Flouncy

Atomic F1, season 5

Thanks for the mention lambo, was very nice :-)

And don't worry about Renault. I'll still probably ask you questions any way :-P

sooooo nukey

couldnt wait for me to get my ass into gear and down to vic with some steel aye ,lol

so iv been playing in the garage on the weekends finally geting around with the seat mount and the linear actuator's ....

1 out of 2 is fooked so looks like its just foward and back for now .

i used a old laptop PSU to power it and some rails/slides from a drawer and reinforced them a bit ,it seems to be fine able to move me (85ish kg) with ease.

i plan to mod the controller and make a switch panel style thingo yaknow.

Oh and its on lockable castors.

Posted Image

and got a leather boot to cover the uglyness of the handbrake

before

Posted Image

after

Posted Image

And yes flouncy those dice in the background will find their way in somewhere

Edited by st8smn

Nice one St8smn :)

My favorite bit is the hang ten foot rest, sweet as.

St8smn, what do the actuators do? I'm trying to think and all I can come up with is seat position. Is that it?

yeah mate thats it ....for now

the other actuator was to raise/lower while being hinged at the front , so i'll need to mod it again to suit just the 1

With some of the new rules the FIA has changed this season...[sniparoo]

There's only one rule change, that's the auto box.

You big drama queen.

the other actuator was to raise/lower while being hinged at the front , so i'll need to mod it again to suit just the 1

Lookin good dude and yeah, I couldn't wait. Don't have the talent to build one so I bought one :P

Did you post cockpit pics somewhere Nuke? Sorry if I missed that - can you point me to where I can check it out?

Yeah man - looks sweet eh :} So the dealio is that there will be additional wheels that you can get that just clip onto the new CSR FF 'base'. Right now that link shows the first, the CSR wheel, but as sexeh as it is I don't like the button positions and there aren't enough anyway, IMO. I'm also extremely happy with the GT2 for the forseeable future, they put out a new driver a couple of weeks ago that make it feel even betterer.

There's a touring car wheel coming, but also an F1 wheel - and that's the one I'm waiting for. Hot hot hot.

So basically that new base has, from all reports and reviews, bloody excellent force feedback, the best, so for sure I'll get it at some point. Waiting is also good *just in case* the first iteration of those new bases has probs that are fixed in later batches. It's happened before with Fanatec, though now I think they've grown big enough and have their shit together to be pretty reliable.

Auto is slower, but :-P

Might be getting a wheel today. Dad told me to check when Hardly Normal and Dick Smith are open this weekend

Yeah man - looks sweet eh :} So the dealio is that there will be additional wheels that you can get that just clip onto the new CSR FF 'base'. Right now that link shows the first, the CSR wheel, but as sexeh as it is I don't like the button positions and there aren't enough anyway, IMO. I'm also extremely happy with the GT2 for the forseeable future, they put out a new driver a couple of weeks ago that make it feel even betterer.

There's a touring car wheel coming, but also an F1 wheel - and that's the one I'm waiting for. Hot hot hot.

So basically that new base has, from all reports and reviews, bloody excellent force feedback, the best, so for sure I'll get it at some point. Waiting is also good *just in case* the first iteration of those new bases has probs that are fixed in later batches. It's happened before with Fanatec, though now I think they've grown big enough and have their shit together to be pretty reliable.

Well, I'm happy with the el-cheapo Logitech PS2 wheel I've got but I've got my eyes on this one though: http://www.pagnianimports.com.au/racing-wh...el-package.html

Might have to move out and get this wheel ASAP :P

Well, I'm happy with the el-cheapo Logitech PS2 wheel I've got but I've got my eyes on this one though: http://www.pagnianimports.com.au/racing-wh...el-package.html

Might have to move out and get this wheel ASAP :P

DOOOOO IIITTTTT!!!!!!

Might be getting a wheel today. Dad told me to check when Hardly Normal and Dick Smith are open this weekend

Even tho auto is slower around corner, the fact u can run standard & rich almost 3-4x longer makes u equal to the average timed manual driver. plus, on some tracks if you get the gear ratio setup right the auto does a great job and its all down to throttle control around corners. id say its not faster than manual but noticing how many of you change gears well into peak rpm, that's where your extra fuel gets eaten. i think once u master gearing at the right rpm between the red/purple shift lights it wont be such a problem. if your running out of fuel having hardly touched rich and being forced to run lean just to make it to the end of the race then its ur shifting that needs attention.

That's a good point that I overlooked. Seems both have +/-

Makes much more sense now to have 1 gearbox style

Even tho auto is slower around corner, the fact u can run standard & rich almost 3-4x longer makes u equal to the average timed manual driver. plus, on some tracks if you get the gear ratio setup right the auto does a great job and its all down to throttle control around corners. id say its not faster than manual but noticing how many of you change gears well into peak rpm, that's where your extra fuel gets eaten. i think once u master gearing at the right rpm between the red/purple shift lights it wont be such a problem. if your running out of fuel having hardly touched rich and being forced to run lean just to make it to the end of the race then its ur shifting that needs attention.

That's a factor, for sure. But another biggie is how we manual drivers use gear braking, slamming down the box with max revs every step. I think that adds up too, cos auto doesn't do that anywhere near as agressively as most of us probably do with manual.

It's sexier, too. Like fully heaps.

Screaming up to the corner, past the 50... WHAM WHAM WHAM WHAM WHAM. And blaze forth through the apex and onto glory.

Did you post cockpit pics somewhere Nuke? Sorry if I missed that - can you point me to where I can check it out?

Posted Image

Also got this on preorder.

yeh someone posted that a week or two ago. Damn the CSR Elite wheel isn't cheap though. Will prob get one when my G27 dies.

Darn bridges are being put up so wasn't able to get fully around.. Apparently if I was there yesterday.. Lol

Videos up later of what I did get :)

Lookin good dude and yeah, I couldn't wait. Don't have the talent to build one so I bought one :P

haha cool as , if you want any mods done i'll keep ya in the loop regarding my trip .

I just got enough 25mmx25mm box section steel to build another sim. Thinking i might go pro and do a proper job all professional like n stuff ... and then sell it ,possibly with a wheel and pedals

if i can find enough people interested i might make a weekend job out of it , i can see the adverts now 'Custom racing simulator cockpits by St8smn' lol

I'll probably do a thread on the basics of building a cockpit soon.