basketballfreak6

For those of you using Dell's U series IPS panel...

The U2412M is down to $279 as well. Is that a good price, or are there still better alternatives around at the 24" size? I'm doing a full system upgrade in the next month, and am wondering if it's worth picking this up while it's on special.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2412m.htm

it should be a nice monitor for it's price, of course the non-M version is going to be better, but big price difference as well

I'd read that review previously and it seems like a pretty good screen. I know it's not a 2410 or 2711, but neither of those are really within my price range. I think this might be a little ANZAC day pressie for myself.

I tried putting in my RACQ discount as well, but it looks like you can't use more than one coupon at a time. Anyone know if this is the case?

*Edit*

Order placed and screen's on its way. I did a live chat with Dell and they confirmed that I couldn't use the RACQ discount in addition to the special. I'm definitely still happy with $279. Now for the rest of the system upgrade...

i think mudg3 managed to get them to put racq discount on top of promo, i didn't bother myself since i am done trying to talk to dell reps lol...think it's luck of the draw as i've read on ozbargain for example they had rep doing deals for them outside promo period whereas i tried 3 diff reps last week and non budged

anyway congrats on your screen, can't wait to see mine

Wait until something on that res. It will take a little to get used too but then its perfection.

Wait until something on that res. It will take a little to get used too but then its perfection.

yea def needs getting used to, damn sharp tho, i think i need to borrow friend's calibrator too...i think WB is a little bit off looking little blue

Congrats man! That was pretty quick delivery - still waiting for my screen to arrive! Not 27", but excited none the less :)

What GPU have you got running that thing?

Congrats man! That was pretty quick delivery - still waiting for my screen to arrive! Not 27", but excited none the less :)

What GPU have you got running that thing?

thanks disco, atm just a gtx560 ti, which runs fair few games fine at 2560x1440, but like i said b4 tried bf3 even at 1920x1080 still looked better than my old 2407 running native at 1920x1200 lol

hope you get yours soon, you'll love that IPS panel

Mine just arrived today and got it hooked up tonight... VERY nice. I've used a few Dell 24" screens at work (no idea what models), and this is far and away better. Bolder, brighter colours, and a much sharper image.

Been looking through some holiday photos I took last year and the colours look so much better than I thought! :) Can't wait to get some BF3 going on it tomorrow and see how it fairs.

Nice work.

Also the U2711 is down to $674 for anyone interested.

I looked at them, looked again then went for the U2412M. Can't really justify buying something I don't really have room for on my desk :)

Anyone know how long they take to deliver on average?

Yeah I was the same. As much as I'd love the full 27" I just couldn't justify it. Plus the extra GPU power to drive it.

Don't know about average but I'd say a week is pretty safe.

I've ordered a few 27" Monitors from Dell over the years, generally 7-10 business day delivery is my experience.

Thinking about ordering a pair of 27's for the wife. She's jealous of mine.

I'd say they sent you the same email.

Your Estimated Delivery Date for this order is on or before 2012-09-03

Hope its before

I'd say they sent you the same email.

Your Estimated Delivery Date for this order is on or before 2012-09-03

Hope its before

Your Estimated Delivery Date for this order is on or before 2012-09-05

Tasmania is apparently the end of the Earth.

Just to jump back to the OP's question, I got a Dell U2711 in the last few months. I had read online all about people's issues with the anti-glare coating, going as far as scraping it off!

I got the monitor, and yes, I noticed the anti-glare coating. It's not terrible though. I am pretty sure I wouldn't have even noticed it had I not been reading about other people going crazy over it.

Have had the monitor for about 6 months now I think, and it didn't take long to *completely* forget about the anti-glare coating. It's really a non-issue in my opinion.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

I have a Dell U30##

It's fantastic although, and I don't know if this is a function of being an IPS panel, it took me ages to get the backlight/contrast/brightness settings right. Spent the first three months with sore eyes.

Wouldn't go back to TN now.

Texted received yesterday. It will be delivered between 9am-1pm Monday 27-08-12. So you should also see it before the 5th

I am happy with that news.

Hey Frobozz

How about sharing some of you settings.

I have the spyder2 express will this help or is it only with colours ?

cheers

Edited by Tunnel_Rat

Texted received yesterday. It will be delivered between 9am-1pm Monday 27-08-12. So you should also see it before the 5th

I am happy with that news.

Hey Frobozz

How about sharing some of you settings.

I have the spyder2 express will this help or is it only with colours ?

cheers

According to their website they haven't even dispatched the order yet.

Fuckers.

U2711 ordered on the 22nd of August, supposed to arrive on the 31st, arrived yesterday.

So much for the surprise gift to the wife....

Mine too, showed up a whole week earlier than the estimate. I am not at all displeased by this.

It arrived earlier than expected and that's a bad thing?

Yeah, it was supposed to be a surprise for our 15th anniversary, still the flowers I sent to her at work on the day won me some major brownie points.