Sign in to follow this  
Tortured-X

Kuhler 620

so, looking at getting the kuhler 620 or 920, issue is i need to know if it'd fit in the Thermaltake v6 without an real modding save removing a fan.

this is my 1st build so i'd like to not worry about screwing up with the case modding.

if the kuhler isn't possible what would be a decent HSF for an 1055T within a $70 budget? Both quiet and cool obviously :)

It will fit fine. Will need to be mounted on the back 120mm ran duct. Use the fans that come with it and set a custom fan profile with the software you get.

Pretty good Im very happy with my 920.

sweet, so even the 920 will fit?

i figure with the heat in the room it'll be best to have one of these to keep the cpu from being desintegrated

the 620 and 920 are almost the same size etc. just the 920 has double fans.

both will fit easily in your case on the rear 120mm fan mount.

they are about as good as a decent air cooler, not sure how noisy they are (compared to say a 140mm noctua design) as i don't have one.

edit: antec website says 'Noise Level: - 43 dBA' so probably no quieter than an air cooler if thats the desired effect.

Edited by p0is(+)n

hmm glad to hear it'll fit the case.

as for the mounting bracket the mobo is Asus M4A89TD Pro/USB3 and a phenom II x6 1055T cpu

I have a 620 myself, all I had to do is replace a fan and I was done, it was the Top rear end fan, I'm not sure where you would stick the double fan, but as long as you check the specs out and measure up teh inside of your case and have the right bolt holes (or make new ones) you'll be right

The main concern would be if there's enough room for the CPU bracket behind the mobo. It's not very deep but it might not fit if there's little room.

The Kuhler 620 has one of the smallest mounting plates I have seen, I doubt it will be an issue, even in old as fuck cases.