Sign in to follow this  
Viperxtx

New laptop 0% plugged in, charging.

Howdy,

Purchased a laptop off ebay, I plugged it into the powerpoint left it for a few hours come back turned it on to find the windows battey indicator reading {0%, plugged in, charging}, yet as soon as I remove the laptop from power it dies. I contacted the seller he sent me another battery and I'm still having the same issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Heres a pic of HW monitor:

Posted Image

Edited by Viperxtx

tried charging it while its off? I ask this because it may be the charger sent is not powerful enough to charge and run the machine at the same time for some reason.

tried charging it while its off? I ask this because it may be the charger sent is not powerful enough to charge and run the machine at the same time for some reason.

Sure have with both batteries, left them for around 3 hours off before attempting to power it up. I also have an older asus netbook the revision before the 1215N with exactly the same charger, have also tried with that.

Edited by Viperxtx

there's 2 power supply circuits in laptops. 1) AC adapter, that powers the laptop and chargers the battery, 2) Battery, self explanatory.

There is a fuse inside between the 2 psu's that does blow causing the exact issue. Has power,has battery plugged in, cant get power to battery.

Or your extremely unlucky having 2 dead batteries.

It's not the dc connector because the laptop works when it's plugged in.

Edited by jdee71

faulty power connector.

interesting??? that actually doesn't sound right. regardless.... it's working now.