AMD VS INTEL  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• AMD
    • INTEL
    • I buy based on price to performance ratio
    • Whichever is fastest, I don't care about the price

AMD are better for games, everyone knows that :)

Which is why Intel beat them still?

I am trying to understand peoples reasoning here but all I see is a bunch of fanboys, maybe its this section.

For the record I couldn't care less what company makes a better chip, reminiscing of the old days when AMD was on top doesn't make them good, AMD should just dump bulldozer for the piece of shit it is and pursue fusion products.

For the record, I was being facetious :)

I have a pile of Athlon XP CPUs here to remind me of those times ^^

Through a series of favorable events, I ended up being given back the TbredA XP2200+ from my first enthusiast build, after it had changed hands about 6 times. So I'm going to frame it :)

Edited by RenascentMisanthropy

well truth be told its not just fx8150 that cant keep some games over 30fps nor can a 5ghz 2600k but reviews do suggest intel doest atleast a little better but as you say there is a lot of reviews out there with less that perfect testing practises

From all I've seen.... I wouldn't be disappointed with one.

I might be getting one sooner rather than later.

Quick simple question:

I am putting a basic budget gaming rig and I have trouble choosing a CPU.

Either i3 2130 or FX 4170?

It seems that majority say that FX sucks and i3 even as dual core cpu will be much better choice. Just need final confirmation before a purchase.

thanx for any help.

I don't think I'm biased one way or the other. I go with the general consensus 'bang for buck' CPU generally.

Currently running an Intel i5 2500K, and have previously run an Intel Q6600 and an AMD 4000+.

I do kinda want to see AMD shine again, but from what information I can glean from people who know a lot more then me about CPUs, Intel was just the best choice for my price point.

TBH at that price Dreed you're maybe $30 away from an i5 2320 (quad core 3.0GHz), which would be the best fit in the price range for a gaming rig - prices on those should also drop once Ivy Bridge is released around the end of the month.

TBH at that price Dreed you're maybe $30 away from an i5 2320 (quad core 3.0GHz), which would be the best fit in the price range for a gaming rig - prices on those should also drop once Ivy Bridge is released around the end of the month.

Oh? Should I wait then. I am not really in a rush atm and can wait 4 weeks or so.