Opy

[PC]Mechwarrior Online

This looks fun, I will surely give it a go when it comes out. To be honest, I haven't played a mechwarrior game since 'mechwarrior 2: mercenaries' and that was a long time ago, actually it was 16 yrs... geez. From the gameplay trailer, doesn't seem much has changed AT ALL in that time, except the graphics. Good to see some of the same names and designs from then still kicking around (mentioned above).

Last mech game I tried was Chromehounds which really put me off for a while.

Edited by p0is0n

Rumours going around in World of Tanks say MWO will be released in June. A bit of research and it looks like they may be referring to the open Beta.

Not sure if I want to play in Beta again. Did that in WoT and found the release version was a tiny smidgeon of a let down compared to Beta.

Anyway, June, perhaps August open Beta should be available. If rumours are vaguely true.

That ingame footage does look cool. I wonder how destructible the terrain is going to be.

Why would it be over $600?

There is no mention of it being a touchscreen.

It looks like it's a joystick/throttle with some added keys and just a screen.

The Saitek Joystick/throttle when I got mine many years ago was $200. Thrustmaster have one for $120

And if it is just a screen, then LCD panels are cheap these days.

I'd say it'd be around the $250 price point, maybe $300

Hopefully, you're right.

I'm still keen on the Thrustmaster Warthog set, but I rarely play flightsims now and it's $550 ($650 at JB HiFi, ouch) so hard to justify.

Oh, the keypad is planned to be mechanical. That'll boost the price a bit too. Not sure if the Force Feedback function costs a lot.

Thanks. So it looks like tomorrow night is when the founders packages are available for us. Cool stuff.

yeah totally, cant wait, then we need setup a clan merc company i spose once the games up, then let the ass kicking begin :p

Oh happy dayyays. Just got my closed beta approval this A.M. and spent the time since rigging my initial mechs.

Unfortunatley not likely to play till Wed. That is O.K. though since that will get me the pre-order downloaded with the included extra game cash to buy other mechs I can cannablize for prime parts.

As with RPG's I'm happy to spend hours/days on character/mech builds.

I think this will be seriously cutting into my Secret World closed beta time. Oh for longer days, no sleep needed and independent wealth to not require working. ;{)

Now if I can just get my old PS dual joystick controler rewired for PC. Humm, L-stick torso twist and R for legs, a trigger and 3 buttons on each with a thumb D-pad on the R as well. With the 4 main buttons on the board and linking weapon groups that will cover most orders leaving just a couple on the comp keyboard to use. Also a handy swith to chose between analogue or digital control.

Edited by Elfarch

Tanks, phff. I crush puny tanks underfoot. Well I would if I could find any of the little varments. ;{)

Managed to get one (sob) round in today and even managed to survive on the winning side. Kinda redundent that as all the other team went byebye. Nice chunk of change awarded to start bying upgrades.

Was nice to manage not to time out of bounds when I fell off a cliff. (ask my mates, you find me an edge in any game that lets you fall off and that's where I'll be)

I WANTS ME SOME JUMP JETS in my modded hunchy.

Stupid rules. ;{D

Edited by Elfarch

lol i hope the Hunch is good, was planning on it being my founders mech ..

on another note, what are we, as Atomic, going to do in regards to factions?

also, *cough* NDA *cough* , though with my pc specs, im pretty sure it will keep me excluded form getten a beta ....

Elfarch.

Mate just wondering if the economy is like WoT?

I only ask because I'm looking at getting a founders pack but need to know what $80 in game money will get me.

Not Saying Anything that would come under the NDA, no way would I want to get the boot. :{) Just general game situations and general stuff that is already known.

I haven't checked to see what the RL $ conversion is. Will do later today for you.

There are a few variants of each mech available that you can then fiddle with to some extent by stripping others you own or using parts you buy. Cash is bought withRL$ or awarded after battles as per WOT's. More varients and better tech will become available in the live game as time progresses.

As you would expect in beta specs and rules are being tweeked all the time.

Interestingly my graphics card - Geforce 9300M is not suppported by the game and I've been warned to expect oddness. ;{D

So far responces aren't unbearable but for a while after I start a round the interior of my cockpit is pretty much just a blob until it gradually clears up.

Luckily I just got another lappy with better specs and will have transferred to it by the end of the weekend.

Mohawk. there was some discussion on that, Russ said that currently it would buy ariound 8-10 medium mechs, more lights, and plainly, less heavys and assults, but that was obviuosly subject to change as they balance, but said that should be fairly close.

Legendary.

I was signing up just now, but I can't remember what CPU I'm running at home, so it will have to wait. It's probably on these forums somewhere.

Mohawk. there was some discussion on that, Russ said that currently it would buy ariound 8-10 medium mechs, more lights, and plainly, less heavys and assults, but that was obviuosly subject to change as they balance, but said that should be fairly close.

Cheers for that mate.

What I'm really after is more along the lines of say, how much does premium account cost each month etc.

Cheers for that mate.

What I'm really after is more along the lines of say, how much does premium account cost each month etc.

From Russ Bullock on the forums

People saying this just arent realizing the value of the mechs. If you buy legendary you will have 4 prime variant mechs which means you already have the start on all 4 mech trees they are a part of.

The lifetime C-Bill booster on all 4 mechs means when your grinding C-Bills you will never not have a mech out of combat you can jump in with.

In short the values are like this

$10 a month on premium accounts and around 15$ value at least on the Founders Mech's which is 170$ value for the 120$

Hope this helps.