relativenewbie

mouse mat worthwhile?

Hey

I've been using a razer deathadder for a couple of weeks now without a mouse mat and everything seems to be working great.

I was wondering whether it was worth getting a mouse mat and if there was any noticeable difference between the razer mantis speed/control mouse pads?

relativenewbie

Wether you get a kousepad depends on a few things.

1. Is the mouse not slippery enough on your desk?

2. Do you LAN alot?

Personal, I use a mousepad 'cause a normal desk is not slippery enough, and I want the same surface at any LAN I go to.

I've just gone from the Control to the Speed, in Razer Mantis mousepads. The Control is covered in little "bumps" that reduce friction, the Speed is more smoother.

The Control is more "fast" as in, you will be able to move the mouse with less resistance on it.

I used to not use a mouse mat, but since getting a new desk I've found I've had to.

The old one was small but had a decent lacquered finish on it. I bought a bigger desk recently but it's made out of chip board probably and has a fake timber laminate on it. Found after a couple days my mouse was starting to wear through the laminate stuff, so got a mouse pad just to protect the desk.

Got the Razor Destructor. It's a lot more 'slippery' than I like but it's metal and good quality build so I'll last longer than those cloth/hard plastic mats.

I never used to use one at home, until I grabbed one out of curiosity more than anything.

I love my mousepad, it makes every movement more accurate, and I find I can use a higher DPI for normal stuff, moving my hand less (ok, I admit, I'm very lazy >.>). I wouldn't go back to not using one at home.

Im using the razer goliathus i bought it from live 08. ITS GREAT and VERY comfortable. I recommend this over the other razer mousepads.

Bought myself a new desk a few years ago, and I didn't want to create a 'wear patch' where I use the mouse. So, I picked up a 40cm x 40cm laminex offcut. The offcut is sitting on some thin rubber 'lattice' so it doesn't move.

Are those teflon mouse feet things you can get any good, or does it depend again on the surface of the desk?

I have upgraded from a red mouse pad to a blue one! Noticeable difference indeed, the red one was faster. :P

I have never put that much thought into my mouse pad, I have just used an old generic (kinda this foam stuff) red one my dad once had on his P1 Osborne computer until it wore out and I found another generic blue one lying around.

Have been thinking of investing in a proper brand/gaming mouse pad though, as the blue one is getting a bit shabby.

Hey

I've been using a razer deathadder for a couple of weeks now without a mouse mat and everything seems to be working great.

I was wondering whether it was worth getting a mouse mat and if there was any noticeable difference between the razer mantis speed/control mouse pads?

relativenewbie

First off nice choice of mouse the Deathadder is a true weapon I have one at work and at home and it is a champ as a daily driver and gaming mouse. Sure it has a cord

but if you sort your cable management the cable shouldn't ever bother you and it's worth it for the no lag and the joy of never having to put a mouse in a cradle or switch

a battery.

The Deathadder works fine on a flat surface I have a chipboard corner desk with laminex coating that has a really stupid join / seam where my old wireless MS mouse sat

and it would jump around like a skitz whenever I hit that line. Since I got the mouse and Mantis control pad (pure justice) I just covered up the desk join and my issues have gone.

The Deathadder has 3 super glidey feet of slippery radness (technical term) that makes it work really well on any surface pad or otherwise but without a pad you will get a desk

gunk buildup very quickly and you are not making the best use out of the mouse.

The Mantis Control mouse pad is plenty fast enough it's slower than the Speed version but I use Excel, CS etc all day at work then go home and shoot tangos and blow shit up and the pad and mouse both work a treat in either setting.

The best part about the Huge Razer pads is they can double as a drink coaster because you never use the full pad and I have mine vertical and set very deep on my desk (I like my elbows on the desk) You can stash you phone a mini keyboard or another controller on it and still have plenty of room.

Small mouse pads eat a bag of dicks I hate mouse lift and the bigger pads help stop that.

For $20 bucks you really cannot get a much better pc upgrade and you already have the Deathadder you should just get one you will love it.

Big Pads and Wired Rodents FTW!

Posted Image