Sign in to follow this  
NukeJockey

Chernobyl Diaries

Chernobyl Diaries

I love everything to do with 'The Zone', its such an interesting place, really glad that we might actually start seeing movies made there now.

Who knows if this one will be a good movie, but it should atleast have some good scenes of pripyat and surrounds in it. Can't wait.

Anyone else interested in this just because its filmed in Pripyat?

Another tailer that gives away too much.

Really? I disagree.

The trailer shows us that they are friends trekking around Europe, they then get a guided tour into Chernobyl where some bad shit happens, we know they get stuck in Chernobyl, but we don't know what is S.T.A.L.K.I.N.G them (hehe) or whats going to happen.

IMO the trailer showed enough to get people interested in the movie, with a little backstory and some info about what the movie is about, nothing more, no spoilers or anything from what I can see.

So much awesome in one film.

Definitely adding that one to the list.

I don't see one film by Andrei Tarkovsky that was made in Chernobyl after 1986 :P As a matter of fact, he didn't even release any films after 1986 due to being dead.

...Why do they always leave the vehicle they are in, who cares if the damn wires are cut, stay in the fucking vehicle!!! -.-

Now I'm curious is Chernobyl actually open to the public now and well safe, radioactively speaking...?

...Why do they always leave the vehicle they are in, who cares if the damn wires are cut, stay in the fucking vehicle!!! -.-

Now I'm curious is Chernobyl actually open to the public now and well safe, radioactively speaking...?

As far as I know, its been 'open' for a while, but its usually been restricted to tour guides (even the media had a shit time getting in) and radiation has been at pretty safe levels around most of pripyat and the outlying villages for quite some time too, I imagine going to the Chernobyl NPP would still be quite hazardous, theres also lower radiation levels inside the buildings in Pripyat, which means its usually quite safe inside the apartment complexes and such.

I too adore the Zone and the setting of it, especially in games.

Too bad I don't like horror :/

but we don't know what is S.T.A.L.K.I.N.G them (hehe) or whats going to happen.

i c whut u did thar.

:)

As far as I know, its been 'open' for a while, but its usually been restricted to tour guides (even the media had a shit time getting in) and radiation has been at pretty safe levels around most of pripyat and the outlying villages for quite some time too, I imagine going to the Chernobyl NPP would still be quite hazardous, theres also lower radiation levels inside the buildings in Pripyat, which means its usually quite safe inside the apartment complexes and such.

Yeah just went and read up on it, most of the place is fine but the fourth reactor at the nuclear power plant I think although they are quite vague about the nuclear power plant in general. They are building a second chamber around it to hold in the radiation. So I assume it is pretty radioactive stil even if they aren't openly saying so. Source: http://www.iaea.org/newscenter/features/ch...herno-faq.shtml

I too adore the Zone and the setting of it, especially in games.

Too bad I don't like horror :/

Yeah I'm not a big fan of horror either but still intrigued by the Zone.

didn't robzy visit pripyat ages ago?

He did.

Usually scary movies don't do much for me, but that trailer alone gave me chills.

I wouldn't describe it as a scary place, but definitely creepy, and that movie looks like it does a good job of turning creepy to scary.

In the trailer it looks like they went into the reactor control room, which is apparently very difficult to get to. From what I could gather, getting in there is difficult for the media, let alone private tourists.

Photos

Rob.

Edited by robzy

I can't believe this is going to be said but...Where is Robzy when you need him?

That was a joke by the way...No offence...dot dot dot

He did.

Usually scary movies don't do much for me, but that trailer alone gave me chills.

I wouldn't describe it as a scary place, but definitely creepy, and that movie looks like it does a good job of turning creepy to scary.

In the trailer it looks like they went into the reactor control room, which is apparently very difficult to get to. From what I could gather, getting in there is difficult for the media, let alone private tourists.

Photos

Rob.

Google+ doesn't seem to like my phones browser :(

Will look at the photos tomorrow most probably. Noticed the gieger counter photos in the car, can't read the readings though, damn G+ :(

He did.

Photos

Rob.

Man, those photos are awesome. Creepy is definitely the feeling I get looking at them.

He did.

Photos

Rob.

I didn't know you went there, so fucking jealous!

wow its actually filmed in Pripyat?

This movie just went from "pass" to "must see" imo

Hopefully the story will be able to keep up with the epic scenery