Flouncy

Atomic F1, season 5

I know it's been said before, but how many of you would be available for a test race before the season commences? It'd be great to sort out everything before it matters

Unfortunately, I'm on cable which is a different kettle of fish compared to the ADSL racers. :S

Plus, Optus has reported to us that the cable network has some stability issues so I'll need to get the parents to yell at them to get their crap together.

The Atomic F1 net speed championship table:

mac dude 2.42

tim 1.72

Flounce 1.5

Et Rom 1.14

Modz .90

lambo .87

kikz .86

boba .84

sora .49

jasegp .33

nobody .32

ghost .32

Ask Lambo Part #3

All your burning questions answered by our resident stats expert.

Q: What's the most number of different circuits a driver has won at over their career?

A: An interesting question that logically comes down to 3 drivers Flouncy, Ghost, and Lambo. Of his 22 race victories Flouncy has recorded wins at 13 different circuits. Lambo on the other hand from his 23 victories has won at 15 different circuits, and finally Ghost with 16 wins has taken those from 11 different circuits.

Q: At the British GP in Season 4, the winning margin was only 1.3 seconds. Is this the smallest winning margin?

A: Lambo's win at Silverstone over bobaj0r was by only 1.3 seconds yes, however it's only the 4th smallest margin of victory in the history of Atomic F1.

The top 5 closest finishes are:

Season 2 - Korean GP - 0.3 second gap - Ghost winning from Lambo

Season 1 - Melbourne GP - 0.8 second gap - Flouncy winning from Lambo

Season 2 - Melbourne GP - 1.3 second gap - Ghost winning from Flouncy

Season 4 - British GP - 1.3 second gap - Lambo winning from bobaj0r

Season 2 - European GP - 1.6 second gap - Lambo winning from Flouncy

Q: Has there ever been a driver that has won a race, but never had a pole position?

To this date, the answer is no. Of the 6 drivers that have recorded a race win, all of them have had a pole position at some stage in their careers. However if we were to expand this question to drivers who have won a race but never from pole then the answer would be just one. Current Red Bull Racing driver Kikz has won 3 grand prix races but none of those wins came from pole. The Spanish GP in season 1 was won from 5th on the grid, the Hungarian GP 4th on the grid in the same season and his last win in Turkey in season 3 coming from 2nd on the grid.

Q: Which driver has the best pole to win ratio?

A: Of the 6 drivers that have won races, bobaj0r leads the field of percentage of wins from pole with %77 of his wins coming from the front. In second is Flouncy with %54, third is Lambo with %44 with Eradicator in fourth with %33 and fifth is Ghost with %31. Kikz holds the dubious honour of having not won any of his races from pole, and thus is last with %0.

Edited by Lambo

Ask Lambo Part #3

All your burning questions answered by our resident stats expert.

Q: What's the most number of different circuits a driver has won at over their career?

A: An interesting question that logically comes down to 3 drivers Flouncy, Ghost, and Lambo. Of his 22 race victories Flouncy has recorded wins at 13 different circuits. Lambo on the other hand from his 23 victories has won at 15 different circuits, and finally Ghost with 16 wins has taken those from 11 different circuits.

Q: At the British GP in Season 4, the winning margin was only 1.3 seconds. Is this the smallest winning margin?

A: Lambo's win at Silverstone over bobaj0r was by only 1.3 seconds yes, however it's only the 4th smallest margin of victory in the history of Atomic F1.

The top 5 closest finishes are:

Season 2 - Korean GP - 0.3 second gap - Ghost winning from Lambo

Season 1 - Melbourne GP - 0.8 second gap - Flouncy winning from Lambo

Season 2 - Melbourne GP - 1.3 second gap - Ghost winning from Flouncy

Season 4 - British GP - 1.3 second gap - Lambo winning from bobaj0r

Season 2 - European GP - 1.6 second gap - Lambo winning from Flouncy

Q: Has there ever been a driver that has won a race, but never had a pole position?

To this date, the answer is no. Of the 6 drivers that have recorded a race win, all of them have had a pole position at some stage in their careers. However if we were to expand this question to drivers who have won a race but never from pole then the answer would be just one. Current Red Bull Racing driver Kikz has won 3 grand prix races but none of those wins came from pole. The Spanish GP in season 1 was won from 5th on the grid, the Hungarian GP 4th on the grid in the same season and his last win in Turkey in season 3 coming from 2nd on the grid.

Q: Which driver has the best pole to win ratio?

A: Of the 6 drivers that have won races, bobaj0r leads the field of percentage of wins from pole with %77 of his wins coming from the front. In second is Flouncy with %54, third is Lambo with %44 with Eradicator in fourth with %33 and fifth is Ghost with %31. Kikz holds the dubious honour of having not won any of his races from pole, and thus is last with %0.

Cool! Can we call kikz Mr Zero Percent now? Can I can I can I?

Do biggest winning margins next!

Biggest winning margins, ok will do that next. Tho I suspect you know the answer to that one...

I would like to race, my preference is a for a Torro Rosso. I have many hours racing with assists on but a beginner with them off. I am eager to learn.

I've never won from pole coz cunts keep taking me out :p

Dinner and a show?

Dinner and a show?

He puts out on 1st date

best results i have ever seen on my lil vodafone dongle @ 5 ish this morn

Posted Image

But its sooo inconsistent d/l speed spikes, up/l speed spikes badly ...

I would like to race, my preference is a for a Torro Rosso. I have many hours racing with assists on but a beginner with them off. I am eager to learn.

Hey Steve and welcome to all this. I'll put you down as In but with no team and indicate that you prefer Torro Rosso. For that you need to have JaseGP agree to have you in the Torro team.

You ok with the long term commitment to this? We're right on the limit for number of racers so we're pretty much at the stage where we lock in permanent drivers and then make a kinda reserve list for the others who reckon they're not always in.

best results i have ever seen on my lil vodafone dongle @ 5 ish this morn

Posted Image

But its sooo inconsistent d/l speed spikes, up/l speed spikes badly ...

You using a pre-paid dongle? If so it'd be easy enough to go to Telstra. Get a Encore pre-paid, that's 4G if there's coverage in your area, or regular 3G otherwise.

Edited by Flouncy

The Atomic F1 net speed championship table:

mac dude 2.42

tim 1.72

Flounce 1.5

Et Rom 1.14

Modz .90

lambo .87

kikz .86

boba .84

sora .49

jasegp .33

nobody .32

ghost .32

So season 5 is wrapped up, with mac dude storming to the front and taking out the championship

Congratulations macca

:-P

We now have 18 drivers - including st8sman (if he gets his connection better).

So we're over-subscribed. And that's fantastic. I've added a note to the top of the OP to that effect. But we still want to take EOIs.

A week before the race I'll post who is in for the season, and that'll be based on who was in first (with last season drivers getting a priority).

Caelum has indicated he'll only be in occasional races, so I'll bear that in mind, and we do want a reserve list because there's a reasonable chance those guys will get a go.

How we manage the reserve list is tough, because it's not fair to ask people to practice and then not have a go because the grid is full. All I can suggest is if you don't reckon you'll be in every race say so now, cos it's not fair to hold a spot for you if there's someone not getting a go who wants to be in them all.

If it looks like someone is not willing or able to be fully into it after the season is underway I may have to ask if they want to consider making themselves a reserve instead. Though it's far better to sort all this before the season starts.

Can you change me to reserve? I don't think I will be able to make every race, especially because I need to drag my PC out to my cockpit every time I want to play -.-

Dun, Nuke.

Don't all get crazy guys and say you're a reserve if you fully intend to race but fear some unforeseen circumstances may prevent it. Cos that's just life. We don't want an entire grid of reserve racers :}

Actually Nuke, I'm not gonna make you a reserve if the only obstacle to you is setting up your gear. That's not a real reason. And you'll fall in love with it from the first race anyway :}

People will only be a reserve if they really think they may be away from home on Sundays a lot, or if they think their patterns from previous seasons may repeat themselves.