nesquick

Mass Effect 3 demo

rofl

You know the saying "never ascribe to malice what can be explained by incompetence". All these are just wishful thinking based on coincidences and discontinuities.

This reminds me of the whole "Neo and the population of Zion are actually machines who were made to think they were human" thing when people were disappointed with the way the Matrix went downhill.

Face it. Devs and writers just aren't that anal to plant that many clues. If they had all that time to put this together, why didn't they make a better ending in the first place?

while this is all true, we still don't know, apparently they wanted to do something about dark matter consuming the galaxy but EA told them they had to hurry the fuck up with the game, so many games have been ruined by EA wanting to rush things out :( Edited by nesquick

while this is all true, we still don't know, apparently they wanted to do something about dark matter consuming the galaxy but EA told them they had to hurry the fuck up with the game, so many games have been ruined by EA wanting to rush things out :(

This makes me sad. Sad face :(

while this is all true, we still don't know, apparently they wanted to do something about dark matter consuming the galaxy but EA told them they had to hurry the fuck up with the game, so many games have been ruined by EA wanting to rush things out :(

This makes me sad. Sad face :(

Even though I liked the ending, and liked being left to use my imagination about what might happen to the ME galaxy after the ending, I felt like it was a little bit rushed too. But I still feel the basic idea and themes behind the ending are quite clever. It's sci-fi which actually incorporates real scientific hypotheses just like the dark matter ending would have if it were chosen.

there was also meant to be a final fight with the illusive man like Saren in the first one but that was never put in either

there was also meant to be a final fight with the illusive man like Saren in the first one but that was never put in either

The Illusive Man didn't strike me as a sort of man to get his hands dirty. He's more about using his head and money to deal the damage.

The Illusive Man didn't strike me as a sort of man to get his hands dirty. He's more about using his head and money to deal the damage.

he was meant to be transformed like saren was after he sorta dies, I guess it didn't really fit with their plot though, although he could be a boss on the cerberus base or something and you just snipe kai leng while hes getting his morning cup of coffee on the way to work. Edited by nesquick

A fight with The Illusive Man would have just been bizarre. He's such a 'high up' figure, he doesn't do grunt work, that's what Kai Leng was for. Even if he was transformed like Saren was, he would just be a husk, that's what happens when Reaper tech merges with humans. That wouldn't have been very climactic :\

yeah, Martin Sheen is too cool to get his hands dirty like that. You might as well get Christopher Walken to participate in a WWF match. Ridiculous!

well thats what the artbook had

http://i.imgur.com/YyFsR.jpg

basically though as has been said information was his weapon and they decided fighting a random abomination was pretty stupid.

ultimately though I think had Sheppard died and the series concluded they could have gone out with a bang, but you then see Sheppard live which is like in Halo 3 they could have gone out with a bang but instead Microsoft wanted to keep the protagonist for subsequent re releases and more $$$

Edited by nesquick

I think Sheppard dying is an acceptable ending. I mean he saved the galaxy, there's no topping that, everything afterwards would just be downhills. The greatest legends in history died during or immediately after they achieve the apex of their glory.

What pisses me off is so little was shown of the aftermath. Like srsly, I spent all that time boostering Citadel's defenses and it got destroyed anyway. What's the fucking point?

What pisses me off is so little was shown of the aftermath. Like srsly, I spent all that time boostering Citadel's defenses and it got destroyed anyway. What's the fucking point?

The new DLC resolves most of the problems with the previous ending.

I mean, not so much from a narrative stand point, but at least from a logical progression stand point.

so apparently it runs from the cerberus base till the end, I don't know if I even feel like replaying that much of the game :/

Im a big fan of multiplayer and how unforgiving it is playing gold 99% of the time so playing SP even on insanity feels so dam easy and slow paced.

Edited by nesquick

yea and don't forget to get the 2 free packs, I got a valiant II for that bronze run we did so im happy.

edit: I just played it, was pretty tacked on tbh, waste of 1.9gb I could of used on something more constructive.

Edited by nesquick

yea and don't forget to get the 2 free packs, I got a valiant II for that bronze run we did so im happy.

I got my 4th Disciple upgrade with my victory pack.

My luck didn't change.

;)

disciple is such a crap gun, your meant to get an N7 in one pack so you mustn't of done the challenge.

im now convinced you get more N7 weapons with a higher N7 rank though, in the last 3 days I got scorpion III and two level ups for the sabre.

also bioware have finally fixed the character card spam http://social.bioware.com/forums/forum/1/t.../index/12776943

Mass Effect 3’s Multiplayer has been an interesting journey

for BioWare. Over the last few months, we’ve been watching player behavior,

talking to our players on the forums and in the game lobbies, and playing the

hell out of the game at home. Based on all of that, we’ve been trying to make

adjustments to the game within our post-ship limitations, our capacity for

development and testing, and our ability to patch or update.

We want you to know that we’ve been listening. We’ve heard

your feedback about character unlocks and training in the Reinforcement Packs,

and we’re poised to make some great changes in these areas. Specifically, we

want you to get new content faster and have a satisfying replacement drop once

you have all of the new kits. To this end, we’ve removed

Character kit cards as rare drops after all appearance options have been

unlocked and we’ll be introducing a new powerful Rare Ammo type that will drop

when you’ve maxed out your kits.

We hope you enjoy these changes, and we look forward to

seeing you in game!

Edited by nesquick

disciple is such a crap gun, your meant to get an N7 in one pack so you mustn't of done the challenge

Yes I know the disciple is a piece of shit.

No need to add insult to injury.

;P

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

The N7 drop rate has definitely been improved, I just unlocked wraith IV, Indra IV and Harrier V in about 1 hour of game play (the last two in the same PSP to)

Infiltrator has been severely nerfed though, cloak time now halved and damage output cut by 25%

Edited by nesquick

disciple is such a crap gun, your meant to get an N7 in one pack so you mustn't of done the challenge

;P

Really? I used the Disciple from the time I got it, until the end of the single-player campaign. It seemed to be the best fit for my Vanguard Shepard, since all the other shotguns were heavier and increased cooldown time.

Haven't used it in multiplayer though, so it might be just terrible there :P

Soooo they basically swapped pointless character cards for almost as pointless weapon mods...

Faaaantaaaastic....

In the mean time, STILL NO FUCKING N7!!!!

;P

Really? I used the Disciple from the time I got it, until the end of the single-player campaign. It seemed to be the best fit for my Vanguard Shepard, since all the other shotguns were heavier and increased cooldown time.

Haven't used it in multiplayer though, so it might be just terrible there :P

Multiplayer vanguard=death over and over again even on silver, if you charge a banshee, atlas, phantom expect to get insta killed, Krogan vanguard is alright as a tank I guess but the vanguard/soldier classes just don't cut it like a maxed out asari adept would against heavy enemies.

well this is on gold, I don't play easy mode.

as for the best shotgun, the reeger carbine is hands down the most ridiculous thing in the history of shotguns, the damage it puts out is huge even compared to a claymore.

Soooo they basically swapped pointless character cards for almost as pointless weapon mods...

Faaaantaaaastic....

In the mean time, STILL NO FUCKING N7!!!!

Yea its getting pretty BS now, you have put in the same amount of hours as me and have no where near the same number of N7 guns. Edited by nesquick

So the N7s now can be unlocked in the purchased Spectre packs? or are they still only awarded for completing challenges?

So the N7s now can be unlocked in the purchased Spectre packs? or are they still only awarded for completing challenges?

You can get some from challenges, I got eagle pistol and valiant from challenges, and scorpion pistol (and Javelin? is that N7) from 60k pack.

Tye

You can get some from challenges, I got eagle pistol and valiant from challenges, and scorpion pistol (and Javelin? is that N7) from 60k pack.

Tye

Theres two types of N7 weapons, the human N7's you got in collectors editions are only awarded for completing challenges (these are the eagle pistol, valiant sniper rifle, crusader shotgun or hurricane SMG)

the other ultra rare weapons (also n7 rank) you can unlock at any time with a spectre pack or PSP but its rare or it was I get one for every 2 packs now, these guns are:

-paladin pistol

-black widow sniper rifle

-talon pistol

-sabre assault rifle

-cerberus harrier assault rifle

-wraith shotgun

-the scorpion pistol

-the javelin sniper rifle

-the indra sniper rifle

most of these n7 weapons are crap though with the exception of the Black widow SR and harrier AR