Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
unco_tomato

Well Hello There!

Hello Atomicans,

I thought I'd make a quick thread over here to introduce myself and hopefully meet some familiar faces from other community boards I have been a part of in the past (PCPP and OCAU). First of all, for those of you who don't know my real name, I am Matt Wilson, the ex-Tech Editor of PC PowerPlay magazine and home-brew enthusiast. Many of you may have seen my handle playing games like Heroes of Nerwerth, Countrer Strike: Source, Battlefield: BC2 and 3, along with dozens of others over the years.

For anyone here who didn't read PC PowerPlay at my time there (I assume most of you(Don't worry I'm not easy to offend)), I was working there for just short of two years, and worked pretty hard to improve their Tech Section from something people just skimmed through, to something similar to the Atomic of old. Adding new ideas, articles and stories to the mix, as well as some air and water-cooled overclocking (and the odd bit of LN2). Hopefully I have a chance to do some bigger and better things over here at Haymarket Media, as they have given me responsibilities for both Atomic and PC & Tech Authority.

I'm excited to get started over here on both magazines, as well as have a very active prescence on both the forums and website of Atomic. Anyone who knows me from PC PowerPlay will know I was active on the forums most days, and extremely approachable, so please guys, if you have any questions, queries or dramas, don't hesitate to PM me or reply to threads as I am usually pretty quick to get back to you.

For anyone who wants to load up a game of BF3 or HoN with me, my handle on both is Unco_Tomato so feel free to add me.

See you on the Forums,

Cheers!

Edited by unco_tomato

I was (am?) also an old school PCPPer so I am sure you'll fit in, cause everyone loves me here!

You'll have to kick off a thread in GR about homebrew, I've been doing it for a while too and I know there are a few others around the place.

Welcome to the fold :)

Very nice... Welcome aboard mate, Your input will no doubt be very much appreciated by all! :)

Hello Atomicans,

See you on the Forums,

Cheers!

Welcome to the team, yo! Great to have another techhead on the mag :D

And now, Matt - you are a GOD!

Abuse the power nicely :)

Ah, that explains why my message inbox is suddenly 114% full :P

Thanks guys,

I'll look into adding a new "Home-Brew + Craft Beer" thread tonight. Starting with a few recipes I enjoy, along with my top 50 (in no particular order) rated beers from the UK, AU and USA that I think every beer enthusiast should try. Who knows, if the legal side of it works out, I may be able to supply our next LAN even with some Atomic labeled brews! (assuming all those attending are 18+)

I wonder who has taken over at PCPP then...Use to have a subscription to them which ended a while back now I'm just surfing the forums here mainly.

Welcome, have fun with it and don't get too offended by the trolls, hahaa...

How you doin'? ;)

e: must be something in the air. We just got a new tech journalist on staff too! :)

Edited by kikz

Just noticed unco_tomato is a serf A GOD THAT IS A SERF WHAT IS THIS BLASPHEMY!

I think you have the ability to change that seeing as you are a God...The forums may become rather catastrophic with a new God making modifications...Oh noes...

I wonder if this comes across as trolling to some people, if so oops...

Edited by thesingularity

Sorry Singularity, hopefully my PC more than justifies the title of GOD.

I wonder who has taken over at PCPP then...Use to have a subscription to them which ended a while back now I'm just surfing the forums here mainly.

At the moment no one has taken over. I think they will try to fill the gaping hole with more games reviews, and the occasional freelance tech article.

mmmm.. Craft Beer..

Welcome..

Resident grain homebrewer, and presently halfway through a custom case for myself (COUGH.. Missus..)

AD

Sorry Singularity, hopefully my PC more than justifies the title of GOD.

Well it bests my current PC so it must justify the title! Or does it? O.O Don't worry I'm on a ride of delusion or is it reality, anyway you might discover that in The Green Room...

Welcome, this is the place on the net you were warned about, quake with fear.

For anyone here who didn't read PC PowerPlay at my time there (I assume most of you(Don't worry I'm not easy to offend)), I was working there for just short of two years, and worked pretty hard to improve their Tech Section from something people just skimmed through, to something similar to the Atomic of old. Adding new ideas, articles and stories to the mix, as well as some air and water-cooled overclocking (and the odd bit of LN2). Hopefully I have a chance to do some bigger and better things over here at Haymarket Media, as they have given me responsibilities for both Atomic and PC & Tech Authority.

Cheers!

Shouldn't that be "I'm not easily offended"?

Just trying to help :P

Oh, Welcome!

Greetings, sunshine :-) There's nothing like a little fresh blood (no strikethrough from me, I'm not as polite as .:Cyb3rGlitch:.! :-p ), so welcome to the madhouse and please enjoy your stay :-)

Oh, and i'm also going to be your greatest critic...

But sometimes i do occasionally give out compliments too. Sometimes when they're deserved.

<3

Hello unco_tomato and welcome!

Parallel to Atomic (unfortunately with a hiatus... circumstances!), I've been a long-time reader of PCPP (I still miss Snippets) so it's great to see you here.

Now gaming-wise, did you ever play DoD? I seem to remember an unco_tomato on one of the old servers, waaaayyyyyyyy before Source (like when Squidy and I used to play and torture that poor cow).

Lol i do buy an issue of PC Powerplay from time to time. Welcome aboard.

Unco_Tomato is what sold me. :P

Edited by Mr.Twinkie