Sign in to follow this  
Antraman

Acer P244WP 24" 1920x1080 2ms HDMI LCD reviews?

Well from the sounds of it, the monitor I got, the Benq G2400W-B is the exact monitor you want. It's 1920x1200, 24", no speakers or TV tuner, DVI, VGA, and HDMI inputs, simple looks and stand, and great for watching 1080p movies. I paid about $390 for it a couple of months ago, I don't know if all the price heights have affected it.

There are other similar models in the range, of similar prices, and I'm sure they all use the same panel and stuff, so there's probably not much difference.

I got a Dell S2409W a while back for $255.

They were $399 with a special of 80 dollars off and I had a code for 20% off on top of that. Pretty happy with it, seeing as the price is up to 500 now...

I'm also looking at one of these monitors, so I wont create my own thread about it, but a few quick questions, the 16:9(1920x1080) ratio, rather than the 16:10(1920x1200) is that going to cause me any grief with pc gaming? I could always use it for my 360, but I do want one for the pc, as my 4870x2 can push more pixels than my 22" will allow!

The price of the acer on umart is similar to that of MSYs price, so I was thinking of ordering from there, but I'm not sure.

Cheers.

Well I gave in and picked one up yesterday;

So far, the resolution is picked up in every game (every recent game) and looks fine.

Crysis, Fallout 3, World of Warcraft have all worked properly at that resolution, I'd assume CoD4 will be the same.

Seems pretty good value for the money thus far, happy with it over the last 24 hours.

This is a new model monitor... and there are unfortunately no reviews out at all for the moment.

Here is the press release.. it doesn't help, but whatever. http://global.acer.com/about/news.asp?id=6858

The thing is when buying a 16:9 aspect ratio monitor... your limited... but 16:10 can do more resolutions... higher resolutions.

If your in the market for an expensive HD 24" panel, go for the Dell 2408WFP... some people are really loving them. But if you want something more affordable, I'd go for the BenQ.

I ended up ordering a Samsung 2442WB for 439, couldnt find much info about it, but the sammys have always been pretty good from what ive seen and heard, so heres hoping...