xnatex

We can now thank Karma that Steve Jobs is dead and apple can move on

brb saying that someone better then you is a horrible person from your desk in your shitty house.

u kents are jelly.

yeah i was using a mac book the other day and its just more difficult, it doesn't make sense. Maybe they should quickly invent a mouse with 2 buttons before someone else does

fukin retaded

"1/10

Welcome to bashing macs, 20th century edition."

haha, thats actually pretty funny

+1

greedy? narcissistic? well if you had single-handedly invented computers and the internet you would probably be both as well.

It's true, I had dinner with Steve once and he paid for it, then bought me ice cream.

Truly, he was supra-human.

greedy? narcissistic? well if you had single-handedly invented computers and the internet you would probably be both as well.

It's true, I had dinner with Steve once and he paid for it, then bought me ice cream.

Haha. I see what you did there.

I really wished I got a oppotunity to meet Steve Jobs. He's just such a fascinating guy.

Too far mate.

Since the passing of the greedy narcissist Steve Jobs

Lets put you as a major pioneer of technological advent with a wealth of influence and power on your mantle and see how you turn out psychologically.

Just saying.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Might work for you, but personally I see those kind of buttons as entirely redundant.

If you use notes a lot, it will be on the first two screens when you double-home, and swipe through.

as opposed to turn on and open when you hit a single button

that sounds like a better idea to me, but i guess minimalist design somehow wins out over minimal effort, proving that i'm much more happy to be lazy than monotonously "consumer"

Since the passing of the greedy narcissist Steve Jobs

Lets put you as a major pioneer of technological advent with a wealth of influence and power on your mantle and see how you turn out psychologically.

Just saying.

I remember reading up on somewhere that having trauma such as what Steve Jobs went through would give you quite a bit of narcissism. I'm not toally sure about that but I did read something relative to that.

Sorry for quoting myself. I thought I was editing my stuff but then it turned out to be a post of a quote.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

There's way too much confirmation bias and nerd rage when it comes to the topic of Apple among geeks, on both sides of the fence. As Apple's marketshare increases, I wonder if the topic will become less polarised?

I remember reading up on somewhere that having trauma such as what Steve Jobs went through would give you quite a bit of narcissism. I'm not toally sure about that but I did read something relative to that.

oh the hardship of first world trauma

no wonder he died

no wonder he died

Sarcasm.....

God how I hate thee.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

that sounds like a better idea to me, but i guess minimalist design somehow wins out over minimal effort, proving that i'm much more happy to be lazy than monotonously "consumer"

I thought the idea of a button on some phones to open up facebook was pretty silly. I think a button on a keyboard to open up a browser or a calculator or mail client is pretty silly. I don't know why a phone needs to have an email client button. Do you want a button that also opens the IM client? One that brings up the numeric softkeypad? How many buttons are enough buttons to sate your laziness?

I thought the idea of a button on some phones to open up facebook was pretty silly. I think a button on a keyboard to open up a browser or a calculator or mail client is pretty silly. I don't know why a phone needs to have an email client button. Do you want a button that also opens the IM client? One that brings up the numeric softkeypad? How many buttons are enough buttons to sate your laziness?

the 4 that the palm came with are just right, and programmable

i like the idea of choosing 4 items that are indispensable, and having a single touch make them boot up and load - ymmv obviously

my android offers phone / home /menu and go back - that works for me

the iphone 3gs that i was given was shit to use by comparison; the only compelling feature was a way better processor that made angry birds run well

otoh, the iphone didn't include a full sat-nav garmin with perpetual map upgrades for $80 either, which shows me quite good navigation for no data cost

wanting more functionality doesn't mean you are lazy

[edit]

no wonder he died

death via too much cash

haha

Edited by xnatex

wanting more functionality doesn't mean you are lazy

maybe, but it certainly serves that aspect of my being conveniently

and i am lazy

why wouldn't any intelligent being find time to do as much of what they liked as possible by not having to do unnecessary shit to accomplish things they can't avoid ?

scruffy: Say I want to open my email on my iphone. I wake the phone up, double tap home, and the icon is right there at the bottom because I was using it 20 minutes ago. Having what effectively amounts to alt-tab (command tab for you mac users, can't be biased) on a phone in my opinion makes the idea of app-specific buttons redundant.

Personally, I like the idea that it's a device where everything (phone functions included) is an app. The amount of time my previous phone saved by having "special buttons" is negligable, and only exists because their menus were horrible.

I think having a camera from wakeup option is good for when you need a quick snap, but that's about it.

scruffy: Say I want to open my email on my iphone. I wake the phone up, double tap home, and the icon is right there at the bottom because I was using it 20 minutes ago. Having what effectively amounts to alt-tab (command tab for you mac users, can't be biased) on a phone in my opinion makes the idea of app-specific buttons redundant.

Personally, I like the idea that it's a device where everything (phone functions included) is an app. The amount of time my previous phone saved by having "special buttons" is negligable, and only exists because their menus were horrible.

I think having a camera from wakeup option is good for when you need a quick snap, but that's about it.

Cooks is trying to improve the conditions of Apples Chinese sweat shop factory that Jobs created.

The above statement is as far from an informed opinion as could be, I'm thoroughly impressed. And I expect a lot of idiotic nonsense when opening these discussions, so very well done to you.

Here's a list of companies that use Foxconn as a manufacturer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxconn#Major_customers

Now surely you don't believe your statement to be remotely accurate?

OP should open up all his electronic devices in his house. 1/2 of it is going to have something made form foxconn in it.

(command tab for you mac users, can't be biased)

That's three finger slide up, actually. :P

LeSS BUTan bAD, APLLE BaD.

Fact: Galaxy Nexus has less buttons than iPhone.

I manage.

Edited by SquallStrife

lots of stuff and...

The amount of time my previous phone saved by having "special buttons" is negligable, and only exists because their menus were horrible.

on my android hold the home button for ~1 sec and up pop the last 6 apps you have accessed

the iphone is okay, but over-rated if you have any ability to accept some other way of doing exactly the same shit in a slightly different way

like most things, having a fixed action pattern to access things is a matter of personal memory conditioning, and so once a mac-fan always a mac fan unless you want to learn new stuff

personally i couldn't see the joy of it despite around a year of iphone 3 - there was nothing it did that was so "oh fuck! how awesome is that?" that i hadn't already spent a decade watching the palm do better, barring being a phone

the android market also offers so much stuff ported from the palm for free to try out, whereas the apple always wants my money and i later discover what i bought isn't worth keeping

on my android hold the home button for ~1 sec and up pop the last 6 apps you have accessed

I did not know this, thank you good sir :)

I did not know this, thank you good sir :)

it's not like i didn't try exceedingly hard to find amazing shit the iphone did that mere users might not notice

i am a very hands on owner of geek tools

and in the final analysis, the iphone does basic shit for the unimaginative very well, in a stylish package that makes their compatriots impressed

for the rest of us who have already taken such function for granted as the minimum acceptable ability, it meets basic needs but thereafter fails miserably to impress

nice screen, shame about the rest - the iphone is the dumb blonde of smart phones

Fact: Galaxy Nexus has less buttons than iPhone.

wait... your phone has no buttons at all ?

that's radical for sure

and in the final analysis, the iphone does basic shit for the unimaginative very well, in a stylish package that makes their compatriots impressed

That's not my experience at all. My Xoom didn't even have a functioning keyboard. I had the "freedom" to buy another keyboard for $10+, but I just found myself picking up my iPhone instead. Having to constantly fight the OS or spend extra money to do the "basic shit" is not something I'd consider impressive.

Fact: Galaxy Nexus has less buttons than iPhone

wait... your phone has no buttons at all ?

that's radical for sure

I've got the Galaxy Nexus too, it's got power, volume up, and volume down. That's it. All other buttons (home, back, and app switcher) are on-screen.