nobody813

Atomic F1 GP2 Championship

So, just got told that im getting paid this week, so next week i'll be back up and racing! Woot!

Yayyy freds

i just ate the biggest serving of silverside with mash spuds and cheese sauce , i feel so fat , so no not me not tonight

sounds good nuke , if caelum dosent mind ?

still dont care what car~

Me and you champ, choose our team!

So, just got told that im getting paid this week, so next week i'll be back up and racing! Woot!

Sounds good Fredz, see you on the track. :)

i just ate the biggest serving of silverside with mash spuds and cheese sauce , i feel so fat , so no not me not tonight

sounds good nuke , if caelum dosent mind ?

still dont care what car~

Me and you champ, choose our team!

k

i chooooooooose ......... Williams

Just cos I can, heres some pictures of my current Semi-temporary rig. Would be interested to see what you other guys use.

Mine is a custom Wooden rig built by myself and my father, roughly shaped like and F1 car. haha. It has a height adjustable 'dashboard' to raise and lower the steering wheel. The seat is a drivers seat from a VS Commodore (which I bought as I also have a VS Commodore as my daily driver, comfy enough seats) I am going to reverse mount the pedals as soon as my 1 year warranty on the G27 expires, then finish the paint job and add some decals to finish it off. But it's nearly always a work in progress.

I have drawn up plans to build my own triple monitor mount, so that I can ditch the big wooden shelf, that makes the two edge monitors droop a bit. Will also be moving this PC onto the rig permanantly when I buy my new Ivy Bridge PC in a few weeks. Which will be great, not having to re-arrange my whole room when I don't want to place racing games.

Posted Image

Frontage

Posted Image

Backage

Posted Image

Driver's view, or there abouts.

Posted Image

Dymo labels for my bindings. Also have Lean, Standard and Rich mapped onto the shifter buttons.

Posted Image

In the 'Workshop'

Posted Image

Shifter mount and keyboard shelf for a Logitech K400

Posted Image

Converted back to Desktop mode (its current state)

Teams have been updated as follows

Drivers and Teams

Ferrari

Caelum (Chigerama)

Red Bull / Red Frog

fredzfrog (fredzfrog)

Mac Dude (BreakerMorant)

Renault

nobody813 (CruiserComet)

Toro Rosso

fallen19 (bleak19)

Williams

NukeJockey (NukeJockey)

st8smn (st8smn350)

Looks like a good lineup:-D

Nice cockpit fallen, I don't have the skills, tools or anything else to build a cockpit, so I bought a Next Level Racing GTxtreme:

Posted Image

Using a Fanatec CSR Wheel and CSR Elite Pedals, no shifter installed atm, on the lookout for a G25/G27 shifter.

Doesn't have a PC set up on it, so I play mostly GT5 on PS3 and Forza 4 on 360.

Nice setup fallen! Love how it all packs up, real nice.

Goooo team Williams!

Time for a driver development program, bring GP2 Williams drivers up into the GP1 league ;)

Some wonderful setups here. Will have to make an effort when I get the driver section back up to include pictures.

Im torn ... need help (in many MANY ways)

I just knocked off work early and im keen to build something...

either another racing sim or a 15-20hp go-kart.

thoughts ?

thoughts ?

Make a cockpit and sell it. If Pagnian imports can sell a next level racing gtxtreme for $560, I'm sure you could come up with something to sell on ebay for a couple of hundred.

A racing sim built on a go-kart.

LOL so i can drive it into the lounge and park-up infront of the 55'' tv to play F1

thoughts ?

Make a cockpit and sell it. If Pagnian imports can sell a next level racing gtxtreme for $560, I'm sure you could come up with something to sell on ebay for a couple of hundred.

yeah but postage is the killer .

spose i could have a go at a semi lightweight foldable setup and try n sell without a seat

even still its going to weigh a fair bit, my first one weighs like 50 ish kg thats why i put it on castors.

hhhmmmm

yeah k ill update tonight

Nice cockpit Fallen. My old man wouldn't hear of me building one out of wood. He is a boilermaker and nuttin beats steel in his mind.

St8smn, Build both and have the cockpit control the GoKart via radio.

Everyones got a nice racing setup :) i only got a table and 1 monitor :( But im looking to upgrage in a couple of months probally get the triple monitors happening but i need a new graphix card as well as my gts 250 only supports two monitors.

Edited by timf25

Everyones got a nice racing setup :) i only got a table and 1 monitor :( But im looking to upgrage in a couple of months probally get the triple monitors happening but i need a new graphix card as well as my gts 250 only supports two monitors.

The guys with "extreme" setups is still minimal, but expanding haha

I don't have enough space in my room to have the kind of setup, but I'm reasonably happy with the way mine is. Just gotta stop that vibrating HDD :-/

Having a cool setup doesn't automatically make you faster etither. :p

Any of you GP2 guys been doing much practising? I haven't fired F1 up since sunday night. First week back at work after the holidays so haven't had much to do anything fun. haha.

Having a cool setup doesn't automatically make you faster etither. :p

Any of you GP2 guys been doing much practising? I haven't fired F1 up since sunday night. First week back at work after the holidays so haven't had much to do anything fun. haha.

True haha. As for practicing, I don't practice anymore. See no point after my issues in GP1, and the fact that I have better things to do :-P