Sign in to follow this  
cleadge

Watercooling assistance.

I recently redid my Loop XSPC rasa RX240 kit (New hose, added comp fittings, relocated rad from the rear to the top of my case), after filing bleeding and a leak test, i powered up and it ran fine. Played BF3 for a while then noticed there was a buildup of tiny bubbles, i then noticed idle temps were at 55c which used to be 42. powered down and touch tested the rad and noticed it was quite hot itself along with the rest of the loop, also a buildup of internal pressure due to the water getting so hot.

I'm assuming its caused by bad air flow through the Rad itself? or have i overlooked something.

any help would be much appreciated where possible :)

got some more info on fans and pics of your rad mount and case airflow?

with a top mounted rad they can get a large pocket of air if the barbs are facing down which drastically reduces there efficiency roll your case around trying to get the exit barb on your rad facing up to get as much air out as you can without the res allowing more to be pumped back in

Roll your case around while running the pump (don't have the rest of your PC on to be safe). This should help dislodge any bubbles in any parts of the loop they have accumulated.

I thought my loop was running fine, then i ran my TJ11 on its side for two days, flipped it back up the right way and had about 2CM drop in my reservoir levels. A lot of air had passed out of the loop :) MY GPU blocks in particular harbor a lot of air after a drain and clean of my system.

As the others have advised its probably got some bubbles blocking water flow. I find even just wobbling the case from side to side (gently, then vigirously if necessary) will result in the audible dislodging of some bubbles. Don't be afraid to pick it up and give it a good shake if that's what it takes.

I pulled apart my watercooling loop yesterday to clean it, (360 rad, 240 rad, 3 block loop)

No fucking way can I shake this 800D, I weighed the PC it is 28Kg :/

back to 44c idle and 68c load. guess I missed a bubble before, cheers guys.

tho much warmer than it used to be (58c)

any suggestions for a pair of good fans?

Edited by cleadge

provided it's not a jet about to take off, fan noise doesn't bother me a whole lot.

I have an enermax magma fan (1500RPM / 69.15CFM / 117m3/h / 1.400mm-H2O /18dBA) floating around would a pair of these be suitable? not exactly sure what to look for when it comes to rad fans.

Edited by cleadge

if your rad is the xspc kit it has 1700rpm yate's so those fans probably wont help much and may even be worse

something like this would but dam will it make some noise

Scythe 120mm Ultra Kaze 3000RPM Fan

The Ultra Kaze DFS123812L-3000 fan moves a powerful 133.60CFM at 45.90dBA. The 38mm thickness achieves a higher static air pressure than most 25mm fans. $19

few reasons it could be hotter than it was

case airflow is restricting the rad

case has a fair bit of heat dump that is affecting the rad air intake temps

kink in tube

still air in the loop

I used to use three magma fans on my old D14 and they were fine for me. Though if you leave your PC on a lot you can definitely hear the airflow if it is sitting next to you in a quiet room.

I use all Noctua now as I want as close to silence as possible, but previously my choice for performance fans were Magma's.

EDIT: Could be dust in your rad fins, give it a brush out. If you still have issues, pull your blocks apart and check for any gunk/goopy build up.

yea its the kit but i never touched the fans that came with it, have been using coolermaster fans 44.7cfm, im using the standoffs for airflow spacing so atleast 1".

DEdusted the rad while it was appart and also cleaned the block (had abit of goop buildup).

ed. added img

Posted Image

Edited by cleadge

i would try the stock fans on it and block of the vents in the roof of the case between the case and the rad

if the temps are still higher its prboably the mount

im guessing the rad fans are sucking threw the rad?

Edited by Dasa

I have a pair of Scythe UltraKaze 3000rpm's on my 240 radiator, they are pretty quiet, much quieter than my NMB server fans on the 360 rad, that move a bit more air.

Those are also quieter again than my Nidec Beta-V 220cfm monsters haha, they spin around 5000-5500rpm I think :S

I run my fans on 5v normally.

quick update, temp stabalised at 44 - 55. havnt been bothered with changing the layout or airflow as yet, but is on my todo list lol

If you can shoe-horn a Scythe Ultra Kaze 3000RRM on there that'll rule out the fans.

Although if you have no care for you hearing... go for a Delta :)

If you can shoe-horn a Scythe Ultra Kaze 3000RRM on there that'll rule out the fans.

fan controllers are win

fan controllers are win

The 220CFM Nidec BetaV's need at least a 40-50w channel each I think =S

3.3amp fans

fan controllers are win

The 220CFM Nidec BetaV's need at least a 40-50w channel each I think =S

3.3amp fans

there are a few fan controllers out there im sure.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_p...oducts_id=18626

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_p...oducts_id=18295

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_p...oducts_id=18624

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_p...oducts_id=17217