Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
BeDLaM#29

Game of Thrones Season 2 discussion (spoilers)

No it doesn't happen in the books. He is simply the head of Tyrions personal guard. Jacelyn Bywater becomes the head of the city guard, who Tyrion then utilises to kidnap Tommen, which ultimately leads to Jacelyn being killed, and Tyrion being injured, by friendly fire in the Battle of the Blackwater. I wonder how they'll play that out with Bronn, who must survive the Blackwater, being captain of the Gold Cloaks

And the Gold Cloaks are the city guard, the White Cloaks are the Kings Guard.

The sad part about that is I only read that book about three or four months back. Alcohol has ruined my memory.

As Nich said, they're bound to merge a few characters together, I don't think Bronn will change the story too much. Jon Snow getting hit in the face by Craster changes things though, there's a lot of shit that boy has wade through yet.

What I am impressed with so far is the way they're showing Tyrion's thought process. He seems to know what he's doing, but at the end of each scene you can see the doubt and contemplation in his eyes. It's very well done.

Edited by MrFriendly

Dinklage is quite the actor, definately deserved all the awards. I can't help but think there'll be more, Tyrion is such a strong character in book 2.

There is also the death of one of Dany's bloodriders, which wasn't in the book, and although the copy I had didn't have the Dothraki to English subtitles, I'm guessing they are creating an enmity between Dany and Jhaqo which was in the first book, but was resolved in the series when Drogo killed Mago, which didn't happen in the first book, instead Mago and Jhaqo mocked Dany by raping and killing the lamb girl she saved from them prompting Dany to vow to kill them both. I'm guessing in the series Dany vows to kill Jhaqo because he killed one of her bloodriders. I will have to get the proper version of ep2 when it is released so I can confirm this with the subtitles.

At the end of Dance it is apparent that Dany is about to get that chance and claim Jhaqo's khalasar of 20,000

Finally getting a chance to catch up on S02.

Yara? Ugh.

Yeah I noticed that too, that really was a totally pointless change.

Finally getting a chance to catch up on S02.

Yara? Ugh.

Yeah I noticed that too, that really was a totally pointless change.

Apparently they thought Asha would get confused with Osha.

Since my partner's name is Asha, I was a tad disappointed when I heard about that one.

They better get way more than three, but great new none-the-less

From my calculations, it'll take at least 10 to finish the seven books (given the producers saying it'll take 7 to get to the end of book 5).

I think HBO went into it knowing it was a going to be a long and expensive project. The critical acclaim, good fan reception and increasing ratings all spell good things for this series making it to the end. They were a little disappointed in themselves for giving up on Rome and don't want to make the same mistake again.

Now if only GRRM finishes the books in time :P

It's funny how prudish people get when shown a detailed, fucked up fantasy world.

Episode 3, now we're starting to get into the meat of Arya's tribulations. Amory Lorch was weell played, can't wait to see the new Mountain. I quite liked the last one, but he was replaced.

Shae as Sansa's handmaid I like, but does this mean no Lollys?

Brienne is perfectly cast.

And they are really playing up the Renly / Loras / Margeary triangle a lot more than in the book, would explain how she can claim to be a maid for the Joff marriage. "You could turn me over and pretend that I'm him" love it

Edited by BeDLaM#29

For lovers of the book

And I was thinking; if there's no Lollys, then they can kill off Bronn, since he does nothing else of note in later books thus far published other than his adventures with house Stokeworth

Yah, wow, Joff really is a totally evil cunt!

I think I'll have to watch it again tonight. There's certainly quite a few interesting deviations in there.

I think I'll have to watch it again tonight. There's certainly quite a few interesting deviations in there.

Ah, we were all like that in our teenage years. I think he's a good boy at heart.

Not paid any attention to this previously, howeverrr ... having just looked at codecreeper's link, Walt informs me that our local has a five DVD set of this ( $10.00 for the week ) ...

Just watched the latest episode and thats the main thing i took from it (although i already thought that prior to now - but now even more so).

Also, that ending was freaky shit.

I hope Joffrey Baratheon get's a massive pike shoved up his arse and then dragged through town by an old aging donkey.

Fucking cunt!