Sign in to follow this  
pb111

Billion 7402NX

hi guys i got a Billion 7402NX ADSL2+ modem & router, had it for about a week or two, experienced higher latency in games n what not compare to my crappy siemens 4200 speedstream or whatever it's called LOL. wireless works great though, but i was some what expected my latency to drop lower... not sure why but i just thought it would, certainly helped with my dropout issues, haven't dropped out once since i got this modem, anyone know how to tweak anything to help with latency D: ?

Can you provide some actual figures? What was your latency before and after, and what's the address of the server you're playing on?

You might find that you have a crappy line and the modem has negotiated interleaving which effectively adds additional error correction data on the ADSL line but results in slightly higher latency as the extra data is processed. Then again, it could be something else entirely.

Can you also post your line stats from the router? (sync speed, noise margin and all the other associated crap)