Genders

Planet Side 2

For anyone thinking about trying out the game, or tried the game and was a little lost.

Have fun and rock on with this awesome free game!

Edited by wraith676

Ah joy, the Battlefield of Duty:Halo scrubs are arriving. Someone killed you? Cry aimbot at them in tells. Get told there's "no hax and to stop crying," whine back that you're not crying and start calling the other player names.

You get the game to work properly?

9GB install (because haven't worked out the tech to stream in-game assets, right?)

Issues with account.

Issues creating character.

Issues starting game with character.

Play for 15 minutes.

CTD.

You get the game to work properly?

9GB install (because haven't worked out the tech to stream in-game assets, right?)

Issues with account.

Issues creating character.

Issues starting game with character.

Play for 15 minutes.

CTD.

Mine's about 9.5 installed. I'm not sure about your CTD issue, but the rest of it was probably to do with http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.p...88/#post-639352 You didn't try and update the beta client or have a controller plugged in do you?

Doesn't really look like my kind of game, as I'm not really into the whole futuristic thing... but people I've talked to about the game have all recommended I give it a go.

Made an account earlier, just waiting on my download to finish.

Aids. It looks like the login bug is back again. -_-

It does appear that way, was having trouble getting in and then when I'd get in was getting DCed after a bit.

What factions has everyone gone?

I've gone New Conglomerate, character ident PZO

On Aussie Briggs server : CoHmodderSolo with the red dudes (Terran?).

I played with the Conglomerates during the beta and prefer them than Terran.

Going back to Conglomerate I think.. :)

Edited by cohmoddersolo

I'm vanu.

But TBH, not particularly impressed.

Ihsan - Didn't beta, fresh install from Steam, no game controllers.

Still getting CTD, also finding that in firefights, I tend to get shot without even seeing the enemy come around the corner.

If other people are getting the same issue, then I can see why they are calling hacks.

I haven't had a chance to play with mates, I'll give it a proper go with some friends in the next week or so.

However, with CTD ever 15 minutes, that might be just as frustrating for other reasons :/

Worth noting as well, that my rig plays games like Dishonored without crashes. CTD is pretty unprecedented on my system.

I've seen no reports of CTD on other machines of the 20 people I know playing. Make sure steam is running as am admin? I know there was some issues with default language causing problems too.

I've seen no reports of CTD on other machines of the 20 people I know playing. Make sure steam is running as am admin? I know there was some issues with default language causing problems too.

Default language is English.

No CTDs since I moved to win 7 except for carrier command.

I'll double check steam is running as admin.

The CTDs appear to be when I try and change class sometimes.

I'll try rebuilding my steam cache.

What's the difference between teams?

I might fire it up this afternoon when I get home from work.

I'm really unsure what's going on with your problems then TinBane. You're the only one I've heard of with problems like that. :(

As for the factions The Terran Republic tends to be the zerg faction with their marginally better weapons then everyone else (don't believe them when they try and deny it). The New Conglomerate tends to have recoil issues under sustained fire and the Vanu Sovereignty has no bullet drop (albeit at reduced damage over distances). Though that's a fairly moot point when most of the infantry fighting is at close quarters.

I'm really unsure what's going on with your problems then TinBane. You're the only one I've heard of with problems like that. :(

As for the factions The Terran Republic tends to be the zerg faction with their marginally better weapons then everyone else (don't believe them when they try and deny it). The New Conglomerate tends to have recoil issues under sustained fire and the Vanu Sovereignty has no bullet drop (albeit at reduced damage over distances). Though that's a fairly moot point when most of the infantry fighting is at close quarters.

Hmm, well if that's the case, I'll unplug a firewire device, and disable my USB mic and see if either of those fix it :/

Hmm, well if that's the case, I'll unplug a firewire device, and disable my USB mic and see if either of those fix it :/

Game seems fun (with Friends I think even better) very spammy fights at bases.

Also needs less bugs. Latest Nvidia Beta drivers and this happens, was fine for a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVC7qfvKtKo

Game seems fun (with Friends I think even better) very spammy fights at bases.

Also needs less bugs. Latest Nvidia Beta drivers and this happens, was fine for a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVC7qfvKtKo

That's not your drivers, that's an issue with that continent. There's a few spots around that map that have been causing that since beta. There used to be a similar issue with a tech plant on Indar that caused a CTD when looking around at certain things. I guess it's low on their priority list since everyone hates that map and no one plays on... bar the goddamn aussie server >.<

Pretty sure in map, click one of the three buttons up top left in Continents. Then click Deploy at a location and wait.

I was on the ice planet for ages and Vanu controlled 75% of the map. I thought we were brilliant. Then I changed and on the next map Red and Blue was powering on and there was only this little sector of Vanu. We were getting slaughtered.

I went back to the ice planet.

Edited by Ghost05

Stupid question, how do you change continent?

At your Warpgate, there's a World terminal where you can redeploy to another continent.

ps. am loving this game.

Edited by justo316

Guest xyzzy frobozz

This game could be the best game I've ever played.

There.

I said it.

Can't type too much. Too busy playing. It took me a couple of hours to "get it", but once I saw my first big push into an eney base..... wow. Just fucking wow. The game actually creates organic teamwork on a very large scale. Infantry pushing into the base, supported by tanks, spawn points being created (you have to create spawns) and then pushed forward as the front line progressed, air support buzzed around, then they got taken out by the enemies counter air, then the anti air rolled in.

I could not believe it!

I actually just stood on a hill and watched.

That was on the first night playing. I had to send myself to bed to get up for work. When I came home I thought, wow, that was special, I wonder if I'll get to see it again.

Yep! Four nights in a row, in different places.

This is a 10/10 for me!

What a game!

GAME ERROR G37

GAME ERROR G37

GAME ERROR G37

GAME ERROR G37

GAME ERROR G37

GAME ERROR G37

GAME ERROR G37

GAME ERROR G37

GAME ERROR G37

GAME ERROR G37