Sign in to follow this  
ReapermanRS

What would you like to see a remake or sequel of?

Dungeon keeper and theme hospital. Pretty much everything made by Bullfrog. Damn they made some awesome games...

-X

Oohh... Syndicate. Ok, now you've made me need to change my pants. I hope you're happy! ;P

Someone is remaking Syndicate, but well not called Syndicate.

Haven't they already re-made Syndicate...? http://www.ea.com/syndicate Its just banned here in Australia...

From Dust looks fun, but I still yearn for a real Populous remake.

Black Tiger and the arcade version of Willow. I could never finish Black Tiger though, I only ever managed to get to the last boss with my dad.

And maybe Descent as well, although according to wiki it's coming out on wii. lol.

I loved Black Tiger, I could complete it on 1 credit which was about 20 or 40 cents :D much better value than Detona which would cost1 or 2 dollars and win or loose it was game over in 2 to 5 mins.

Double dragon was another hard one but doable on 1 credit.

I'd like to see a remake of Battlefield 1942, infantry (Rifle/sniper/bazooka), Pilot (propeller fighters and bombers), Tanks, AirCraft carriers, battleships and submarines. Oh and keep the old mechanics of enemy spoted in your field of view and the spotter is the one that flashes on the map, not how it is done these days where the you spot some one and they have a little triangle of their position on the map. I miss the game and dislike BF3 unfortunately.

Finally I would love to see Interstate 76 remade, the story was great and the driving, stunts and car combat was awesome fun. Multiplayer/Lan was great too.

Edit

Id like to also see Mount and Blade remade into a AAA MMO or Multiplayer game. War of the Roses (in ALFA) is a step in the right dirrection but Id like to see a conquest side and not only the battle zones (FPS style) of game play.

Edited by Harro2

Also anyone who ever owned a Commodore could tell me what the name of a game was where you had a Biplane and you had to take off and fly over to the enemy base and bomb their barracks/hanger before they did the same to you. It was a two player game and from memory the worldmap wrapped around and you could kill a blimp and a sub for bonus points.

Can't recall that game specifically but it sounds similar to Sopwith (pc) or Wings of Fury (Amiga). A new Wings of Fury would be awesome.

+1 to whoever mentioned Silkworm as well.

+100 to whoever said Flashback too.

Three words.

World

In

Conflict

This so needs a sequel.

Re-makes:

Empire Earth

Red Faction (the original fps)

All the Quakes - oh except enemy territory that was balls

Hexen

Haven't they already re-made Syndicate...? http://www.ea.com/syndicate Its just banned here in Australia...

THAT

is not

Syndicate!

Furthermore, it's fucking EA - the company who have managed to fuck up everything on which they have ever laid hands, and who ignore even user comments to devs in their own forums.

Unfortunately, I have to disagree as that remake wasn't done by Kojimi and co. I'd say it's more an alternative telling of the story

Truly?

I haven't actually played it, my copy is unopened on a shelf at home, but ye olde wiki says it's the same game on the updated engine?

It does list some differences, like Naomi and Mei Ling's accents and improved enemy AI, but not enough difference to be an "alternative telling" surely?

THAT

is not

Syndicate!

Furthermore, it's fucking EA - the company who have managed to fuck up everything on which they have ever laid hands, and who ignore even user comments to devs in their own forums.

Who needs to comment on the game itself when we can dismiss it based on publisher, right? : p

THAT

is not

Syndicate!

Who needs to comment on the game itself when we can dismiss it based on publisher, right? : p

yes, but it still stands that it isn't syndicate.

Unfortunately, I have to disagree as that remake wasn't done by Kojimi and co. I'd say it's more an alternative telling of the story

Truly?

I haven't actually played it, my copy is unopened on a shelf at home, but ye olde wiki says it's the same game on the updated engine?

It does list some differences, like Naomi and Mei Ling's accents and improved enemy AI, but not enough difference to be an "alternative telling" surely?

So bullet time cinematics and as well as the engine being a complete bastard to run doesn't paint a good picture for me.

Besides, Kojima did an excellent job with redoing Shadow Moses for MGS4.

Furthermore, it's fucking EA...

"Furthermore" indicating a secondary point, as opposed to the primary one...

yes, but it still stands that it isn't syndicate.

See - he gets it.

You're getting crotchety in your old age, Nich. ;P

"That game is not a 19 year old game because it is not 19 years old" seemed like not much of an argument, so I didn't feel it warranted much attention ; )

I hear at least half of the newest Syndicate is good. I just can't remember if that was the SP or MP half :

I want this remade and rebooted right fucking now.

F.E.A.R

Fuck all the Fears after the first. Just redo it all and hire some real Japanese horror nuts for bone chilling scares.

Three words.

World

In

Conflict

I loved that game. The gameplay system was fabulous. Graphics were amazing for that time.

Would love another one. I wouldn't mind more futuristic RTS.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Free

Lancer

^

Red Faction

Half-Life *cough cough* Black Mesa Source

and a sequel to Half Life 2: Episode 2 would be nice.

Free

Lancer

^

Red Faction

Half-Life *cough cough* Black Mesa Source

and a sequel to Half Life 2: Episode 2 would be nice.

Half Life Episode 3.... sometime in this generation I hope.

"That game is not a 19 year old game because it is not 19 years old" seemed like not much of an argument, so I didn't feel it warranted much attention ; )

I hear at least half of the newest Syndicate is good. I just can't remember if that was the SP or MP half :<

I take it back: you're not getting crotchety - you're going senile. ;P

The original Bullfrog Syndicate was a tactical game. You control a party of 4 agents, whom you could fit out with differing gear in order to fill differing roles (fire support, artillery etc). Most of the time, successful completion of a mission depended on deploying your squad members to the correct areas in order to funnel the opposition or provide crossfire zones.

The new EA Syndicate is a FPS. I understand there is a 4-person co-op mode, which includes some missions inspired by the original game, but even that is not the same concept.

Senile would be forgetting the pretty terrible 'oh look it's in 3d!' sequel from the mid 90s - Syndicate Wars ; )

Don't get me wrong, I like tactical squad combat games. But i'd rather have Enemy Unknown remade before Syndicate. Unless they did a mashup. Then I'd need new pants.

Star Wars Rebellion. In the total war engine.

I could finally relive my fantasies of galactic domination and world destroying.

Star Wars: Empire at War. In the CoH engine!

I still remain adamant that you could prolly take any universe (eg. Star Wars, Star Trek, Star Gate, Mad Max) into the CoH engine and it would be a mad RTS... even though DoW2 was a bit of a let down, but lets ignore that...

Star Wars Rebellion. In the total war engine.

I could finally relive my fantasies of galactic domination and world destroying.

A Clone War premise would be fascinating but with the rebellion alliance would seem a little farfetched.

A new starwars battle front game! maybe using the frost bite 2 engine that would be sweet!

and Tenchu Z which was a pretty sweet ninja game, wasn't that popular i don't think.

I'd like to see remakes of:

Moonstone - very fun game on the old A500 lots of gore

Lotus 2 - one of my favourite racing games on the Amiga

Dark Forces & Dark Forces 2, I wish Lucasarts would release Star Wars games of this calibre again.

X-Wing vs Tie Fighter

Grand Prix 4

Stunt Car Racer - The time is right for a sequel Geoff

Elite

I hear at least half of the newest Syndicate is good. I just can't remember if that was the SP or MP half :<

The SP Half, MP was rubbish.