Sign in to follow this  
Bundy

New Baldur's Gate

http://baldursgate.com/

Woke up to some new that this site has sprung up just recently, if you goto that site and view source you see some tags

"<!-- February 29, 2012 -->

<!-- Shadowy Figure- Raise Dead : Infinity Engine -->"

etc.

Hope this is a legit sign that there will be a remake or another addition to the series.. Especially now bioWare are done with Mass Effect for now I was wondering what their new project would be..

Sweet Titty Fucking Christ Yes!

Could not have said it better myself.

However I fear we have seen the best of adventures from fair Faerun, the like of which we shan't see again.

sounds like that is not related to this mod and will probably be less interesting but who knows

as for the bg-nwn2 mod

they were doing a closed beta test of the mod a month or so ago so its getting very close to finished

they have remade all the bg maps on the nwn2 engine brought over all the music voice text but the levelling system is now nwn2 so the games balance may need some tweaks

this mod has been in the works for many years now

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/167/index/3120312/26

Domain registrant is using a proxy service. Probably not legit.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo

Fortunately Baldurs Gate 1 & 2 are so brilliant you can replay this into Oblivion.

Woah! It's only a matter of hours, too. I was expecting it be in days at least.

Excellent! BG was fucking amazing. NWN completely ruined the awesomeness of bioware games when it came out. I really didn't like that game... not exactly sure why either.

-X

Sounds like it's an HD remake of the original.

http://www.baldursgate.com/news/2012/03/15...hanced-edition/

Announcing Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition™

March 15, 2012

Atari, Wizards of the Coast, and Overhaul Games are pleased to announce work has begun on the Enhanced Edition of Baldur’s Gate and Baldur’s Gate II.

Since its initial release in 1998, Baldur’s Gate has entertained millions of fans around the globe, and has received countless awards. This classic saga of mystery, intrigue, and adventure has set the standard for Dungeons & Dragons® computer roleplaying games ever since.

Re-forged by Overhaul Games

Overhaul Games has assembled a talented team of artists, programmers and designers to enhance this timeless classic. To remain true to the spirit of the game, the team includes original Baldur’s Gate developers.

Relive the most epic story ever told

Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition™ and Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition™ will feature a re-forged version of the Infinity Engine with a variety of modern improvements.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/15/baldurs-...es-this-summer/

Nope, we still don't really know what this Baldur's Gate announcement business is, but we sure do know it's name now: "Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition." Huzzah! As previously reported, Beamdog is working on the Baldur's Gate project, though the developer's Overhaul Games division is taking lead. Atari is handling publishing duties, and Wizards of the Coast is licensing its (D&D-based) IP.

From the few details we have, the project sounds an awful lot like an HD remake to us – especially given the fancier logo and "Enhanced Edition" subtitle. We've reached out to Beamdog for clarity on what the game actually is, and what platforms it'll end up on (among other things). For now, know that Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition will land on whatever those platforms are at some point this summer. We're gonna take a wild guess that it'll be on PC at the very least.

Update: Beamdog reps tell us that the team at Overhaul is adding "new, original content" to the original game to make up the Enhanced Edition. "This is the Enhanced Edition, it's not a repackage. We have the original source code and are doing a significant update." He also confirms that no platforms have been announced just yet.

Update 2: A Beamdog rep also confirms that the company is self-publishing. Though he wouldn't go into detail regarding the new content, he says that "it's being lovingly crafted in the spirit of the original with the help of some of the original developers." Additionally, Cameron Tofer and Trent Oster have been working on the project ("planning and organizing") for "over a year now." We'll also hear more soon, as the team is planning "regular announcements every week with more details."

Posted Image

So. There you go.

Fuck yes.

While this is probably my most anticipated release, I cant help but hope theres a possibility of a Baldurs Gate 3 on the horizon

I dont like my chances though

I really like this, I tried to get back into Baldurs gate the other day, but couldn't get it running right.

I dont wander into the gaming section much, but glad I did today.

I have just two words for this thread.

FUCK.

YES.

im not getting to excited till i see the approach they take and how it looks

I really like this, I tried to get back into Baldurs gate the other day, but couldn't get it running right.

GOG.com has a Win7-compatible version if you want to play it again. (ie: they've figured out a working mix of config files and dosbox)

can someone say IPAD version

dont have an ipad but the game would be perfect for a handheld although on the chunky side for storage size

iPad/tablet version would be awesome.

I do wonder, because "enhanced edition" sounds suspiciously like the typical language of talking up reasons for old players to take it up on a new platform.