Flouncy

Atomic F1, season 5

Good to see you back in sora. To keep things fair in the team, you can drive my podium capable car from last season and I'll drive yours. Sound good? Ok done!

;)

Who wants to be my McLaren team mate?!

I will be your Mclaren teammate yay well hopefully, flouncy i choose Mclaren with my 10th draft pick

Who wants to be my McLaren team mate?!

I will be your Mclaren teammate yay well hopefully, flouncy i choose Mclaren with my 10th draft pick

Awesome, hope you're a podium finisher...

I like to just sit at the back of the pack and go for a leisurely cruise.

Renault re-sign Lambo for season 5

In a not so shocking development, current Atomic F1 champion Lambo has re-signed for Renault in a deal that is believed to be worth up to $8. The details of the contract largely remain a secret but it's believed that negotiations may have started as early as this morning. "It was a relatively easy decision for me." the season 4 champion said. "Atomic F1 is the pinnacle of pretend motor racing and to be involved with a team like Lotus-Renault is a virtual dream come true." Eric Boullier Lotus-Renault team principle echoed the same sentiments. "It was a simple decision to keep Lambo on for Season 5. Lambo in a Renault has been a signature feature of this competition since day one and we are thrilled that we can continue that relationship." Eric also went on to thank nobody for his work with the team. "While we thank Lambo we also have to acknowledge that nobody was also critical in the development of the T128. To work with somebody like nobody was a privilege and to have to say goodbye to nobody was extreamly hard. He'll leave a huge whole for somebody to fill, and we wish nobody alot of luck in his future endeavours." With nobody moving on, it leaves a seat vacant at Renault who will be looking to build on their third place finish in the constructors championship in season 4. Boullier was keen to keep his cards close to his chest when quizzed on who could possibly fill the second seat at Renault. "Obviously there has been alot of talk about who might join the team, and I can say we are in active discussions with a number of talented drivers."

I need a calendar so I can enter the season and start assigning drivers to teams, please

hmmm. not sure why manual is being enforced this season for the first time. What problems did it cause for seasons 1-4?

I'll see how I go between now and the start, but my preference is not to learn manual as well.

I need a calendar so I can enter the season and start assigning drivers to teams, please

Yeah, some smart guy suggested that in the previous thread.

Edited by Mac Dude

Tim added to McLaren and Lambo to Renault.

Macca it's because a. we should be driving manual because it's authentic and cool, and b. because auto cars have a clear advantage with fuel use.

I used the same races as season 4 and I need to double check the state only hols.

Possible Calendar

Mar 25 - Melbourne
Apr  1 - Malaysia
Apr  8 - NO RACE
Apr 15 - China
Apr 22 - Turkey
Apr 29 - Spain
May  6 - Monaco
May 13 - NO RACE
May 20 - Canada
May 27 - Europe???
Jun  3 - Britian
Jun 10 - NO RACE
Jun 17 - Germany
Jun 24 - Hungary
Jul  1 - Belgium
Jul  8 - Monza
Jul 15 - Japan
Jul 22 - Korea
Jul 29 - India
Aug  5 - Abu Dahbi
Aug 19 - Brazil
Edited by Mac Dude

Tim added to McLaren and Lambo to Renault.

Macca it's because a. we should be driving manual because it's authentic and cool, and b. because auto cars have a clear advantage with fuel use.

Is it much harder to drive manual? Not like you gotta use a clutch or H-Shifter, I've been playing GT5 using paddles and its been a breeze to pick up, I know the F1s are typically a bit harder because you really need to master it to get your revs right and stuff, but I'm a sure a little practice would help?

The authenticity and coolness are only apparent to the individual, not to each other - It makes no difference to what I see if you drive a manual or auto :)

As for autos having an advantage, from discussions last year my understanding was that autos had a disadvantage overall because of the slowness in changing and in lack of engine braking. Not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand.

It also brings up the question of view - will you be enforcing a 'cockpit view only'? T-bar view, IMO, is a real advantage where I see auto as a disadvantage so no reason to rule against.

NukeJockey: no clutch and no h-pattern. manual is bettererer.

yeah IMO t-bar cleary offers an advantage because you can pick your line much easier. That said, drivers in most every league I've seen on the web use t-bar view.

macdude, the calendar looks good as far as qld holidays go. The dates the races are on are viewable on teh site view scrolling through the races on the front page. though a single page calendar would be good.

Edited by kikz

I don't think there's an issue with allowing autos. But if the FIA states they're the rules, then so be it.

Could I propose a mid season break? Like just 1 week off. Or maybe 2+ breaks over the season. Personally I'd find it easier if we didn't have to race every single Sunday between start and August.

If not, that's ok.

@kikz - Check your PMs

There's no way to force players into a view in the game - so it's anything goes.

Auto gearboxes uses less fuel so you can run standard/rich longer. Perhaps negated to a degree by the lack of precise control, yes. I'd be more interested in why you think we should allow auto - or would be if there was a chance that would change, which it's not, so really just learn manual. It's not hard.

I don't think there's an issue with allowing autos. But if the FIA states they're the rules, then so be it.

Could I propose a mid season break? Like just 1 week off. Or maybe 2+ breaks over the season. Personally I'd find it easier if we didn't have to race every single Sunday between start and August.

If not, that's ok.

@kikz - Check your PMs

Yeah a break sounds good.

macdude, the calendar looks good as far as qld holidays go. The dates the races are on are viewable on teh site view scrolling through the races on the front page. though a single page calendar would be good.

I checked for Vic & NSW and they look ok as well. I'm not seeing where you have the calendar, must be my glasses :)

Oh, and the logic I used for the calendar was to not race on long weekends and one controvertial decision which will probably be overturned - I excluded Mother's Day :)

Auto gearboxes uses less fuel so you can run standard/rich longer. Perhaps negated to a degree by the lack of precise control, yes. I'd be more interested in why you think we should allow auto - or would be if there was a chance that would change, which it's not, so really just learn manual. It's not hard.

As to why I think auto should be allowed, it provides no overall advantage, but it makes it easier for people who are still learning the game. This is consistent when you look at who uses auto, only a few in the bottom of the table. If it doesn't impact on the results and it improves the enjoyment for some drivers I don't see a reason to rule against it.

If not, that's ok.

There are breaks in the calendar(now shown in the calendar above), but if we need more we can put more in.

Edited by Mac Dude

I checked for Vic & NSW and they look ok as well. I'm not seeing where you have the calendar, must be my glasses :)

Oh, and the logic I used for the calendar was to not race on long weekends and one controvertial decision which will probably be overturned - I excluded Mother's Day :)

As to why I think auto should be allowed, it provides no overall advantage, but it makes it easier for people who are still learning the game. This is consistent when you look at who uses auto, only a few in the bottom of the table. If it doesn't impact on the results and it improves the enjoyment for some drivers I don't see a reason to rule against it.

If not, that's ok.

There are breaks in the calendar, but if we need more we can put more in.

It does affect the results, quite significantly at all levels, but especially at the pointy end of the driver grid. It's a major factor.

Season 4 is over so it's not displayed. Season 5 hasn't been agreed on or entered, so it's not displayed either...

It does affect the results, quite significantly at all levels, but especially at the pointy end of the driver grid. It's a major factor.

Really? Since it's only fredz and myself that use it(as far as I know) I fail to see the connection to results and the pointy end of the grid, unless you're talking about an inverse relationship :P

For the record, here is the indepth Season 4 discussion on the same topic.

Anyway, it's your call dude...

EDIT : Oh, and you can count me in though I haven't chosen a car.

Edited by Mac Dude

Cool Macca -- added you.

Modz drives auto, and he's (while also being a great driver) benefiting from the auto box. And more to the point - so could anyone, so this is cutting off an advantage and evening things up.

dont worry about it im happy at mclaren

Edited by timf25

Cool Macca -- added you.

Modz drives auto, and he's (while also being a great driver) benefiting from the auto box. And more to the point - so could anyone, so this is cutting off an advantage and evening things up.

im going to be using the wheel & manual all the time this season.

also Flouncy, lambo asked me to join him at Renault and i have accepted the offer. :) if u could please move me to that team it would be great, sorry for the shuffle again. XD

Edited by Modz

MEGA! Love the Renault lineup. The bookies are doing backflips. Confused, unsure backflips. What a season it's gonna be.

We have 14 signups so far - TWO SPOTS LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MEGA! Love the Renault lineup. The bookies are doing backflips. Confused, unsure backflips. What a season it's gonna be.

I am super super super excited to join Renault with Lambo, i know once i strangle the Momo wheel into submission Lambos skills and knowledge is going really help me mold my own. Renault is actually my favorite team, being 1 of the first big teams that Senna joined in F1 and made a name for himself. so i hope to achieve the same. just maybe with less of senna's aggressive behavior haha.

Should add - that's 2 spots left - but we are still waiting for a couple of past-season drivers to confirm, and they have right of way, so it may be that a rookie or two gets bumped if it's overflowing - sorry, we'll try and please all.

Yeah, and i should be down as a 'backup' driver for whatever team i'm on...

Sadly, due to my fly-in, fly-out work life, i can't guarantee i can be at every race. Every race i'm in perth for though, I'll do absolutely every race i can.