Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
atosniper

Turn based Strat games?

I'm looking at playing a couple of turn-based strategy games, for some fun. PC based, although if you know of good iPad/iPhone ones too that would be good as well.

Gimme your recommends, please!

K, Go!

Space Empires V. Looks kinda poxy compared to the big titles, but the price is hard to beat, and the game engine doesn't cheat. (ie: No inexplicable stacks of 10,000 ships that it couldn't afford to build and didn't have the time to make even if it could.)

Warlords III: Reign Of Heroes.

I mean, good luck getting it to run and all, but if you can pull it off you'll be in heaven. Loved the almighty shit out of it for years, still have it in its box on my shelf.

As people said, Total War. It's very good and it has so many mods that you really can't get sick of it.

Warlords III: Reign Of Heroes.

I mean, good luck getting it to run and all, but if you can pull it off you'll be in heaven. Loved the almighty shit out of it for years, still have it in its box on my shelf.

Did that one come before or after battlecry?

EDIT* NVM, I think I was thinking of a different series.

Edited by NukeJockey

The Advanced Wars series is my favourite. You can get a gba or ds emulator on pc if you don't want the awesomeness of playing it on handheld.

i liked it

good mix of turn based rpg and a bit of strat

if you go back a bit there is fallout 1&2 just some classic turn based rpg you may have just missed out on them being free though

I can't praise Hero Academy enough. It's free, and perfectly suited to it's platform.

Quite a lot of fun, especially when you and a friend are just submitting turns back and forth constantly.

+1 to the Advance Wars games as well if you can find them.

Civ 5 is good, just different. It's worth looking into some of the mods it has.

Civ 4 is good, just different to 5 :p Again, check out the mods.

Master Of Orion 2, 3

Speaking of which: Starbase Orion on iOS is great.

Heroes of might and magic 2, 3, 5, 6. All good :)

Warlords III: Reign Of Heroes - Personally I hated it. I just didn't "get" it. I just didn't understand the progression for units, it was kind of min-maxy.

It's a poor clone, but UFO Alien Invasion is both free and looks a lot prettier than UFO: Enemy Unknown, if looking pretty is what it takes to get your pants off.

Heroes of Might and Magic series is a gem. Start with number 4 and then all the others will seem awesome in comparision.