Xen

Community announcement: A call to all lurkers

I like to think I've insinuated myself somewhat. A lot of the innuendo gets tiring, but I like it here.

Apparently I joined nearly a year ago, but it took me a long time to actually start posting stuff. Now I try to at least check in most days.

I don't feel I'm qualified to comment on some threads but I chip in where I can, and have gotten some good advice where I have started my own threads.

I don't feel I'm qualified to comment on some threads but I chip in where I can, and have gotten some good advice where I have started my own threads.

Dude, in TGR, having thumbs is sufficient qualification. ;)

Dude, in TGR, having thumbs is sufficient qualification. ;)

You can say anything in The Green Room.

Just make sure you have third party health insurance. :P

A sticky begging for contribution? Oh Atomic.

What the fuck happened to you? You used to be that sexy chick, getting all the attention. Getting all the free drinks. The boys crawling over themselves to get to you. Guys would gasp as you twirled your hair and bit your lip. You had the curves and the brains in one sexy little package.

But somewhere along the way you become haggard and ugly, used up and overmoderated and uninteresting. You've gotten all tarted up, no doubt, what with your generic php forum and ability to post pictures and polls. You've got your goods on display, hoping maybe for a pity fuck while you dream about the glory days. Back when people fell over themselves to get a moment of your time. Back when they couldn't help but post in you.

Back when you were loved.

But there are other ladies on the internet now. Wily and passionate and charismatic and fun. True, we had a wild fling long ago, you and me. Long nights spent exploring each other, laughing and smiling and crying and screaming in rage. However you now have nothing to offer that I can't get better somewhere else.

Nothing is more of a turn off then begging. Why settle?

What the fuck happened to you? You used to be that sexy chick, getting all the attention. Getting all the free drinks. The boys crawling over themselves to get to you. Guys would gasp as you twirled your hair and bit your lip. You had the curves and the brains in one sexy little package.

But somewhere along the way you become haggard and ugly, used up and overmoderated and uninteresting. You've gotten all tarted up, no doubt, what with your generic php forum and ability to post pictures and polls. You've got your goods on display, hoping maybe for a pity fuck while you dream about the glory days. Back when people fell over themselves to get a moment of your time. Back when they couldn't help but post in you.

But there are other ladies on the internet now. Wily and passionate and charismatic and fun. True, we had a wild fling long ago, you and me. Long nights spent exploring each other, laughing and smiling and crying and screaming in rage. However you now have nothing to offer that I can't get better somewhere else.

I got fat.

What a waste of words filled with ego...

[ Cool story]

How did you get to be a " Quark" "Guru" ?!

I'm not sure I've seen him here since he was banned at least 5 years ago.

Put on the mask and dance for daddy.

+1

I logged in to post this, first time been back here in ages and I see I've missed nothing. Suprised my account even still active. Moved onto to bigger and better sites. I used to be subscriber back around 2000-2002 but all went downhill soon after, especially with the changes with the mag and around here. Last time I saw an Atomic mag I could barely find articles inbetween all the ads.

I logged in to post this, first time been back here in ages and I see I've missed nothing. Suprised my account even still active. Moved onto to bigger and better sites. I used to be subscriber back around 2000-2002 but all went downhill soon after, especially with the changes with the mag and around here. Last time I saw an Atomic mag I could barely find articles inbetween all the ads.

Very easy to miss nothing in a community when you add nothing of value.

Nothing beget's nothing?

especially with the changes with the mag and around here. Last time I saw an Atomic mag I could barely find articles inbetween all the ads.

That's a pretty retarded exaggeration. Every mag has some adds. Atomic does have that much.

If you think its too hard to find content on a Atomic mag, you'll think every page is an add in a APC one.

Yeah dam right.

That's really rich coming from a guy that only made 3 posts in god knows how many years. :P

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Yeah, I'm sure making people feel welcome like that is going to help encourage them to come back and contribute.

Yeah dam right.

That's really rich coming from a guy that only made 3 posts in god knows how many years. :P

I thought it was a pretty good comment, myself. Zen form Xen, if you will. ;)

After all, there are people here who have hundreds of posts (if not more) in that length of time who have essentially contributed nothing in a similar length of time. Meanwhile, posters like Mr Friendly have a very low post count, and yet have garnered enough respect to talk the g/mods into renaming TGR after him.

Stuff

+1

Well even though you don't post, you do lurk, which surely means the forum still holds some value to you. Is there a magazine that doesn't contain ads, and lots of them ?

especially with the changes with the mag and around here. Last time I saw an Atomic mag I could barely find articles inbetween all the ads.

That's a pretty retarded exaggeration. Every mag has some adds. Atomic does have that much.

If you think its too hard to find content on a Atomic mag, you'll think every page is an add in a APC one.

Yeah dam right.

And this is what killed it. The atomic elitism.

The endless arguments, the banning of good posters and promoting shit twinkies to heroes.

How the mighty fall.

And this is what killed it. The atomic elitism.

The endless arguments, the banning of good posters and promoting shit twinkies to heroes.

How the mighty fall.

Sorry I was in a bad mood that day. Didn't have a good one.

I apologize for taking it out on the internet.

You really didn't have to call me shit though and I didn't mean to be an elitist.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Oh Pft. I was Hero'd ages ago. This place has been in one big downward spiral ever since.

Edited by Nich...

Oh Pft. I was Hero'd ages ago. This place has been in one big downward spiral ever since.

It's been getting worse since they added the 'Super' part...