michael.jenkin

michael.jenkin Photos

hey michael do you shoot with camera on tripod when u take the photos to stack or do you do it hand held?

Hello,

I used a tripod.

From my flickr notes

"My second "deep focus compilation". Using Helicon Focus. 7 photos of various focal lengths. All 7 photos had a point of focus but the final appears almost fully focused.

The guitar was help in a stand and the camera was imeadiately over the top.

The material on the floor looks very strange after having been though the conversion process.

Taken with a Canon EOS 30d, 18-55 m lens on a tripod at close range and a remote trigger."

How do you do light painting?

Hello,

Have a dark area, fairly low ISO (stops grainyness and brings out your surrounds) , Long exposure (30 seconds to 1 minute), use a tripod, use a remote trigger (if you have one) and use Mirror lockup (if the camera can do it). Mirror lockup and Tripod just to stop the shakes (Not essential). Use a torch to set your focus and then flick to manual.

Click the shutter.

Now get in front of the lens and do something cool with an Led light or torch.

Once you have done that, you can work on your next peice of art until you have worked out the way you like to light paint.

Here is my first attempt

Posted Image

nice, sorry i should have read it XD

want to learn stacking espcially with macro, dunno how those crazy macro photogs do it hand held ><

I think you will find it is an expensive lens. My Canon MPE60 lens works well hand held (just need to watch DOF). My Macro's seem to benifit with more expensive lenses :(

I think you will find it is an expensive lens. My Canon MPE60 lens works well hand held (just need to watch DOF). My Macro's seem to benifit with more expensive lenses :(

nice, you have a mpe60! but yea i have a macro lens already (100 L) but i meant like i wonder how all those guys that do focus stacking does it hand held lol XD

nice high key shot

nice, you have a mpe60! but yea i have a macro lens already (100 L) but i meant like i wonder how all those guys that do focus stacking does it hand held lol XD

nice high key shot

As the MPE60 is so quick and easy to use, I can see you getting a few shots off and being able to stack them. It is still manual focus though. I think any more than a few shots is unrealistic.

Some of these hand held guys might be stretching the truth.

nice high key shot

Thinking about it, maybe they have the camera hooked into a follow focus system and rapid photo bursts ?

yea i would love to learn how aye, my guess is rapid burst as they turn the focus ring, but keeping still is hard enough as it is also like for example i use flash i dunno if the flash can keep up :S

yea i would love to learn how aye, my guess is rapid burst as they turn the focus ring, but keeping still is hard enough as it is also like for example i use flash i dunno if the flash can keep up :S

Yeah, I have a Canon EX550 and an external battery pack. It seems to keep up. I also have a Macro ring light without flash and a 600w overhead light on a tripod. They all help with Macro.

A standard flash will nto keep up :(

Edited by michael.jenkin

yea might consider more lighting gear down the track for macro

atm i have my 580 exii mounted on a c bracket shot through a soft box triggered wirelessly, seems to be working quite nicely lighting wise

yea might consider more lighting gear down the track for macro

atm i have my 580 exii mounted on a c bracket shot through a soft box triggered wirelessly, seems to be working quite nicely lighting wise

Actually I got good stacked shots with a home made coke can diffuser and bellows on a rail.

A cheap way to do it

Posted Image

ZOMG!

Not sure how to take that comment :)

Hehe...sorry. Not sure exactly how I feel about pics actually...a mixture of awe, strange fascination, and wonder 8-)

Hehe...sorry. Not sure exactly how I feel about pics actually...a mixture of awe, strange fascination, and wonder 8-)

I am the same. I see things and am in Awe and wonder how they did what I was looking at. Facination is a good quality. If a photographer can create wonder, then he has suspended your belief.

I aim to try and put a person into awe and wonder. I also like being in awe and wonder.