BeDLaM#29

Game of Thrones Season 2 discussion (spoilers)

Episode 5 and we're mid way through. What is bothering is the way the adventures at Winterfell are traveling. Both the Reeds and Ramsay should have showed up by now, how is Osha gonna play the Reeds' role when Brandon and Rikkon split up (unless they don't split them up) and how are they going to play out the Ramsay / Reek / Theon story line, perhaps the most important in Dance, if they don't introduce Reek before Theon takes Winterfell?

That's the thing about film though, all that stuff about Bran and the Reeds can be covered in a single scene. My feeling is that Bran will get a lot more focus in the next episode along with Theon. I'm looking forward to Dany and the House of the Undying.

So far I'm pretty happy with the adaptation, and more importantly, the show is enjoyable to watch.

Having only watched Season 1 and i enjoyed it right up to the End. And now following this thread and reading what is happening makes me wonder one thing. Do you think the story will fit into 10 seasons as such like BBC where most stories are closed and finished. My favourite character in Season one was Tyrion he seemed to play all families and i get the belief he a lot older than his actual Father.

I have been impressed by the series; the sets are impeccable and the characters are pretty much all as I imagined them. Things do seem a lute

little rushed, but I guess that's unavoidable given the intracacy of the source material.

Speaking of tits though, we got gibbed on the Qartheen dresses

Rikkon and Osha have barely made an appearance once they split up. They may not see a need to actually do that anytime soon, if it'll have no impact over the next half a dozen seasons. Especially if, as you suggest, Osha subs for the Reeds entirely.

Edited by Nich...

Pretty sure the supposed Episode 5 floating around is fake - there was not one set of tits to be seen anywhere.

The ep I got is about a minute longer than the others. Most are around 54 minutes this is around 55. So I doubt there were any chopped scenes.

Two comments: my wife says - this is just a thinly altered borrow of The Tudors with a few additions, and the voice coaching for the all the Aussie actors is pretty decent until they say Throne as in "I will sit on the Iron Thrown...". The moment anyone says Throne as Thrown with a high glutal stop - they may as well say gaddafootiesatdie or stone the bloody crows - wrecks the illusion for us as we chuckle!

The source material for Song of Ice and Fire was "inspired by" (some would say is based on) the Hundred Years' War, The War of the Roses, and the wars for the Scottish crown? It makes sense that it would have a similar flavour.

Two comments: my wife says - this is just a thinly altered borrow of The Tudors with a few additions, and the voice coaching for the all the Aussie actors is pretty decent until they say Throne as in "I will sit on the Iron Thrown...". The moment anyone says Throne as Thrown with a high glutal stop - they may as well say gaddafootiesatdie or stone the bloody crows - wrecks the illusion for us as we chuckle!

The source material for Song of Ice and Fire was "inspired by" (some would say is based on) the Hundred Years' War, The War of the Roses, and the wars for the Scottish crown? It makes sense that it would have a similar flavour.

It's interesting you say that, because the whole series has got me interested in learning medieval history.

The strength of these stories is the fact that much of it is based in reality, with a touch of magic to spice things up. GRRM doesn't glorify the kings and knights when he adds dragons, wargs and the undead, something many other fantasy series' are guilty of.

The strength of these stories is the fact that much of it is based in reality, with a touch of magic to spice things up. GRRM doesn't glorify the kings and knights when he adds dragons, wargs and the undead, something many other fantasy series' are guilty of.

Yeah, it's definitely not high fantasy.

Which I think is great. It's also a good comeback about some of the politicking. A lot of the stuff people will call bullshit on in fiction, has happened (relatively similarly) in history. Anyone have that link about how "unrealistic" WW2 was, calling bullshit on having a president in a wheelchair nobody knew about, a drunk failed general as a strategically brilliant PM etc?

i'm flummoxed by this.

- who are the Australian actors in GoT?

- who on earth pronounces 'thrown' and 'throne' differently? the IPA is exactly the same!

- how would one put a glottal stop in 'throne'?

- WTF is "gaddafootiesatdie"? (are you going to the footy on saturday?)

I watched season 4 of the Tudors today (I saw the earlier seasons ages ago), and apart from being set in a similar age, I really don't see the similarities.

There is some similarity between character attitudes but that's about it. The direction, cinematography, localities and scale of GoT really dwarves the Tudors (and I'm not just saying that for Tyrion).

Tudors was a good series but it has nothing on Game of Thrones.

Did you know the Actress who plays Sansa Stark is actually a Blonde Glamor Model. She dyed her Red just for Game of Thrones and when i checked out her Glamor pics she looks better than Elle.

True but that is not the one. If you look their are two models they look very much identical . A clue look at the face .

She's only recently turned 16. HF with that 'glamour model' bit.

Posted Image

The 'other' one just turned 28.

Posted Image

You're right, if you don't look at their faces they're pretty much identical :o

Edited by Nich...

Wow, they're really starting to change shit up now.

I fear there's no Reeds, they could try introduce them later, but for the most part it looks like they're out.

Ygritte was well cast though.

Dunno what the go is with Robb and that girl, I mean, I suppose he can get it on with her instead of that other lass without changing the story too much.

Edited by MrFriendly

- who on earth pronounces 'thrown' and 'throne' differently? the IPA is exactly the same!

Some people say "throwen" when pronouncing "thrown". But you're right, there shouldn't be any difference.

Edited by kamerong

I think the girl is Jayne Westerling and she doesn't want Rob to know as the Westerling's are Lannister bannermen, so she's made a fake identity.

I'm quite disappointed about the lack of Reeds, as I feel the missing love interestwill hamper Bran's development in later chapters.

And introducing Ramsay in the way they have I fear removes much of the menace of the character. The whole Lady Hornwood affair established him as a man to hate, and the Reek thing will make less sense in later series since they never established it now. Perhaps they still have an ace up their sleeve on that one. Let's hope he at least burns Winterfell to the ground when he takes it.

One of the great strengths o the books is how good they are at making a villian. They've failed to convey the menace of the Mountain in the second book, let's hope we don't loose the bastard of Bolton too.

And just to confirm my Talisa Maegyr is Jayne Westerling theory and spoil their surprise http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ror...s/news/?a=44507

When Osha first appears, she's pretty filthy, especially her hair. Ygritte, by contrast, is clean and has nice and clean hair (and is, surprise surprise, pretty as a pretty red headed thing).

I'm a bit more annoyed that the dire wolves keep changing height from larger than ponies to German shepherds. And Brienne keeps changing height from someone who is maybe over 6', to someone who is perhaps 8' or 9' tall.

For some reason this slackening of production values/budgetary issues is annoying me more than some of the changes they're making. Some of them make life simpler when excising large tracts of plot, like Arya's time at Harrenhal. Some reek of George Lucas, like Greedo stealing the dragons.

Edited by Nich...

I must admin the Direwolves are annoying me a bit, but they do such a good job with the production in everything else that I'm happy to over look the smaller things.

And yah, pretty big fan of Ygritte, looking forward to some of the future scenes with her.... bow chicka wow wow