basketballfreak6

For those of you using Dell's U series IPS panel...

Planning to buy the U2711 monitor in the next couple days...reading up reviews on the U2711 and generally very good but saw some mention the AG can be annoying or affect IQ etc...any opinions? TIA!

I'm no expert, but I can't find fault in my U2311H.

Friend and I were playing LotR: War in the North with our PCs side by side. Mine looked fantastic, whereas his monitor showed the same game but with a completely different colour profile, the colours were all very washed out in comparison.

I've had absolutely no issue with my U2311H.

I'm no expert, but I can't find fault in my U2311H.

Friend and I were playing LotR: War in the North with our PCs side by side. Mine looked fantastic, whereas his monitor showed the same game but with a completely different colour profile, the colours were all very washed out in comparison.

I've had absolutely no issue with my U2311H.

thanks Ninja, that's what i want to hear! and do you personally notice the input lag issues they like to talk about with IPS panels?

I'm using the U2711 and I don't notice the anti-glare coating at all. I can see it if i stare, but otherwise no.

I don't notice any input lag in BF3, it's by far the best monitor i've ever owned for gaming, work and photos.

Edited by smakme7757

I've had a 2711 since release day and I owned a 2709 before that when AG was an issue to me.

Not anymore I cant fault it for anything. As Smakme7757 said no input lag is noticeable and its by far the best monitor I've ever seen and owned. Highly recommend.

I got mine for 649 a very long time ago. Try for that.

thanks mudg3

yea was on the phone with a rep before, she was trying very hard to only give me the 15% racq discount but i was pushing for about $650, she said she can't do that price because the promo is not on for that monitor but under my insistance she's going to check with her manager when he goes into work and call me back hahaha

Edited by basketballfreak6

Good stuff. I know its a hard price even if you can get $700 its still a bargin.

Good stuff. I know its a hard price even if you can get $700 its still a bargin.

absolutely! so i assume you got it during promotion? or did you manage to bargain it down to $650

Promotion, But my RACQ voucher worked on top of it. haha :D

oh man that's awesome lol

actually pretty good they let u use that on top of promo

and while i am asking questions have you tried playing games not at native res and see how it looks? don't know if i want to invest in a new gfx card atm so may have to run games at 1920x1080 :-/

I'm using the U2711 and I don't notice the anti-glare coating at all. I can see it if i stare, but otherwise no.

I don't notice any input lag in BF3, it's by far the best monitor i've ever owned for gaming, work and photos.

^ This. I own one too and have the same praise for it.

As for gaming at a lower res, it can look OK, but it definitely is not ideal. 27" is a rather large monitor to be sat so close to. I ran mine on 1920x1080 for a day or two while I waited for my Display Port cable to come from EBay, and it looked OK to me, but after seeing 2560x1440 I couldn't ever go back. It looks no where near as nice, as pixel size increases drastically to fill out the 27" screen.

Awesome screen, I got one due in part to the recommendation and positive feedback of mudg3 and nesquick and couldn't be happier. great for anything from general work to games and even movies and watching live TV (makes a great TV screen for watching stuff which on the internet in livestream)

i watched the F1 livestream and a leg of the volvo ocean race on it the other day on it and it was crystal clear.

Only downside is if your a FPS nut (must have high FPS) then you will want a decent graphic card to run it.

Ive got a review on this monitor which im writing at the moment (which i need to finish) and ill try and cover as much as possible as i can.

If you want something cover then pm me.

Edited by jdog

U2410 here, love the anti-glare. Only problem is large diffuse light from my window, solved by closing the blinds in late afternoon. Other than that it doesn't reflect points of light behind me and is perfectly clear - I love it :)

i would rather it didnt have the anti glare and think it could look a lot better without it but then i like using it in a dark room

even with the coating it still looks better than most monitors but it is tempting to try removing it

well update...those guys at Dell just won't budge...no discount means no discount lol (and i tried pretty hard haha)

only thing they willing to do is 15% off for racq members lol

one rep i spoke to online chat said there may be promotion on in one month's time...so thinking i may wait a bit

but good to see so many positive responses on this monitor tho, really could use an IPS screen for my photography XD

I want a 2711 with LED backlighting, a USB 3.0 hub, a 120Hz refresh rate and SFA lag.

The U2412M is down to $279 as well. Is that a good price, or are there still better alternatives around at the 24" size? I'm doing a full system upgrade in the next month, and am wondering if it's worth picking this up while it's on special.

I want a 2711 with LED backlighting, a USB 3.0 hub, a 120Hz refresh rate and SFA lag.

would be so nice :P

The U2412M is down to $279 as well. Is that a good price, or are there still better alternatives around at the 24" size? I'm doing a full system upgrade in the next month, and am wondering if it's worth picking this up while it's on special.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2412m.htm

it should be a nice monitor for it's price, of course the non-M version is going to be better, but big price difference as well

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2412m.htm

it should be a nice monitor for it's price, of course the non-M version is going to be better, but big price difference as well

I'd read that review previously and it seems like a pretty good screen. I know it's not a 2410 or 2711, but neither of those are really within my price range. I think this might be a little ANZAC day pressie for myself.

I tried putting in my RACQ discount as well, but it looks like you can't use more than one coupon at a time. Anyone know if this is the case?

*Edit*

Order placed and screen's on its way. I did a live chat with Dell and they confirmed that I couldn't use the RACQ discount in addition to the special. I'm definitely still happy with $279. Now for the rest of the system upgrade...

Edited by discoInferno