• Skyrim
    • CoD: Modern Warfare 3
    • inFamous 2
    • RAGE
    • L.A. Noire
    • Xenoblade Chronicles
    • Other: Specify in post
    • Portal 2

I honestly can't remember if we did this already. Just in case here it is, even if it is a little late. So what was your best game of 2011? Lots to choose from, there were some decent titles released last year. I'm not going to make a poll, just tell us what you liked, and what you didn't if you want.

For me it was a toss up. Dark Souls was my favourite single player game by far. I think it shat all over Skyrim. On the other hand Battlefield 3's multiplayer has pretty much gotten a flogging every day since it was released.

Edit: Now with poll. Also, GOTY is definitely Dark Souls for me. Playing it again atm and loving it just as much as the first time.

Edited by disolusiond

*Buzz*

So close but wrong, you even mentioned it, but the correct answer was in fact 'Skyrim'.

Edit: I had lots of fun in other games, but I know I had the most fun collectively in Skyrim, and I'm confident that many others will reiterate this sentiment below.

Edited by Periander

*Buzz*

So close but wrong, you even mentioned it, but the correct answer was in fact 'Skyrim'.

Fair nuf. Each to his own. I got really bored with it after 60 hours.

We haven't yet, here's some suggestions for the poll.

Portal 2

Bastion

LA Noire

Dead Space 2

Witcher 2

You can fit twenty items on a single Poll, maybe you can do multiple polls, AAA, DLG and mobile?

Edited by King_TriTAN

Batman - arkham city for me, followed by bf3. Personally can't get into skyrim, tried and tried.... Sorry skyrim big flop for me =[

In terms of games I've been compelled to play to completion it would be a toss up between Portal 2, Batman AC and inFamous 2 (which btw, had the best soundtrack of the year imo).

I don't really have a game that really stands out above any in my mind as a GOTY title, but collectively 2011 was one of the best years in gaming in recent history, 2012 is set to be the same, exciting times for gamers.

I knew I wouldn't be able to spilt Portal 2 and Batman Arkham City, so they tied for me.

I'm a skyrim h8r!

IGN I think it was, chose portal 2. I tend to agree with them, great game, played through that in 1 sitting, as soon as it was released, boom.

this is obvious, Skyrim or Portal 2

some say BF3 but only 1/3 of the game was good SP and COOP were both horrible and even then MP on PC is still pretty buggy from what I read.

Edited by nesquick

Haven't finished Portal 2.

Haven't finished Skyrim (barely done any major quests).

Finished single-player BF3, was not too bad. Would have prefered more standard US military missions instead of the terrorist guys being the main part of the game. Only played up to about level 15 or something in multi, I have enjoyed it, but mostly I can't be bothered.

I liked Space Marine but it was too simple and consoley. Fun, but could have been more.

Arkham City I have played some of, but I don't have an optical drive in my computer and have to borrow my housemates external one and I can't be bothered. I have definitely enjoyed what I've played though.

Red Orchestra 2 haha no

So yeah, I bought a lot of games this year, and was either not super impressed by them or just haven't found a reason to play them more than I have.

The only game I can think of atm is Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

really? I enjoyed it but it wasn't anything to write home about.

Well, each of the above games have their own merits on their claim for GOTY. But there are some obvious things about some of them such as the infinite bugs in Skyrim, the Battlefield 3 and Origin teething problems, MW3 being a MW2 clone etc.

I can only say that the GOTY for me is a game that definitely went above and beyond what I expected from a game. There are only 2 games that did this and those two were Portal 2 and Saints Row: The Third. But as a single game, Portal 2 gets my nod definitely.

I get the feeling if something like Uncharted 3 wasn't an exclusive, it would win GOTY, shame that limiting a games audience can lose it the recognition it deserves.

Portal 2. Me and all my mates sat around my laptop at uni, waiting for it to be released. I've never done that before with any game

Portal 2. Me and all my mates sat around my laptop at uni, waiting for it to be released. I've never done that before with any game

lol, I remember reading your posts about that.

Well, each of the above games have their own merits on their claim for GOTY. But there are some obvious things about some of them such as the infinite bugs in Skyrim, the Battlefield 3 and Origin teething problems, MW3 being a MW2 clone etc.

I can only say that the GOTY for me is a game that definitely went above and beyond what I expected from a game. There are only 2 games that did this and those two were Portal 2 and Saints Row: The Third. But as a single game, Portal 2 gets my nod definitely.

Skyrim and BF3 play perfectly on the Xbox though ;)

lol, I remember reading your posts about that.

:-D

Skyrim and BF3 play perfectly on the Xbox though ;)

Believe it or not, its a buggier mess on console than it is PC, just fyi.

For the record, it plays perfectly on PC for me, but that doesn't mean it will for everyone and because some people have issues, doesn't make it a buggy mess, no more than the console version is a buggy mess anyway, what with constant corruption in the installed files, disappearing weapons, games that cease to function after x amount of time, xbox 360s scratching bf3 discs (I noticed a trend in this) and the myriad of other problems on 360 and PS3.

Skyrm is the same, it might play okay without the engine bugs the pc version suffered from, but the console version still had most of the bugs that the PC version had, including things like save game slow downs on ps3, missing textures on 360, poor framerates, the same broken quests that break the game etc. etc. etc.