Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Blackorchad

A suggestion

who cares, when the WOYM thread was deleted, I got a twitter account, and shared all my random crap on there. There's a bunch of other folks on there too.

There's an idea. A thread that aggregates everything from #shitatomicanssay or something. Neatly gets around limitations of this forum on mobile devices too :o

Twitter's a good idea, but it doesn't help Atomic out much - we don't have ads displayed on Twitter (and therefore that doesn't help with server costs).

I had a big post typed up, but really - I don't know if I can be fucked.

So in point form:

1) Framenting the green room will make for one fast forum that everyone reads (the controversial one) and a dead zone. The proof of this is that if you were to sort each thread by view/posts, the top threads will either be controversial ones, or the ones that require little genuine input (woym, cooking, purchase, listening to).

2) WOYM was a cancer on the forums. Removing it encouraged some people to post more, and others to leave. People in the first group should be commended for making the effort. People in the second group can fuck right off, as its clear they had no intention of making any meaningful contribution to this place.

3) Context is needed just as much as the need for mid and long term suspensions. How someone can get a ban for a mostly inoffensive parody account, and someone else can get a 30 day suspension for threatening violence upon another user with the justification that they were antagonised is beyond me. A short to mid term suspension for the first case, sure. A bit of a heavy handed lesson on not to do it, with no real act of contrition required beyond an "oops" (that is, unless the individual used the fake account to actually cause drama). The second? Well, i'll leave that up to others to decide.

Something is wrong. I agree with Juggs ;P

Something is wrong. I agree with Juggs ;P

I had the same reaction!

Must go now and shower ;-)