Morgoth

Z77 boards in stock!

I refresh the new product page of PCCG each day because I'm weird like that.

Seems we have the Gigabyte Z77 boards in stock, some with awesome pricing too!

I wont be buying until likely July, but this is good news, with Ivy's NDA ending on the 9th of April and a release of 29th (supposedly), things are getting pretty real!

I'm not sure I'll go Gigabyte this time round, I may head back to ASUS depending on price/features

I had only good experiences with my P5Q Deluxe P45 board

Posted Image

nice to see the prices havent shot threw the roof

im going to try asus again this time its been a while now snice my last asus mb p4c800-e ever since then it was dfi and now gigabyte

Edited by Dasa

Can't wait for Ivy. My e8400's are getting a bit long in the tooth and I'm going all out this upgrade. Might go an ASUS board myself this time although my last three gigabyte boards have been fairly good and my dq6 is a great clocker.

If everything goes as expected, my current rig will be retiring to the missus and I will be building something new this year, will definitely go with an Asus board again, been loving my P67 Sabretooth board.

any word on ITX boards? sorry im also weird and have this thing for smaller and more powerful tech.

Edited by nesquick

Bah, I gotten this before any of you noticed. :P

Posted Image

And that was on the 7th of March. :P

And, even the cheap boards have USB 3.0 headers. No loner means having to buy the best mATX board just to get those

I'm considering getting a Z77 board. They are well priced over here. My UD7 has a few borked USB ports which is starting to piss me off and Z77 takes the 2600k so i think i might grab one on the weekend.

I'm considering the P8Z77-V PRO at the moment and it's in stock as well. What i likeed with this board is that is has a usable PCIe x1 slot (On my UD7 the heatsink blocks it for longer cards).

I'm just scared they might fuck up again and organise another recall, but Z68 went ok, so i think i might take the plunge :).

What do you guys think?

Edited by smakme7757

I'm considering getting a Z77 board. They are well priced over here. My UD7 has a few borked USB ports which is starting to piss me off and Z77 takes the 2600k so i think i might grab one on the weekend.

I'm considering the P8Z77-V PRO at the moment and it's in stock as well. What i likeed with this board is that is has a usable PCIe x1 slot (On my UD7 the heatsink blocks it for longer cards).

I'm just scared they might fuck up again and organise another recall, but Z68 went ok, so i think i might take the plunge :).

What do you guys think?

Do it!

I'm grabbing mine pretty much now, along with some Corsair Vengeance blue RAM for matching heat sinks <.<

for me its between the two asus rog mb with the gene being rather tempting due to it coming out first and since it will be a fair bit cheaper but then there goes any options i had for running three cards

To be honest, any Z68 is capable of running Ivy Bridge as well. The Z77 was created if you didn't get a Z68 in the first place :S

Changed my order from the P8Z77-V PRO to the Sabertooth Z77 - I didn't realise the P8Z77-V PRO didn't have any onboard E-sata ports. Sabertooth should look good in my 800D as well.

Edited by smakme7757

Dunno if it has been said yet or not, but a lot of the Gigabyte boards no longer use Realtek for anything. The Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H has Ateros for LAN, and VIA for audio

I'm thinking of heading back to ASUS as well - my M2N32 was rock solid. I can't work out if I love the look of the Sabertooth though or hate it with a passion.

Dunno if it has been said yet or not, but a lot of the Gigabyte boards no longer use Realtek for anything. The Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H has Ateros for LAN, and VIA for audio

Any reason for this?

Supply issues? Quality issues? Gigabyte has a lot of fingers in the pie so it's really their choice over network and sound chipsets.

Any reason for this?

personally I had better experiences with both of those chipsets over realtek so could be quality issues.

loving the asus itx board. very ver nice. hope it doesnt cost much more than 150 tho..

pretty good range already. asrock fatility matx cool!

I'm going with the Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE. It looks like a beast of a board. I'm a fan of the easy update BIOS feature I have on the my current Asus X79 board, and that obviously gets carried over to the new boards. The WiFi and DLNA are nice touches as well.

Edited by well, yeah...