Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
unco_tomato

Well Hello There!

Hi Unco!, and hi Atomic forumers.

I followed Unco here from the PCPP forums, where we he's very highly regarded (even after we all found out he was leaving).

Please take care of him for us :)

Seriously, the dude's really approachable, and I think he gets off on helping people solve their issue at great length.

We've all learnt a lot from him and he really improved PCPP to the point where tech became my favourite section.

Enough arse kissing, good luck Unco.

I'll hang around here a bit now and continue to annoy you with my petty problems :P

Are we we poaching forum users now? ;P

Hope you stick around Mick.

And welcome aboard Unco. Look forward to seeing your work.

Are we we poaching forum users now? ;P

Hope you stick around Mick.

And welcome aboard Unco. Look forward to seeing your work.

Hey we could use them especially in the tech section.

Hello unco_tomato and welcome!

Parallel to Atomic (unfortunately with a hiatus... circumstances!), I've been a long-time reader of PCPP (I still miss Snippets) so it's great to see you here.

Now gaming-wise, did you ever play DoD? I seem to remember an unco_tomato on one of the old servers, waaaayyyyyyyy before Source (like when Squidy and I used to play and torture that poor cow).

Yes, I did used to play DoD, on both Original and Source.

Thanks for the praise Mick, it's always nice to have loyal minions readers. Hopefully you stick around here for a bit, it really does have a better forum for Tech than PCPP. Nothing wrong with hanging out on both forums ;)

Ah, Day of Defeat... those were the days... of... defeat...

I'll be over there.

Marvellous! There's only one thing I'll say: have fun.

That, and Tripel Karmeliet, Kwak, Delirium Tremens, Chimay Bleue, Achel Blond, Westmalle Tripel, Rochefort 8. If your homebrew approaches any of those, I'll be there in a shot ;)

I'll be over there.

Oooh, Can I come? DOD rocked my world from the time I was 17 to the time I was 19, was so shattered when we had to adopt steam after WON went down :'(

Thanks for the avatar Justin, I would have done it eventually. Or maybe not....

Marvellous! There's only one thing I'll say: have fun.

That, and Tripel Karmeliet, Kwak, Delirium Tremens, Chimay Bleue, Achel Blond, Westmalle Tripel, Rochefort 8. If your homebrew approaches any of those, I'll be there in a shot ;)

Seem to like some of the heavier Trappist / Belgian / French / styles eh? I'm more of a Pale / Dark ale man myself, though I am also known to enjoy the odd Hefeweizen / Saison if the mood is right. I'll get my favorites up tonight if I can drag myself away from drinking them for long enough.

Seem to like some of the heavier Trappist / Belgian / French / styles eh? I'm more of a Pale / Dark ale man myself, though I am also known to enjoy the odd Hefeweizen / Saison if the mood is right. I'll get my favorites up tonight if I can drag myself away from drinking them for long enough.

Sounds like it's time for a cultural exchange. Beertomica engage!

Thanks for the praise Mick, it's always nice to have loyal minions readers. Hopefully you stick around here for a bit, it really does have a better forum for Tech than PCPP. Nothing wrong with hanging out on both forums ;)

haha, I'm sure I remember you on the old haunts a couple of times! I was Bodie_CI5 (or Carpouzo initially... a play on SPR's Carpazo, which when rendered to my version means watermelon in Greek. Don't know why I'm sharing this lol)

Yeah, Mick, hang around, I'm, surprise, surprise, Bodie_CI5 on PCPP, and had tried to lead the Bring Back Snippets campaign. But it was shot down. Distressing stuff.

I'll be over there.

hmm, wouldn't mind giving her another whirl, but I never really got into it with Source. Classic DoD, Thunder map - the map that ruled them all. What was your handle on there? Did I mention I was Bodie_CI5??

Oooh, Can I come? DOD rocked my world from the time I was 17 to the time I was 19, was so shattered when we had to adopt steam after WON went down :'(

Yep, WON was the best. Do you guys remember 'Daddycool'? Think he was banned from the GameArena servers lol. Top bloke though. Then there was Mister_IRA, 12incha and Nirvana. Timberwolf I think went on to join the ADF. Dr Jones was the Optus admin IIRC?? What was your handle in the game, Nuke? Did I mention I was Bodie_CI5??

grrr, stop it! me and my stupid name :x haha

Hello unco_tomato and welcome!

Parallel to Atomic (unfortunately with a hiatus... circumstances!), I've been a long-time reader of PCPP (I still miss Snippets) so it's great to see you here.

Now gaming-wise, did you ever play DoD? I seem to remember an unco_tomato on one of the old servers, waaaayyyyyyyy before Source (like when Squidy and I used to play and torture that poor cow).

Yeah, I intend to. This forum definitely seems more populated. I like the PCPP tech forum, but its very quiet these days. Only a few stalwarts keep it going really.

I dont mind Atomic, and already buy PC and Tech Authority, so it's not much of a transition.

I'm right into my tech these days, so new sources of help/info are always welcome.

Yep, WON was the best. Do you guys remember 'Daddycool'? Think he was banned from the GameArena servers lol. Top bloke though. Then there was Mister_IRA, 12incha and Nirvana. Timberwolf I think went on to join the ADF. Dr Jones was the Optus admin IIRC?? What was your handle in the game, Nuke? Did I mention I was Bodie_CI5??

grrr, stop it! me and my stupid name :x haha

I was nuclear_winter at first, then I joined [FnL^] and changed my name to NukeJockey, so much of my time in WON and indeed DOD itself I was [FnL^NukeJockey].

Welcome!

Read the FAQ. Ignore Takoma.

:P

Edited by SquallStrife

Welcome!

And don't feed the trolls?

Welcome to the forums.

I'll friend you on HON. Do you play much?

Edited by TinBane

For anyone here who didn't read PC PowerPlay at my time there (I assume most of you(Don't worry I'm not easy to offend)), I was working there for just short of two years, and worked pretty hard to improve their Tech Section from something people just skimmed through, to something similar to the Atomic of old. Adding new ideas, articles and stories to the mix, as well as some air and water-cooled overclocking (and the odd bit of LN2). Hopefully I have a chance to do some bigger and better things over here at Haymarket Media, as they have given me responsibilities for both Atomic and PC & Tech Authority.

Cheers!

Shouldn't that be "I'm not easily offended"?

Just trying to help :P

Oh, Welcome!

one's a statement, one's a challenge.

I think.

Welcome to the Atomic.

Welcome to the forums.

I'll friend you on HON. Do you play much?

Yes, I play 2-3 nights per week if that counts as regular.

I'm not in an active clan though, so I generally end up flying solo and getting stomped by 5-man teams with proper hero picks. Meanwhile my team roles 4 agility carries and I almost give up before the round even begins.

Yes, I play 2-3 nights per week if that counts as regular.

I'm not in an active clan though, so I generally end up flying solo and getting stomped by 5-man teams with proper hero picks. Meanwhile my team roles 4 agility carries and I almost give up before the round even begins.

I don't play as often, but have similar experiences sometimes.

If you stay away from casual mode, I find it's a little better. Gradually building up a friend list of people I play with.

I'm loving Artesia atm, TBH.

I've played two games with bombadier/artesia.

Welcome to Atomic - I've read all the magazines mentioned, but subscribe only to Atomic. I love it.

*Sent friend request on BF3*

Welcome!

And don't feed the trolls?

*grumble*

Must be getting senile in my old age...

hey mate, saw your name popping up around the place and was wondering who you were. taken me a few days to notice this thread.

welcome and all that. :)

I was nuclear_winter at first, then I joined [FnL^] and changed my name to NukeJockey, so much of my time in WON and indeed DOD itself I was [FnL^NukeJockey].

Oh wow - I remember them, quite a blast from the past! I don't know if I remember seeing your name, though (blame it on my old age!). That was the one thing I never achieved, getting into a clan, and both my brother and I were really good players; but I think my temper back then may have had something to do with it.

*whistles blissfully, in an aloof manner