Flouncy

Atomic F1, season 5

Stacks of first-hand info HERE.

So pretty much an all-new handling model, and the sim guys like it.

Also funky: choose your fuel load before a race.

Wow those reviews sound so good. The new handling model falls right into my driving style! Really excited about F1 2012 now that it's become more realistic.

- Focus on lines - good

- Under steer on bad entries or coming in too hot good

- No more silly full lock steering while braking into turns - excellent

- More grip with aero at high speed so now we can go flat through high speed turns like the real 2012/2011 cars - good

- Curbs now unbalance your car so you now can't abuse the track limits freely like in 2011 - excellent

- More punishment on grip for going off line with gravel/marbles/grass - excellent

- Pronounced sounds for locking and slipping - silly, I admit it was too quiet in 2011 but I adapted and hardly spun while on the limits, now everyone will have the same ability as me without effort or learning.

- Love the new tyre management in regards to spinning up rears wearing out tyres quicker - excellent, this should reward those with patient controlled throttle control :-)

- No silly gear bashing engine braking - excellent, about time, I hope to see more of you with exploded motors

- Fuel load at start of race - just cool

- New mirrors take up way too much of the screen, looks like you cant spot the apex in cockput anymore.

- Out of car view for pits - so silly

Stacks of first-hand info HERE.

So pretty much an all-new handling model, and the sim guys like it.

Also funky: choose your fuel load before a race.

Just read it, sounds amazing and right on the sweet spot for more realism and features but not stupid hard for casual players. There are 2 key things form it id like to point out for those who haven't read it. These plus the tighter rules are really going to put a stop to the corner cutting stupid track times and force players to drive within the lines like we should have been.

"The curbs are also a lot more of a thing, take the **bleep** on them & they will really unsettle your car & cause you you a lot of problems."

No more Monza chicane cutting.

"Going off the track is much more of a punishment now, you will be slowed down greatly"

ET can no longer pass off track. :p Edited by Modz

- Pronounced sounds for locking and slipping - silly, I admit it was too quiet in 2011 but I adapted and hardly spun while on the limits, now everyone will have the same ability as me without effort or learning.

Finally some more queues for non wheel users. No real clues with a pad as to when your cars gonna kick out from underneath you, this should help.

my race was OPPO, I received two drive thru penalties. One for t-boning a spinning racer and one for getting lost in the grass after turn 130R, we all race under the same rules though but it pissed me off :) 100 % was cool though, I would do again.

good work with the awards Lambo! and thanks to those who voted for me, I'll send you all a setup for Spa :)

good work with the awards Lambo! and thanks to those who voted for me, I'll send you all a setup for Spa :)

F!@# the setup send the hacks man, the hacks ;-P

Here is the Brazil full cut.

So awesome!

El grande mucho grassyarse for the hard work there Lambo! Legendarissimo.

So Schmeval, In that Brazil race, where you had multiple people chasing you, who were you most worried about? Like was there a point when someone was behind you and you thought "Shit, I better start trying here"? Who did you think could have taken a position away from you?

I feel I pushed you to go faster(my head, she be HUGE!!!). The gap to the next few racers definately became bigger. I just wasn't behind you long enough. I'd say Lambo probably kept your heart rate up the most and Webby made you take a look at yourself, slap yourself awake and start really racing.

Personally, I am always afraid when Lambo or Flouncy are right behind me. Because the slightest fuckup from me and they are through and it will take many laps to get back the distance lost as they rarely fuckup.

Edited by Ghost05

So Schmeval, In that Brazil race, where you had multiple people chasing you, who were you most worried about? Like was there a point when someone was behind you and you thought "Shit, I better start trying here"? Who did you think could have taken a position away from you?

I feel I pushed you to go faster(my head, she be HUGE!!!). The gap to the next few racers definately became bigger. I just wasn't behind you long enough. I'd say Lambo probably kept your heart rate up the most and Webby made you take a look at yourself, slap yourself awake and start really racing.

Personally, I am always afraid when Lambo or Flouncy are right behind me. Because the slightest fuckup from me and they are through and it will take many laps to get back the distance lost as they rarely fuckup.

Yep - and Schmeve what was your plan if someone DID get by? Go get em and bunch us up again, I expect.

I feel worthless.

Worthless aye. So Mclaren only have to pay for one driver next season?

Nah, I'd hand over 5 cents for ya....

...I'd expect change though. :P

... and Webby made you take a look at yourself, slap yourself awake and start really racing.

Glad I got a mention!

Aww, and "bam!" straight back to Earth :P

I kid, sorry I missed Sunday night BTW, I didn't get home in time :(

Just finished watching the whole video, good stuff Lambo!

TBH I was more worried about the people behind me potentially causing an accident and losing me a lot of positions rather than someone putting a clean move on me - because I was reasonably confident that if the latter happened I could get the position back within a few laps. So in light of that I was actually more worried about Dazza than the rest of you because he was fresh out of GP2 and I didn't have the trust in him that I do in you experienced GP1ers.

As for who was most likely to take the position - I would have said Webby because I think he had the best race pace among you all... but out of those people that actually trailed me during the race well yeah probably you Ghost because you caught me a bit off guard and we were side by side at one point so that did make me push a bit more. Flouncy and Lambo on the other hand were following me for many laps and I kind of got to know how much space to give myself to keep them at bay. Having said that the only time I genuinely thought I had lost the position was when Flouncy unexpectedly dived up the inside on the grass into turn 4.

Yep - and Schmeve what was your plan if someone DID get by? Go get em and bunch us up again, I expect.

Right on the money Flounce, unless it was Tof :P

Hey guys i'm keen to come and join back for the new season is there any space? F1 2012 seem really promising.

Hey guys i'm keen to come and join back for the new season is there any space? F1 2012 seem really promising.

Almost certainly. New thread is probably going to go up soon so stay tuned.

Almost certainly. New thread is probably going to go up soon so stay tuned.

Ok cool. Thx