Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
saluy

g35 vs vengeance 1500 vs 777

hello people,

I need a gaming headset.

These 3 (up the top) are what I have come down too. Most of my mates have 777's and swear they are the best. But the g35's have the extra buttons and are meant to be great and on Tom's Hardware the 1500's got the best headsets to buy. So I have some trouble determining which to get. So if you could help that'd be appreciated.

Saluy

I have a 777 and love it, haven't used a G35 but I question the utility of buttons on a headset. The 1500 gets decent reviews but I haven't used one so can't tell you.

I own a G35 headset and it's great. The buttons on the headset are nice but I never use them because I've got buttons on my keyboard which have the same purpose as the ones on the headset.

Really good quality sound and great software also, just note when I first got them they hurt my head for the first week but now I don't even realise I have them on and they're really comfy.

After a lot of reading reviews and stuff. I have decided to get the corsair headset. Thanks guys.

I bought a Vengeance 1500. GOD THEY ARE SEX ON COMFORT AND AUDIO QUALITY.

CORSAIR FTW.

FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP

And for future reference. Always give it a week before you close the thread in sections such as these. Doesn't fill up quite as much as in Gaming or TGR but if you give it some time there will be more great advice coming about in time.

CORSAIR FTW.

FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP

And for future reference. Always give it a week before you close the thread in sections such as these. Doesn't fill up quite as much as in Gaming or TGR but if you give it some time there will be more great advice coming about in time.

oh christ think i just worked out what you do when you die in bf3 o_O

and to mention something on topic - i love my pc350s ^_^

CORSAIR FTW.

FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP

I haven't bought the headset yet, so its good to know that you like them and that I am making the right decision :)

I was worried because even though my head isn't abnormally large and looks absolutely normal, it's.... circumference or something made some headphones not fit onto me.

This one fit me just right. And it's comfortable to boot even when it's closed.

I was worried because even though my head isn't abnormally large and looks absolutely normal, it's.... circumference or something made some headphones not fit onto me.

This one fit me just right. And it's comfortable to boot even when it's closed.

I have a large head, size 59 in hats and the 777's are comfy for me, tempted to get a complete set of Corsair peripherals to test though.

The 777's are comfy but I just can't stand the bass, sound is a bit unbalanced in my opinion. So when I'm not on the mic I just resort to using my standard (Phillips SBC HP250) instead.

Edited by Blue Fire

personally i love my G35's. comfy enough to wear for 10+ hours. music and games aren't too harsh. can be a bit basey but if that is the sort of music you like then you'll love them.

you cant go wrong with any of them.

my mates 777's did break easily. he just put them on and they snapped :/ (he has a large head)

Edited by tunksy

Im not much of a fan of gaming headsets with mic's - you usually get average drivers and an average mic, but in a nice looking package.

I'm using some AD700s and a clip on mic and this sounds a lot better to me than any of the gaming headsets i've seen.

just another option to consider, if you haven't bought anything yet, or for anyone else reading this.

Edited by p0is0n

Im not much of a fan of gaming headsets with mic's - you usually get average drivers and an average mic, but in a nice looking package.

I'm using some AD700s and a clip on mic and this sounds a lot better to me than any of the gaming headsets i've seen.

just another option to consider, if you haven't bought anything yet, or for anyone else reading this.

That is true in some ways but my Corsair Vengeance has onboard Dolby sound channels built in packed as a 50mm driver which you can really hear great details in difference with. I don't see how above average a mike can be. The mike on the corsair headset is designed to be right next to my mouth and with even the most hushest voice I produce, my friends can hear me crystal clear on skype.

It's a win for me at especially 100 bucks.

I used an Audio Technica AD700 with a clip-on mic for a while, it was pretty great. I found a Turtle Beach EarForce Bravo which I now use for games, while I keep the AD700's for music listening. The mic on the Turtle Beach is better since I can mute it when need be, and according to friends my voice is a bit clearer and it doesn't pick up as much background noise as the old clip-on did. The TB headset is a little bassier too, so more appropriate for games I find, where musical accuracy is less of an issue.

Don't know if it's still relevant or not, but I recently bought some 1500s and I love them. Have used G35s in the past and I would certainly rather the Corsair set, comfy, good looking and the sound is pretty freakin awesome. Just my 2 cents.