Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
BeDLaM#29

Game of Thrones Season 2 discussion (spoilers)

Since falling in love with series 1 I devoured all the ASOIAF books and reread A Clash of Kings in preparation for series 2 which premiers April 1.

I'm wondering what people are looking forward to in series 2. I can't wait to see Tyrion light up Stannis' fleet. I'm also looking forward to seeing more of Rob's battles in the west which were only talked about in the book but I'm told will be included in the series.

Edited by BeDLaM#29

To be honest, I'll be interested to see how closely they stick to the second book for the next season.

Ayra just goes from one bad situation to another.

Tyrion tries to do the right thing even knows he's on the wrong side.

Jon just spends ages in the freezing cold with his fat whinging cunt of a friend.

And Robb kicks ass while some how losing Winterfell to Lilly Allen's brother.

Deaneries may as well not even be in there because she does a some total of fuck all until the third book!

I do have a feeling they might compress the timelines in some parts for some characters and expand on them for others.

Edited by MrFriendly

One thing is for certain, winter will not arrive this year.

Edited by moist

You know nothing Mr Friendly.

Jon Snow ditches his fat friend for a new father figure who he kills so he can get his freak on with a wild bitch.

Dany flashes a boob in Qarth.

And lets not forget the arrival of Stannis, Davos, Milesandre, Brienne, Joacquin Hagar, Rorge, Biter, the Brave Companions, the rest of the Greyjoys and Tyrells and ofcourse the lovely Ramsay Snow.

And then there's the Mountain being established as the most evil man in all of fiction, at least until Ramsay gets his flailing knife out in book 5

I'm eagerly awaiting the next book in the series. It'll be interesting to see if Daenaries decides to cross the ocean and wreak vengeful dragon fueled war on everyone. Edited by Mudman

What am I most looking forward to? Season 2 being over so we can get to some good stuff <.>

I'm eagerly awaiting to see if the author survives long enough to give us another book.

But to answer the OP, I'm just looking forward to it,especially rediscovering the plot specifics of Book 2 through the AV medium...

I'm eagerly awaiting the next book in the series. It'll be interesting to see if Daenaries decides to cross the ocean and wreak vengeful dragon fueled war on everyone.

Dany is beginning to shit me. She's been gifted far too much and I actually foresee her becoming a mad Targaryan like her father.

For me the character's to watch are Jon, I doubt he'll stay dead, Milesandre will resurrect him like Thoros did Dondarion and he'll go reek some undead vengeance on Ramsay; Jaime, since being redeemed by Vargo Hoat he's quickly become one of my most like characters, I'm thinking he'll be the valonqar who kills Cersei; an Theon, who has also become a fave since he's redemption, but I'm thinking he's been broken beyond repair and will be warged into by Bran, which I think is hinted at by the sample chapter from Wins of Winter available on George RR Martins blog http://georgerrmartin.com/if-sample.html . This also explains why he wasn't there when Ramsay's army attacked Stannis' as hinted at by the note Jon recieves at the end of Dance.

I o think there is much to look forward to this season. The Battle of the Blackwater has the potential to be one of the truly great TV moments, and I can't wait to see what Dinklage does with Tyrion in season 2, since I didn't think the character really shone til book 2, yet Dinklage so easily stole the first series.

These character pieces are interesting teasers for series 2:

Dany

Jon

Joffrey

Stannis

Rob

Renly

Edited by BeDLaM#29

I actually switched computers so that I could watch those clips in HD with better sound system. Don't know why I wasn't doing that in the first place, but anyway, thanks for the embedded clips and thank you also for the link to his blog. It hasn't been for too long that I've had the dual resources of the internet and the reading material in the same place at the same time. :) Cheers BeDLaM#29

Should I just get started on the second book, or should I wait to watch the series, then read an in-depth version in the second novel noting what was cut out, and wait repeating this process?

It's not like I don't have 2tb of shows and movies to get through between waiting, and I prefer waiting for seasons to build up.

I just hope they keep the funds coming for all the costly war scenes. That, and there are no more marquee-stealing Hurricanes in Northern Ireland to halt production, or similar hindrances in Croatia, Iceland or Morocco. Given it's response and that HBO are usually awesome, I have faith it will last.

I say read the second book (and the third and the fourth and the fifth), but I think I'm becoming a bit of a fanboy for ASOIAF

I can't express how pissy I am that Bran gets so little pagetime in the later books.

He gets plenty in Dance of Dragons...

Just read that link you gave me too BeDLaM#29. It was awesome.

Gir, i reckon you should read the books as well. I think that you'll really like them. I'm not sure if you're a fan of this particular genre or if GRRM style of writing will suit your literary tastes, but, I still recommend the books all the same. I loved them. I hope you do to.

Edited by Mudman

Oh I do love this genre and I really like the book, it floats my boat.

And the televised series doesn't get my goat!

I just don't know if I should wait and watch the series before reading the second book, or not deprive myself the pleasure and just dive right in.

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I made the mistake of just quickly looking at a couple of rage comics.

Read the books first Gir. I love reading and wish I hadn't read them yet, just so that I could read them once more without knowing how the next twist and turn of the story goes. I would imagine that I would love viewing the show a LOT without having read any of the books, but I would also get more bored with it. Having read the books, I already know whats going to happen and for some reason I still enjoy it all the more.. Go figure.

I'm eagerly awaiting the next book in the series. It'll be interesting to see if Daenaries decides to cross the ocean and wreak vengeful dragon fueled war on everyone.

Dany is beginning to shit me. She's been gifted far too much and I actually foresee her becoming a mad Targaryan like her father.

For me the character's to watch are Jon, I doubt he'll stay dead, Milesandre will resurrect him like Thoros did Dondarion and he'll go reek some undead vengeance on Ramsay.

I'd like to see Dany get her bear back, (pun intended), or as my wife likes to call him now that we've seen the first series of GoT and Downton Abbey, Mr. Grumpy Newspaper Sugar Daddy. Given the way that the arc is going though, I'm not sure how that's possible.

I don't think Jon is dead, one of the giants will save him, (although he'll be close to mortally wounded and need some sort of divine help). He'll put down the rebellions and raise up a rag-tag army though from the remnants of all groups around him and essentially become the king in the north; but have to go through some serious shit when the white walkers well and truly descend.

Edited by Periander

But Jon has to be dead to get him out of the Nights Watch. Killing him and having him reborn Azor Ahai makes sense, it also gives purpose to the prelude,since Jon can warg into Ghost, he won't lose his mind the way Catelyn did Edited by BeDLaM#29

I'm actually really pissed off that first Ned and then Rob died, personally. I think that's what made me go just a little crazy for ASOIAF though. You get introduced to all these awesome characters and they seem so cool and are gonna do so much cool stuff and then they die and someone evil steps forward and gets ahead, only to be killed by someone who is just quietly, much more eviler. Edited by Mudman

Yeah. It worries me how little of it I remember :\

Oh right, thanks wiki. The foretold stabbing. Yeah, I don't reckon he'll die - and being reborn would totally fuck Stannis over and I don't think they're ready for that yet. But I'm still pegging my hopes on Bran being the new King of Winter/the North, if he's not busy rotting underground.

I think that's what I like most about the way that GRRM wrote this story. Compared to, say, Robin Hobb's work, there really doesn't seem to be any hope at all for anyone. Everything is royally fucked. Anything that is still left sacred is slowly ground down into an even more fucked up position then you would have thought that things could possibly manage to be. Robin Hobb's work on the other hand, well, you can almost guess the way that things are going to happen in the story. Not that I mind, I love her work. Been a fan ever since I read Assasin's Apprentice way back when I was still halfway through high school. Somehow george's work just seems a little more realistic than "Good guys gonna win, bad guys gonna lose" which while not always true of Robin Hobb, it is still the closer of the two. Much anticipation and wait. :) Edited by Mudman

Can't wait to get home to it.

Heard an interesting theory the other day I think I believe, Jaquin H'gar = Syrio Forel