Chaos.Lady

Atomic Mafia - V3 style

Okay, so yes I know I've been slack. I promised you all mafia aaaaggggeeesssss ago and never came through.

Blame Uni. :(

Anyways, my Uni will be over for the year in about 2 weeks (thank holy freaking Christ). So I'm game for Mafia if you guys are.

Given I want to let other OOni student type peoples get over their exams as well, I'm looking at the 2nd week in December (ie starting on the 6th of December). Flavour and other details will be a surprise.

If you aren't sure what the heck I'm on about, go to the wikipedia entry (thanks greycat) here, or to the atomican mafia page for all the links or check this out (archives) .

EDIT! Reminder to all wanting to participate!

The initial stages of this game can be quite time intensive. This slows down after a few days, however you MUST be available to check in and do some reading each day starting on the 6th.

I WILL be very hard on non-participating people.

Current Game Crew:

Yup

The Tick

Kommando

drago13666

thesorehead

skull

shrubb face

greycat

Girvo

Captain Murphy

YAFA

das Book

Ihsan

Taranthor

King of the Mountain

Genesis X

800 Series

Negotiator

spookywanluke

disco

NagChampa

TazFromOz

Ahsoka

dren

Fred Nertzberger

John.Titor

NuDude

Inanimate Carbon Rod

Battlefield Gir

Maybe

Hypergumby

Nich...

Devere

Captain Murphy

Edited by Chaos.Lady

Ummmm maybe. I'll get back to you when I read the FAQ and newbie guide. Haven't been around for a while. I positively feel like Niko Bellic ;)

Woohoo. That's 2 maybes!

We are off to a flying start! :P~

You know my maybe is as good as a yes :)

If numbers of interested parties exceed the amount of people you are after then I will step aside to allow a place for someone else. Otherwise count me in.

hell yeah!

i was actually thinking about this the other day, i was a little annoyed that i wasn't in the last one.

i'm hoping that you don't go too hard on us since we are all probably a little rusty.

yay!

Hehe. You know I tease because I love Tick. :)

I'll make sure all who want to be in are in this game (since I haven't announced the mechanics yet, I'm pretty sure I can accommodate any numbers).

Since it's our very first V3 effort it will probably have a more traditional slant although I'm not going to promise not to throw in a few migraine inducements! :)

sorehead - a turn normally takes as long as it takes. :) The game will probably take between a week and 10 days to run.

the rules are simple.

there is a bunch of villagers

among them, secretly, are mafia

every night, the mafia collaborate to kill off a person.

every day all the people have to talk and work out who they think is a mafia and to lynch one at the end of the day.

the game ends when either all the mafia are dead, or all the non-mafia are dead.

expansions to the rules include multiple gangs of mafia, special character roles that give benefits or twists to the game, and special character personalities with their own win conditions.

its a game of subtefuge and misinformation.

a game i usually suck at and get killed off before day 4.

tho i was part of a massive series of explosions and suicide pacts in the firefly game that saw 5 people dead at the end of day 3.

Pencil me in for a maybe, please? I want to win one instead of being bloody well killed off by Chaos again :P

Will see how we go for timing.

um chaos one thing you might have to take into account (unless you have already thought of it)

The new forums don't show when people edit posts, can mods (aka you) identify edits? or are there going to have to be added precautions to make sure nobody cheats?

um chaos one thing you might have to take into account (unless you have already thought of it)

The new forums don't show when people edit posts, can mods (aka you) identify edits? or are there going to have to be added precautions to make sure nobody cheats?

Bloody good point there drago13666. Didn't even cross my mind about that.

I had thought of that, and I'm still not quite sure how to get around it.

I'm working on it though.

I'll hit the devs up and make a lot of noise to try to get a workaround happening.

If it's just not possible, I'll go the honour route with stiff penalties (like immediate removal from the game) for anyone who is caught in violation. We haven't had many issues in the past with edits and I'm pretty sure everyone will be honest enough, but I'll still see if I can't get anything happening from the dev end as well. :)

You want us to have honour while we lie, cheat, steal and stab everyone in the back?...

well in the past edit infractions were limited to spelling and paragraphing so i'd say people are pretty savvy with the notion it is a game.