NukeJockey

[PC] Source Mod - No More Room in Hell

Aiight.

So there is a sourcemod called No More Room in Hell which I have been very eager to try out for some time.

If you own a source game on steam, then you should have access to the source 2007/2008 SDK, accessible from Tools in your steam library, you will need that installed.

This mod is essentially an 8 player coop survival horror, its a survival horror in every sense of the word, its also a coop game in every sense of the word.

If you do not stick together, you will die. No ifs, no buts. You will cark it. You're fucked. No more.

I have been eager to try this for over a month now, however I have no one to try it with, playing it alone is just fucked, far too hard, Zombies don't go down easy against most blunt melee objects, headshots from guns are 1 shot kill though.

Limited ammo, limited weapons, limited health (no medkits afaik) limited friends...

Who wants to download this and have a game? Last I checked there were a few Aussie servers up, but I've never seen them populated.

You can download it from the link above, I believe it has an Australian mirror. Just scroll down until you see v1.02 download, there is a v1.02b hotfix that you will also need to grab.

Once you have it installed, add me to steam (nukejockey) and we'll organise something.

So a more hardcore version of left 4 dead? Interesting :)

Essentially.

You start off in a secure location at the start of the round (only 3 maps atm) and can scavenge items off the floor and shelves, things like torches and melee weapons, you get a few handguns but very little ammo. You then have objectives throughout the level that you have to get to and complete. I'll admit most of it will be zombie dodging rather than fighting, as the player is at a serious disadvantage as far as damage goes, zombies kill you in a few hits, while it can take a dozen or so hits from a bat to take a zombie down.

looks interesting, nothing like left 4 dead though which is piss easy, looks like they get hung up on closed doors though? seems a bit arbitrary.

It does look interesting, grabbing it now.

Using the torrent option to grab it, which is going decently quick!

Edited by PointZeroOne

looks interesting, nothing like left 4 dead though which is piss easy, looks like they get hung up on closed doors though? seems a bit arbitrary.

Its a mod and its still very much beta.

There are still lots of AI bugs to fix and all sorts of other issues, but it is still being updated and should only get better.

Its a shame that we have to turn to mods to get a real survival horror game.

What is this world coming to? :P

2004?

anyway... def gonna give this a try, I'll try n see when I'm available for a whirl..

Edited by Chuck Norris(good actor

I'm in. Will keep checking back on this thread to see if anything happens. Feel free to PM me too.

So zombie master without the rts?

I'll might look into it, lets hope it doesn't die like such great mods seem to always do.