Opy

[PC]Mechwarrior Online

Mohawk. there was some discussion on that, Russ said that currently it would buy ariound 8-10 medium mechs, more lights, and plainly, less heavys and assults, but that was obviuosly subject to change as they balance, but said that should be fairly close.

Cheers for that mate.

What I'm really after is more along the lines of say, how much does premium account cost each month etc.

From Russ Bullock on the forums

People saying this just arent realizing the value of the mechs. If you buy legendary you will have 4 prime variant mechs which means you already have the start on all 4 mech trees they are a part of.

The lifetime C-Bill booster on all 4 mechs means when your grinding C-Bills you will never not have a mech out of combat you can jump in with.

In short the values are like this

$10 a month on premium accounts and around 15$ value at least on the Founders Mech's which is 170$ value for the 120$

Hope this helps.

Cheers mate. Even better.

from what ive been reading , im really liking there no pay to win gaming (stabs a sharp stick at wot) , no golden gun ammo, or souped up mechs.

i tell ya, if it was $600, i wouldn't even think of buying, far better HOTAS systems out there, and it would want to be modualr, and it would have to be touch screen, othwerwise it would be so ogverpriced Vs features, it wouldn't be worth considering

I kind of pulled that price tag out of my arse. Whatever the price ends up being, it will be an arse tonne of cash for 1 specific game.

Watching those vids shows that it is a concept and they are taking on board ideas.

I am not sure it should be touch screen. Could be useful, but I imagine it would add a lot to the price. I am more concerned about other programs making use of it like the Logitech LCD keyboards. The ability to turn it off for power saving would be good for a lot of people (when playing something else). I use AIDA64 to monitor temps on my G-19. Imagine what you could throw onto a screen that size, sweeeeeet.

touch screens aint that dear, also, being a razor product, it should be supirour to logitech (they have dropped badly in recent years) and should have support for other games developed fair quickly.

and compared to the Hawken controller, its far superior. now thats a good card for a single use controller, that a lot of people will buy, but never fully utilise cause a mojority of people wont have the coordination and reflex's to use duel sticks properly (and im one of that large %)

Really keen to get in the action... Thinking a stick (or two...) could be the way to go about it.

Do we have a MWO Merc corps for atomic formed?

not yet, no options for that yet, think we need wait for it to go live.

as for the stick, just stay away from logi, at least their 2 main flight sticks, unless ur up for some modding, i had the 3dpro, nice stick... cheap assed crappy nasty pots, z axis is fucked, try flying with constant left rudder :P

I will prolly start with the mouse/kb sicne im currently worken on a new pc, then look at either the thrustmaster 16000 or a full hotas .. not sure yet :P

Yeah, will see how much time i actually get to spend on the game too... Have founderised myself, but working away as much as i do... who knows.

You cant HOTAS setup for Mechwarrior Online right?

I don't see why not.

Program buttons for ;

Push to talk

Weapon banks

Build in comms commands (target designation, return to base, etc)

Shutdown, shut down override and startup.

Program coolie hats for allocating weapons to weapon banks.

My Warthog setup doesn't have rudder control, so I'm probaly better off with my MSSWFFB2 for the game.

Then again, being an online game, where a competative edge is close enough to essential, mouse and keyboard may end up being the better choice.

well they have said they intend to full support joysticks, and u have seen the concept Razor Atremis right. and considering the number of hardcore fans that are outthere if they didnt support full hotas, they are going to cop hell for it.

I agree. I have traditionally used joystick and it would be bad to not have that as an option, I just think mouse and keyboard might be more effective. I'm still going to at least start out on joysticks.

A few years back I asked them to have TrackIR integrated to give a bigger feel of you being the pilot of a mech instead of feeling like you are just a big combat robot.

Gameplay, enjoy.

Looks pretty cool so far. I'll be more interested when I can actually play it.

That is jarring. The stuff happening outside of the cockpit moves like it's a simulator. The cockpit itself, otoh, moves like a console game, implemented without considering mass.

Looks pretty fantastic, I'm excited that it's free 2 play, let's you give the game a try and if you enjoy it, pay an amount you're happy to pay for some currency or vanity items.

Will be watching closely.

Well i decided to vote with my pocket early and purchased the Founders elite package for 60 bucks and am considering upgrading to the top package for another 60. Cant wait for this game.

Well, so much for playing it for free and then supporting it if I like it... After watching most of the videos available on YouTube I splurged for the $120 supporters package. I may have buyers remorse later, but given I've spent $60-$100 on games I've either never found the time to play, or that I dropped after a couple of hours justifies it for me. I played Mech 2 and Commander for countless hours as a young lad, so I imagine MWO will occupy much of my spare time :)

it looks awesome, i had legendary founder an hr after release,and thats only cause the pay systems keeped dieing int he ass form overload :P From everything ive read the game play should be very well sorted and fair,Dev's seem to actual care, and have taken on a lot of feedback and implimented stuff, like legendary (from people asking if they could stack 2 elites) and the ability to change ur choosen mech on the elite pack (least till 7th aug)

Yeah, i can't wait for release (or early closed beta... Founder)... But then finding time to play as well...

AND... still hoping for an Australasian server sometime in the (hopefully not too distant) future.

yeah aus server would be nice, but willy, and more importantly, how many will actualy jump ship rather then stay with the us/nadia sever, if their server is decent then i will prolly only have around the 270ms ping, which isnt bad, its what i average for WOT, and i dont have any dramas with that, so an aus server would have to be fucking stunning tbh or it would be a mute point.

yup should be awesome , Atmoicmpc mercs anyone??? :p

I'll be in. No guarantee that I'll be any good though. :p

Just got this thing on my screen. Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing;

Posted Image

Mwohohohohaaaahaha

And that is the last screenshot I'll make for some time. Shhh, it's a secret.

FUCK U CUNT ASS MOFO ..... wait, no no, im happy with my big yellow PENDING thanks :p, least till my gtx 670 gets here :P