Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Twinkie

Help a dude purchase his new phone.

Oh...That makes sense...I'm not up to date with phones...Only the occasional update on Popular Science do I ever read concerning phones and the Popular Science Android app is American(only version that is updated regularly).

Wait the S is the only difference...Okay then...

Yes, would be nice to get back to batteries that last 2+ days. But the market isn't demanding it yet - people get to work and plug their iPhone into their PC to keep it charged; I do the same with my HTC. I'd rather not - my Nokia smartphones went the distance but there was a definite tradeoff in power and capability.

Oh...That makes sense...I'm not up to date with phones...Only the occasional update on Popular Science do I ever read concerning phones and the Popular Science Android app is American(only version that is updated regularly).

Wait the S is the only difference...Okay then...

it lacks a few other features like a good screen and iirc a slower cpu.

I got the Galaxy S a few months ago and it is holding up well even though it's not the latest or trendiest.

I am on a $29 cap and just upgrade every two years as part of that deal.

Just saw kogan have the xperia arc for $379 plus delivery http://www.kogan.com.au/shop/sony-ericsson...unlocked-white/ im probably just going to get that since its the only nice looking phone even if it lacks some of the features of the other ones.

Good phone seen it in use blows my (does the job) LG Optimus (not the Optimus 1 just the Optimus also known as the GT540) out of the water...Very responsive and also a rather nice design.

Is Sony really dependable with their quality of product these days?

My Sony PSP started hiccuping in performance within months of use. My Sony Home Entertainment System started doing wrong shit when you give it commands and my Sony Ericsson lost it's coating a month in service. Is it right to feel that I really have had it with the company?

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Thanks Cyber, I can count for on ya for good assurance.

How does the process work if I want to transfer my current phone number to a new Sim?

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

dunno about your carriers of choice but I went vodafail to telstra and it took a chat with some random indian guy and about 30 mins to port it over.

Edited by nesquick

Sounds retarded. I wonder if that does actually vary with other Telcos.

If not I guess they'll have to do. I really can't be bothered sorting all my contacts to add a new number and etc.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

I really don't wanna go down the ebay road. Feels kinda mischievous and dodgy.

I will plan to get an iPhone sometime in the future but just now now unless you can find one for around 200 bucks.

My current phone is this.

Ok cool, not a bad phone really is it?! Do you want to go for the flip-design shape again or are you willing to change to a different design?

I really don't wanna go down the ebay road. Feels kinda mischievous and dodgy.

I will plan to get an iPhone sometime in the future but just now now unless you can find one for around 200 bucks.

My current phone is this.

Ok cool, not a bad phone really is it?! Do you want to go for the flip-design shape again or are you willing to change to a different design?

Pretty sure I'm over my fetish for flips now....

These days most caps have free facebook access right?

It'd have to state free facebook. I know vodafone had/have it

Got my Samsung Nexus S.

I was full opening it handling it in sacredness and going "what is this mystical device" and etc haha.

Looks absolutely fabulous. Can't wait to play around with it after activating my SIM. Even though it is locked to Vodafone. I can unlock it free anytime I like by contacting them.

Thanks for making this happen!

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

I thought they were all unlocked regardless just vodaphone branded?

Nope mine was locked.

It came like that with the package. The dude at Dick Smith said so too asking me are you sure you wanna get this cause its locked but I saw Vodafone's cap offering and it's not bad at all.

Feel pretty bummed that the phone didn't come with a manual. Now I'm trying to get it all integrated on a capped internet at home.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

My Nexus S (from Vodafone) that I purchased from DSE was already unlocked by default

The store clerk and product packaging both said it was a locked phone but that was all lies. The mobile phone should work fine just by whacking your new sim into it.

Edited by sm1ddy