Sign in to follow this  
witcher01

Cooling Advice/Build Help.

Can someone please help give me a few recommended parts to cool my computer ?? Id like it to be a budget list..

Im currently running an i7920/4 Hard Drives/3x2 sticks of ram and ive got a 650W PSU with 6950 2GIG AMD card and im only using the stock cooling on both the CPU/GPU... but the heat is really bad on my machine and its collected alot of dust so i want to grab a few cooling devices to help it run games for longer without crash :P ( and maybe slight overclock in future)

I might even look at a new case if its suggested but i have a really old antec 900 case with the sides off (cause it got hotter with sides on :S) but the fans inside it are next to useless i think.

All help is greatly appreciated :)

How many fans have you got in your case, what sizes are they and how are the configured?

As for a cpu cooler you should have a look at a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo. Also before you install anything make sure you clean out all the dust you can as I imagine it is stopping what cooling you have from working efficiently.

Well I suggest the Thermaltake FRIO if you can find it around, the original that is because it is quite good, I have one myself. Adjustable fan speed, nice black and red colour scheme if that is your thing and great cooling. So if you can find it around for a good price, or say try StaticIce out then go for it. There is also the Thermaltake FRIO OCK and another new version which has recently come out but it may not be just remembered them reviewing it on Bittech might have been a preview though.

I have a FRIO as well and it's great. I only suggested the Evo because it performs well and is cheap.

thanks guys for the 2 CPU cooler advice.... my case is an antec 900.. i hope to replace all current fans if possible

thanks guys for the 2 CPU cooler advice.... my case is an antec 900.. i hope to replace all current fans if possible

You probably dont need to replace them, just configure them as far as where you want your air flowing in and out.

+1 for the Hyper212 cooler, and of course the ritual de-dusting.