BeDLaM#29

Game of Thrones Season 2 discussion (spoilers)

Ahhhaahah haaaa haaaaaaaaaaa aha ha hah hyaahahahhhahh - wheeezzeee- hahahahahahahahahahahahaa!!!!

Looks like the show is copping some flak for doing what about a billion people want to do in real life but know wont happen cos of 'special privileges'.

Link

The medieval-fantasy television drama Game Of Thrones has long drawn flack for its violence, nudity, language and the countless taboo themes they explore, but now the show is really under fire - for cutting off the head of a US president and mounting it on a pike. Without giving away too much, the finale of season one features a scene where one of the major characters meets a grisly end, with their head lopped off and offered up for all to see.

And when it is seen, there alongside is the head of former president George Bush, dripping blood as it sits atop a spear, pictured.

A pic is at the link....best easter egg ever.

'It's despicable,'' said the chairman of the Brooklyn Republican Party, Craig Eaton. ''Americans of all political persuasions should stand up and demand that things like this should not continue. They should boycott watching this particular show.''

Further proving that politicians are so far removed from the minds of the electorate that they might as well be living on Mars.

i have to say Daenerys was a major let down this season :/

the horse-heart-eating emerging badass from last season just stagnated. her character arc felt more like a cul-de-sac. "My dragons" *wimper* "I'm important!" *sniff* "My dragons" *cry* ...rinse and repeat.

is the actress struggling to deliver a certain gravitas and majesty because a) she is miscast, b) its just not in the script, or c) her character is actually that insipid and tiresome in the book?

Also, is it just me or did she rock up with about 20 tribesmen, all but a few got slaughtered in the dragon theft, then there were about 20 of them again looting the place at the end? And no one much seemed to care that all their remaining people got killed.

Also, is it just me or did she rock up with about 20 tribesmen, all but a few got slaughtered in the dragon theft, then there were about 20 of them again looting the place at the end? And no one much seemed to care that all their remaining people got killed.

Glad someone else noticed that...

i have to say Daenerys was a major let down this season :/

the horse-heart-eating emerging badass from last season just stagnated. her character arc felt more like a cul-de-sac. "My dragons" *wimper* "I'm important!" *sniff* "My dragons" *cry* ...rinse and repeat.

is the actress struggling to deliver a certain gravitas and majesty because a) she is miscast, b) its just not in the script, or c) her character is actually that insipid and tiresome in the book?

Though she was annoying, I thought the point was to show her weaknesses getting the better of her right before she gets fucked over, says 'fuck that noise, thanks for the lesson' and goes hardcore-Queen-of-the-Dragons-bitch.

Mind you I haven't read beyond the second book, so I'm yet to know if that's the case but I'm fairly certain it's her destined path.

But if I were her I would hit Ser Jorah so hard. I would hit several characters like an angry White Walker.

Edited by Gir

I don't think it's the actress, but the source material. The character shows a lot of promise and potential and does SFA with it for a looooong time. I'm unsure on whether this is GRRM's attempt to show that she really is just a young teenage girl, or poor writing.

Dany is a little whingy bitch. I liked her in book 1, she bored me in book 2, liked her again in book 3, but in book 5 I actually began to actively dislike her. Couldn't help but think it was deliberate.

I seriously think George is gonna flip it and make her a mad Targaryen like her father, she'll sit the iron throne and throw Westeros into even more of a tizzy than it is in, with Others attacking from the north, it'll be someone else (Jon Snow and the Starks?) who saves the seven kingdoms.

Dany is a little whingy bitch. I liked her in book 1, she bored me in book 2, liked her again in book 3, but in book 5 I actually began to actively dislike her. Couldn't help but think it was deliberate.

I seriously think George is gonna flip it and make her a mad Targaryen like her father, she'll sit the iron throne and throw Westeros into even more of a tizzy than it is in, with Others attacking from the north, it'll be someone else (Jon Snow and the Starks?) who saves the seven kingdoms.

Jon Snow is dead

Jon Snow is dead

Which made me a sad panda, he was one of my favorite characters towards the end.

Jon Snow is dead

Which made me a sad panda, he was one of my favorite characters towards the end.

Jon Snow will warg into Ghost and then Melisandre will re-animate his body.

The whole Thoros / Dondarrion / Catlyn told us that a Red Priest can raise a dead man (not to mention R'hllor / Victarion). The Six Skins intro showed us a warg could live on through death by warging into the skin of an animal.

According to the prophecy recounted by Melisandre, after a long summer, Azor Ahai will be reborn amidst smoke and salt wielding the flaming sword Lightbringer to defend the world from R'hllor's nemesis, the Other. Bowen Marsh's tears provide the salt and Jon Snow's wounds smoke. Milessandre will rebirth him, no longer tied to the Night's Watch as his watch ends with his death, and he'll march to Winterfell with his Wildling host, claim Lightbringer from Ramsay and crown himself king in the north.

Ofcourse it all fits so well that it is almost definitely wrong

Assumed the prophecy was about Dany, TBH, and kind of liked the spin of her hooking up with Jon if he is indeed a darky Targaryen.