jdog

Project: GIGABENCH

Delta fans hurt :-P

I had a 120mm one that had 2amp draw, it was super thick and sooo loud

I've got some finger slicers,

Nidec Beta-V. server fans, 120mm, 40 watt, 220CFM

ooh..would you let them go??..:D

I figured that..:P guess I better be careful then.

I had a 120mm one that had 2amp draw, it was super thick and sooo loud

1 of the fans im getting (the other 2 I mentioned have been offered but no concrete reply yet if I can get them or not..:( ) is a 184cfm koolance one which are loud as anything and move a heap of air..the one thing I do worry about if when I redo the side panels (in order to fit the 120mm fans..some will be on the case whilst others for benching when I finally go cold) if the pressure of the fans would crack the sides?

this is the koolance one im getting..its nuts when you read the specs..I think I will need a fan controller..

http://koolance.com/fan-120x38mm-184cfm

Edited by jdog

I've got 3-4 of them, how many might you be interested in??

just 2 depending if the price is fair? (take this to PM maybe)

So A small update.

PSU will hopefully arrive this week Then I can start testing some gear and set this up.

Modding of the case will start once I know everything in the case works 100%. Mods to be done include: re cutting side panels to fit 120mm fans, adding multi colour LED strips to bottom and sides, small but cool mod for the front of the case. adding a fan/temp controller to control the fans..plus more to be decided.. suggestions?

Would love to find a gigabyte p45-Extreme board though since I only have 1 DDR2 motherboard. If I can find this board it will tie in nicely with the theme of the build.

Bigger update with pictures will be done once the PSU arrives this week when I test fit everything.

Edited by jdog

Update:

PSU should be here thursday! :D

Also have a NHD14 on the way for cooling as well as will be getting a pair of fans off morgorth for extra cooling.

once the PSU arrives I will test fit the DFI board,NHD14,OCZ rams(thanks tunsky!) and my E8500 and install super PI XP (lab501 version) to see how everything goes... then the modding can start..

I hope you realise how loud server fans are.

Think of a CD rom going full out, then times that noise by three, maybe 4 if you have a quiet drive :P

Dont think you'll sleep in the room if you're testing something, or even have them on. There is a reason servers have their own room.

I hope you realise how loud server fans are.

Think of a CD rom going full out, then times that noise by three, maybe 4 if you have a quiet drive :P

Dont think you'll sleep in the room if you're testing something, or even have them on. There is a reason servers have their own room.

im not sure what I will do with all the little fans(I have 20x60mm server fans)..maybe use about 5-6 and then the others will be used for something or just spares..

Ideally I want high flow fans that are not that loud but blow a heap of air..if anyone local has got something let me know..:D

@noscatJ: Yes mods are coming..awesome mods..:D anyone know a shop that sells LED lights in a range of colours?..

@noscatJ: Yes mods are coming..awesome mods..:D anyone know a shop that sells LED lights in a range of colours?..

You've probably never heard of it, but ebay.com.au has a heap ;) probably $10

Get some paracord on Ebay and sleeve your PSU. also $10

Edited by noskcaj

You've probably never heard of it, but ebay.com.au has a heap ;) probably $10

Get some paracord on Ebay and sleeve your PSU. also $10

I know of ebay but prefer not to use it if I can. Just prefer forums tbh.

Corsair sells the cables in different colours but it is a fair bit.

Nice idea on sleeving the power supply..will looking into it..would go very nicely..:D

time to jump on ebay then and see what they have...for reference.

It terms of sleeving as the PSU is modular cables (part of why I picked it) I want to mod the cables (get an entire new set of cables) in the "OC orange colour" similar to this build" Tainted Freshly Squeezed" and the colour of cables as seen here:

Posted Image

and this is the build log which I am inspired for some of the mods on the case:

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=223143

for just one set..I want to have a set 4 different colours depending on the board in the case. these colours been "OC orange", "G1 Green", "Classic G" and "Black Beauty"

that is a hint for where the build is going.. ;)

if you have ever seen this case in the flesh you will notice one striking feature..that feature is about to get updated..:D

Edited by jdog

Just make sure you get the right tools to start. i've wasted too much money on bad sleeving tools, i'm getting a lutro0 kit soon

Some update!

Got one these for the project and it should show up in the next few days..:D (it is in the mail as we speak!)

Posted Image

Also I should have a p45-UD3P 1.1 here soon as well to test out some chips for 775 lovin! (the DFI is good but the giga fits the theme and it easier to work with the DFI is for once I get the hang of the chips for super PI etc)

then the modding can start! :D

Edited by jdog

Update: So the PSU as arrived, now to reclean and reassemble the case test fit the TRUE,E8500,TR2S+ and Flex and see how it runs. my NHD14 still has not shown up..:(

Edited by jdog

Finished yet ??

we have all been waiting over a year for you to get a PSU:)

Edited by st8smn

Finished yet ??

we have all been waiting over a year for you to get a PSU:)

Not yet,pretty much now ive started the fun bit..:D

I have been focusing on uni work and that has taken up most of my time.

uni/life has taken up my time.

Now that is has shown up I can start the fun part, testing everything and starting mods. Because it has taken so long this is why it is atomic exclusive plus I did say from the start it would be a long project.

Just bear with me guys, you will love it when it is finished..:D

A tip from me and every "how-to write project log": MOAR Pictures

A tip from me and every "how-to write project log": MOAR Pictures

You want pictures?

Sure thing!

Also this is kinda test ground because I have never done a project log on a anything like this before..

Will take a few and upload them here.

So who wants pictures? :D

I test fitted the PSU in the case to make sure it fits and doesnt clash with the drive bay.

A little bit of tease..

Posted Image

here is a side shot:

Posted Image

I like the look of this alot so I think I will keep the look but double it both sides but with a bit of acrylic over the AX1200 to make a window. (and yes I know that is meant to be a drive bay so that is why im going to repeat the "silver window" look on the other side and move the PSU there. DVD drive is maybe im not sure yet..might put a fan controller in there instead..:P

Next I wanted to see if the PSU would hit anything from the top:

Posted Image

So far all clear so all good!

Next lets see when I put the top Motherboard tray on.Will it fit?

Yes!

Posted Image

And lastly a nice side shot showing clearance of the motherboard tray.

Posted Image

Thats if for now as I will be away for a couple of weeks so wont be able to do much.

When I get back I will return and clean it up and install the DFI board etc to see if the lights work!

thats all for the update folks!

Also to make it easier to follow I will now link the individual update posts in the OP so you just now need to click there to find the latest development.

Edited by jdog

so after 15 months, you've installed a psu? anything else?

Have a board,cpu,ram etc ready to go just need to clean it.

the reason why it has taken so long is due to the fact I have been focusing with uni work.

I said from the start this would take a while and would be a long build log.

Bear with my guys. this is my first build log and all.

So want some good News?

Project is pretty much done! :D (mods are not done)

Pictures up tommrow! :D

I apologise for the longness of this thread...uni ramped up heaps.

Frosty cold shots will come in the future.. :D

Edited by jdog