I bought myself a coolermaster storm inferno about a year ago, and i must say i don't have any gripes about it. It is my first *proper* mouse, and it continues to serve me very well. I got it for NZD$100 (yes, i am a New Zealander), so it isnt exactly cheap.

The software it comes with is great, or at least i think so. i am a true noob when it comes to the whole mouse software side of things, but it certainly looks like the software can be used for some pretty good tweaking.

The mouse itself has 11 buttons, and i must admit, i have never used 2 of them, but it is nice to know you have more buttons that could be used should a need arise. 2 of these buttons are used to go through 5 dpi settings, up to 4000dpi, and it possible to switch between 4 modes, 3 custom. the buttons themselves are very nice to press, and i have used the mouse for straight 24hrs without any problems, it fits my hand very well- although it might not fit some large handed people. The lighting is also pretty cool- i've never had it before on a mouse, so i may also just be overexcited.

My only problems with it are that the markings of the dpi settings( ie. 1,2,3,4,5) have completely gone, as well as the build quality not being quite 100%, maybe more like 95-98ish. The top dpi setting(4000dpi) also makes the mouse quite sensitive, something i had to get used to as i use my touchpad on the laptop as well- so changing mouse sensitivity in windows isn't an option.

overall, I think that the coolermaster storm inferno is definitely a mouse worth considering, even if i don't know much about mice.

Picked up a Corsair M60, the price was too tempting. Initial impressions to follow.

This is a sexy bit of kit, I have rarely if ever seen a piece of hardware that just screams quality like this thing does. The uni-body aluminum construction is beautifully done and that chunky scroll wheel says "Look at me, I am a serious peripheral for serious gamers"

Coming from a G5 I find it to be slightly smaller but not uncomfortable in the seven or so hours I have been using it. Accuracy is as good if not better than the G5 and while I am still getting used to it it seems to track slightly smoother and feels 'glidyer' on the pad.

A few gripes. I have small hands (little girls hands in fact, they are tiny) and short fingers and my thumb can only just touch the sniper button without having to shift my whole hand, it's slightly irritating but I've only tried to use it two or three times in World of Warplanes and it didn't trouble me greatly. The Corsair software is bare-bones in comparison to Logitech's, not as intuitive it took me a few minutes to find the settings I wanted and maybe ten or fifteen minutes to set the mouse up just right. This could be my fault though as I have been using a G5 exclusively for 7 or so years. The macro recording works well and is easy to set up, you can also turn off (most) of the illumination.

Overall from the short time I've had with it I have to say it's a quality piece of gear, only time will tell if I hang on to it but I have absolutely no hesitation in urging you to try one before your next purchase.

I've kind of narrowed my next mouse down to the G700 or the M90.

After reading reviews on the M90 yesterday, it seems you can bind keyboard keys to the buttons, but you can't 'hold' the buttons down.

Like, PTT, or holding a grenade down. It will just push and release the button straight away.

Can you please test this out Reaper? Let us know, thanks.

I've kind of narrowed my next mouse down to the G700 or the M90.

After reading reviews on the M90 yesterday, it seems you can bind keyboard keys to the buttons, but you can't 'hold' the buttons down.

Like, PTT, or holding a grenade down. It will just push and release the button straight away.

Can you please test this out Reaper? Let us know, thanks.

It's slightly tricky but completely do able, you have to set it to seconds rather than recording the actual length of the keypress if you look at the picture you just define n and it works.

Played around with it some more and I don't know what they are on about, the first of the Playback options pushes the key once regardless of how long you held it down for, the second lets you set an amount keypresses, the third makes the key stay in whilst you hold the button in and the fourth acts as a switch, one click to turn on and another to turn off. You can also set advanced options like lock pc or launch program or simple things like cut and paste. Took me maybe five minutes of playing around with to work it all out.

Posted Image

Another thing I should mention is Corsair does not bundle drivers, they quite rightly assume anyone who buys this mouse is going to download the latest driver software off of the net.

Thanks, the scales are slowly tipping the other way.

I'll only download drivers for most hardware I buy usually anyway.

Gonna have a bit more reading around, look at some comparisons.

How do all of the buttons feel? Clicking/sensitivity of clicking etc.

Thanks, the scales are slowly tipping the other way.

I'll only download drivers for most hardware I buy usually anyway.

Gonna have a bit more reading around, look at some comparisons.

How do all of the buttons feel? Clicking/sensitivity of clicking etc.

Solid, yet to have a misclick which I find plagues Razer meece, the middle mouse button is rather heavy but I like it, you can't accidentally push it whilst scrolling. The DPI adjustments are further back than the G5 and more of a stretch but I'll accept that as they're next to impossible to bump accidentally. I wish the two side buttons where further back as only the rear one is much use to me but I had the exact problem with the G5, must be the way I hold the mouse.

The more I use it the more I like it. It's by no means perfect but definitely very good.

I only used my G700 for a week or 2. It felt cheap and vaguely unpleasant to use.

The M90 looks a little thin and the buttons look like your fingers would be stretched forward where I prefer a clawing type of shape to my hand, like holding a beer. But I'd be interested in trying it out one day.

I just don't need another mouse at the moment, so it may never happen.

I only used my G700 for a week or 2. It felt cheap and vaguely unpleasant to use.

The M90 looks a little thin and the buttons look like your fingers would be stretched forward where I prefer a clawing type of shape to my hand, like holding a beer. But I'd be interested in trying it out one day.

I just don't need another mouse at the moment, so it may never happen.

I didn't need one either but I happened to be drunk and browsing PCCG......

I'm only looking at getting a new one because my x8 gets major interference from my router. So lame.

Was using a Deathadder V2 but changed to a Roccat Kova Gaming Mouse last week and it's been a blast. I'm still not completely used to it, but for a $49 mouse it has a whole ton of features and fits a twitch gamer very nicely. Small mouse, very maneuverable, but not uncomfortable to hold.

I'll likely go back and forth between the Deathadder and Kova a bit, and may even end up using both on separate titles, but at the moment I'm happy with it.

I can't wait for the new Roccat keyboards to come out, we saw some exciting things at Computex. Seems like a gimmick at first, but it's actually useful. Can monitor temperatures and system info, join and leave TS/Vent/Skype calls and channels, check emails, facebook, twitter and more all from your phone plugged into the keyboard. You can pretty much add anything you want to the screen, and it's open to modding.

That Roccat system monitoring tech looks quite neat. I don't think I'd replace my keyboard, but I'm sure I saw them talking about a standalone phone dock that will do the same thing. Will be very cool. I'm missing system monitoring now that I don't have my G15 with it's screen!

On mice, I'm eager to see what reviewers think of the Razer Taipan unveiled at E3. My DeathAdder is great, but I'm more of a fingertip grip user, and the Taipan looks to be made more for that grip.

Sorry for the double post, but this felt like the best thread to mention rather than starting an entirely new one.

I ordered a Razer Taipan the other day, with any luck it should be with me before the end of the week. I'm looking forward to seeing if the shape works well with my fingertip grip style, and seeing how the new 4G dual sensor (8200DPI which is crazy overkill) compares to the optical sensor on my DeathAdder.

I'll be happy to post impressions/pics etc if anybody is interested.

Local store got some Corsair products in finally so I picked up a Corsair M60 to try.

I'll be reselling it I think.

It's too big for me so I find it uncomfortable and taxing to use. My Razer Imperator still feels a lot more comfortable (though not perfect). I really like the covering of the mouse more than my Razer. It's that kind of plastic/rubbery stuff, but it doesn't feel like it will have dust sticking to it like some Razer's do.

It tracks really well though so I'd have no problem recommending it to anyone else with larger hands. It's very smooth and accurate.

I'm not sure I was too happy with the buttons. I found the left/right click to be a little to light. This usually results in me accidentally pressing right click a lot. By comparison, the middle click was a touch on the too-firm side. The scroll wheel felt great though, if you're into the heavy weight feel. Sniper button works, but my thumb couldn't reach it so I didn't really bother using it.

Speaking of weights, there are 3 weights that you can remove. I found it more comfortable with them all out.

A real shame none of my local stores have all these mice out to try. I tried feeling it through the packaging, but that was never going to be an accurate assessment.

Well Iv been using the same mouse for many years now, the Razer/Microsoft Habu. It combined the comfort of a microsoft mouse with the "guts/tech" of Razer (which at the time were cutting edge gamer kit). Iv tried many mouses over this time, most of the Razer range/logitech/microsoft.

I still keep coming back to the Habu, very comfortable and almost perfect weight and button placement. I do have to say that the Razer softwear is a bit of a pain in the ars to use, but it does the job.

About the only mouse that has got me interested in getting is the corsair M60. That looks the bomb and seems to be a good bit of kit from all the reveiws i can find on it.

The only reason im looking for a replacement is that Razer stopped making the Habu a few years ago :(

Edited by dishd

I have a Mamba which I use as my main mouse. I bought it because I wanted a cordless mouse to replace the corded RAT 7. The RAT 7 I enjoyed using very much after a few days of small tweaks to get it feeling right. I do have very large hands which I think is part of the reason why both of these mouses feel so comfortable to use. I have mates who also have these models and say they feel too big for them and therefore kind of wrong. If you have 'normal' sized hands I'd have to recommend a Logitech G9.

Edited by disolusiond

I'm rocking the Microsoft X9 wireless mouse. First wireless mouse I've owned that actuall works properly. No noticeable lag and can plug in and charge while still using it. Really happy with it.

X8 mouse.

I'm gonna sell mine soon too. Anyone interested in it? It's a couple of years old.

Might make a thread in the Trademart soon.

Also I'm gonna steer away from the Corsair mice. Lots of reviews say that the side buttons on the M90 are too hard to press for mid action. Plus I really want side scroll buttons.

I think I'm definitely going to get the G700.

I just can't find another mouse that's up to scratch in the way of features, and that is also not a Razer. Usually Logitech had been good to me, and the scroll wheel going funny was the only thing that steered me away to the X8. Time to go back.

Edited by bushi

I really wanna replace my Sidewinder mouse too but I'm really not sure what to pick.

I narrowed it down to the Sensei, M60 or Imperator. I'm gliding towards the Sensei just because of it's sheer power that all the reviews are raving about. Price tag still pretty harsh though.

David loved the M60 and his hands seems like mine... But if the button placement is bad on that thing then I guess I'll look elsewhere then.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

I've seen lots of bad feedback for Steel Series mice becoming faulty. I'm staying away.

I've seen lots of bad feedback for Steel Series mice becoming faulty. I'm staying away.

Even...the Sensei?

I know the other mouse were pretty shitty but this one too? This mouse's shape is ideal for me cause it's in the same shape as the BenQ mouse I've grown into when i was a kid.

What I hate about the X6 is that when I'm occasionally browsing and doing light stuff on computer, my hand would be reluctant to embrace the mouse and ends up just getting my fingers to do a probe around the mouse's buttons without the whole hand resting upon it.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

I am using a Sensei and it is by far the best mouse I have ever used or owned.(I could go through a big list but trust me, i have tried them all.)

Even...the Sensei?

I know the other mouse were pretty shitty but this one too? This mouse's shape is ideal for me cause it's in the same shape as the BenQ mouse I've grown into when i was a kid.

What I hate about the X6 is that when I'm occasionally browsing and doing light stuff on computer, my hand would be reluctant to embrace the mouse and ends up just getting my fingers to do a probe around the mouse's buttons without the whole hand resting upon it.

This is pretty much how I hold mine during normal use. Maybe a smidgen forward than this pic. I can't use it like full palm - Otherwise I can't even pick it up without it slipping down.

Posted Image

I just can't find another mouse that's up to scratch in the way of features, and that is also not a Razer.

You might have a completely different opinion to me, since how much a person likes a mouse can differ hugely between people, but I really didn't like the G700. I bought it because my previous favourite mouse was the Logitech G7, and this seemed to be the closest equivalent they sold at the time.

It felt kinda cheap, the fat plastic cable was quite inflexible which very occasionally affected mousing, I found it much too heavy for my tastes, and yeah, it really didn't impress me. I ended up selling it and replacing it with a Razer DeathAdder.

Purely out of interest, if a Razer ticks all the boxes you're after for features, why do you avoid them?

I just can't find another mouse that's up to scratch in the way of features, and that is also not a Razer.

You might have a completely different opinion to me, since how much a person likes a mouse can differ hugely between people, but I really didn't like the G700. I bought it because my previous favourite mouse was the Logitech G7, and this seemed to be the closest equivalent they sold at the time.

It felt kinda cheap, the fat plastic cable was quite inflexible which very occasionally affected mousing, I found it much too heavy for my tastes, and yeah, it really didn't impress me. I ended up selling it and replacing it with a Razer DeathAdder.

Purely out of interest, if a Razer ticks all the boxes you're after for features, why do you avoid them?

There's only one Razer that has the features that I would consider - The Naga Hex.

And that's only because of the ammount of buttons - The main feature I'm after.

Reading around the buttons seem to be way too sensitive, and I haven't heard so many great things about the software Razer uses (compared to bad things).

I've never really liked Razer and the fact that so many of their mice designs are the same doesn't interest me.