ReapermanRS

Gigabyte G1-Sniper3 Motherboard

So I'm having trouble deciding on a board for my new build. I was planning on the ASRock Extreme 4 but as mentioned in the Ivy Bridge thread it doesn't actually conform to ATX standards and that has put me right off it. While trawling PCCG looking for a worthy new platform for my next 3 - 5 years of computing I ran across this insane piece of kit.

Reading down the list of features it seems to have everything including the kitchen sink as well as something I've never seen on a board before a built in front headphone amplifier. Now $435 is a shitload to spend on a z77 board but with a feature set that rich might it be worth it if you were planning on getting a sound card and wireless and also throwing in the ability to run sli or crossfire at 16x?

Edit: because I am a moron.

Edited by ReapermanRS

You've linked the AsRock Extreme6, but I'm assuming your referring to the Sniper3. Well there's this Gigabyte board http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_p...oducts_id=19858 which also has that sound/wifi connector. Just depends if you want all the extra features like more sata3 slots, dual 16x pcie, memory overclocking, etc. I personally don't think it's worth spending that much for dual 16x slots, if your more interested in the audio and wifi component you'd be better off getting a cheaper mobo and better quality sound and wifi cards.

Thanks for that, I had about ten tabs open I must've copied the wrong one. If it was $100 cheaper I'd have already ordered it but as you say it's a bit much for the privilege of dual x16 slots.

the sniper 3 is looking like a bloody good board that will actually rival the rog extreme model. 4 way sli and crossfire capable. comparebale to X79 but will still save a chunck of cash on the cpu.

if you can use the features and can afford it go for it.

You've linked the AsRock Extreme6, but I'm assuming your referring to the Sniper3. Well there's this Gigabyte board http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_p...oducts_id=19858 which also has that sound/wifi connector. Just depends if you want all the extra features like more sata3 slots, dual 16x pcie, memory overclocking, etc. I personally don't think it's worth spending that much for dual 16x slots, if your more interested in the audio and wifi component you'd be better off getting a cheaper mobo and better quality sound and wifi cards.

er........same brand of sound device, Creative, but different - the Sniper uses the Recon3D audio, the UD5 uses the X-Fi Xtreme Fidelity

;)

All me kunt, You should add me on battle log or go on steam again you punk.

If I was going to build a desktop that size (which I wouldn't because mini ITX is better in every way) I'd get a sabretooth and all black case, all black everything ie: http://www.overclock.net/t/1166662/re-buil...-sabertooth-p67

mudg3 showed me this ages ago so credit to him for finding it

Posted Image

LRN2RESIZETHATMUFFUKAASWEDONTALLHAVEHUGEASSTWENTYSEVENINCHMONITRONS.

LRN2RESIZETHATMUFFUKAASWEDONTALLHAVEHUGEASSTWENTYSEVENINCHMONITRONS.

not my picture

and my screen is 15"

I have the sniper 2 and it rocks judt go with it and get it , you will not be disappointed .

All me kunt, You should add me on battle log or go on steam again you punk.

why? then I have to listen to you complain about the scrubs at your workplace every night :S