Sign in to follow this  
martyr

User Rating

Hi all,

Not that it matters, or that its really important because people dont seem to pay much attention to it. And also not sure if I'm imagining it but think I had full 5 star rating not too long ago (maybe it starts at 5?), now its Nil.

Wondering if it would provide more information if people had to leave feedback when changing other users' ratings?

I dont really look at the profile page that much, and if this already exists and I just missed it - cool!

Cheers,

Chris

Been a long time since the changeover, but IIRC we started with 5 stars and got voted down from there. Either that, or someone really likes me. ;)

And no, you don't need to leave a comment when you rate someone. In fact, I don't think there is a way to do that - though you could leave a note in their comments section separately.

I just rated you 5 stars and now its showing you as 5 stars, go figure.

Cheers man! I assume that means that i was never rated before (assuming it works based on average rating). So there you go, maybe I just need glasses!

The rating doesnt really bother me, mainly because afaik no-one actually looks at it?

but at the same time it does make you wonder why people rate you whatever way.

Been a long time since the changeover, but IIRC we started with 5 stars and got voted down from there. Either that, or someone really likes me. ;)

And no, you don't need to leave a comment when you rate someone. In fact, I don't think there is a way to do that - though you could leave a note in their comments section separately.

lol. Yeah i thought as much from my short look at the profile, though it would be good to get a comment at the same time as the rating so the user who's being rated knows why they were rated some way.

It's just a 'feature' of IPB, it can be disabled though. I'm not sure if anyone really uses it.

I'd like to see a thumbs up, thumbs down system, where spamming it is limited ofc.

A system such as a reputation system might work, something like that is used on Binary Revolution, here.

Although its based around you +1 or -1 a post and that either increases or decreases the persons rep.

So if the rep idea isn't liked just the +1 or -1 system would probably be quite good although could result in trolling...

So if the rep idea isn't liked just the +1 or -1 system would probably be quite good although could result in trolling...

Seen reddit?