atillo

Let's all play nice (men only)

I grew up as the tomboy daughter of an electrician and as such, I grew up learning how to tinker with electronics.

Marry me...?

You know, that's actually kind of creepy.

I also grew up as the tomboy daughter of an electrician...

*starts to wonder if Elven is stealing her life*

Edited by Chaos.Lady

Maybe Atomic should host some servers? BF3 seems to be on the decline though, I had a server on launch, but it remained empty majority of the time as it wasn't a 24/7 Metro server.

There's actually been a recent uptick in server pop thanks to the newest patch. A couple of mature servers that come to mind are Imminent Gamers and the guys who run a number of Older Gamers servers.

That sort of behavior must be fairly rare though? I've never seen sexist comments or banter engulf an entire server before! I guess all one can do for the mean time if find servers that are frequented by more mature players. Obviously it's not the correct solution to the problem, as female players should not have to spend hours trying to find a good server of mature players, but it's an unfortunate truth in some games it seems (according to the above).

Maybe Atomic should host some servers? BF3 seems to be on the decline though, I had a server on launch, but it remained empty majority of the time as it wasn't a 24/7 Metro server.

Good point about the Genre differences though David, that is pretty much my observation too. Though I've never seen an entire server react the way Katalyst describes.

Not as rare as you seem to be saying. I've had similar experiences myself - although I admit it was a long time ago. I stopped trying to visit servers and gave up on multiplayer except within personal groupings.

And I have friends who have had whole servers react that way.

It's wierd, I never got into WOW almost entirely because of my experiences with online gaming. I just couldn't get over the whole "griefers are PITAs and I can't be bothered with anything that isn't single player" mentality. Now, I realise it has eventuated that women in WOW are quite well accepted and don't generally get more pain that anyone else, but it certainly turned me off WOW and all other MMO gaming. And I still struggle to get into it.

I eventually played WOW for all of a week and then gave it up because I could never get comfortable there. Given it's the type of game I love, I think it really shows just how much this kind of experience can affect a person.

That sort of behavior must be fairly rare though? I've never seen sexist comments or banter engulf an entire server before! I guess all one can do for the mean time if find servers that are frequented by more mature players. Obviously it's not the correct solution to the problem, as female players should not have to spend hours trying to find a good server of mature players, but it's an unfortunate truth in some games it seems (according to the above).

Good point about the Genre differences though David, that is pretty much my observation too. Though I've never seen an entire server react the way Katalyst describes.

I should say that, it's the only time I have encountered that kind of thing. The speed and viciousness of the attack truly shocked me though.

If I was a chick. I sure wouldn't let it be known, at least in this game. But its the only online game I have ever played, so.... could be a bad server, or just the pew pew type of game. Like has been mentioned.

Chaos, you should try an RP server of a game like Lord of the Rings Online - easily the most mature gaming environment I've ever found.

WRT WoW, it can be hit and miss. I remember one female player having a bunch of naked photos passed around online, but I don't remember that happening to any guys.

OTOH I've seen quite a lot of boys from, say, 11 to 14, cop an absolute hounding because, for example, their voice hasn't broken. Or for having to ask their parents permission to be online and play.

I grew up as the tomboy daughter of an electrician and as such, I grew up learning how to tinker with electronics.

You know, that's actually kind of creepy.

*starts to wonder if Elven is stealing her life*

Relax. She would never do something so obvious.

NWN RP servers = Epically mature.

Yeah NWN RP servers are like....

REALLY RP.

I mean I've not seen anything close to how serious (boring) they are..

That's why I stuck to dominating PVP persistant world servers :P

Come visit me and Elven. We could make beautiful circuits together. Edited by Virtuoso

NWN RP servers = Epically mature.

Yeah NWN RP servers are like....

REALLY RP.

I mean I've not seen anything close to how serious (boring) they are..

That's why I stuck to dominating PVP persistant world servers :P

I think you really need to enjoy RPing yourself to like it.

I played with dasa and he hated RPing, so he just didn't talk lol.

I have had some female friends who played FPS games with me, we used to chat for hours about random stuff, I never personally give/gave shit to female players infact I'd encourage women to join in the fun, some games theres nothing like blowing shit up if you have had a fucked up day.