Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Zzozzach

So, has anyone actually tried a Pizza Capers Inferno?

I've seen the ads on TV for the Pizza Capers 'Inferno', but I'd never given it a second thought until this evening when I was at my local store picking up a (decidedly wimpy) milder pizza. They actually have a disclaimer that you need to sign before they'll let you have one. It said things similar to:

"Warning: this pizza is VERY HOT!"

"You will not allow or coerce another person to eat this pizza without making them aware of how hot it is."

"You agree to keep this pizza away from children and pets."

"You agree to dispose of uneaten pizza in a responsible manner."

I don't know if the disclaimer is meant to be part of the whole charade or if it's genuinely serious. I tried finding it on their web site but I couldn't find it. There's a Facebook page where you can upload photos and video of people eating it. Their reactions seem pretty full-on.

I'm wondering if anyone here has actually tried one before. What's it like?

Here's the disclaimer you have to sign when you go to Novembar's in Perth:

Posted Image

Complete with authentic Asian Engrish. Makes it funnier though if you ask me. I didn't eat the hot one though, fuck that shit. I ate this:

Posted Image

That's seven 250g patties with eggs and bacon and salad and bun and a couple of Pepsi Max's because your mouth gets real dry after a while. Took effort. Got the chills two thirds of the way in, followed by a second wind that got me over the line.

Every fast food 'hot' thing has been incredibly weak in my experience. Presumably this is so to prevent whinging customers from demanding refunds/different burgers when it's too hot for them.

I did try a chunk of that super hot burger Tak posted about. Burnt my mouth for a good 15 minutes, certainly wouldn't want to eat a substantial amount of it.

Speaking of hot things is it just me or is Tabasco very mild these days? I swear it used to have far more kick but now I just shake the bottle till my lunch is orange, It actually tingles my lips more than burns my mouth.

yeah I've had the Inferno...wasn't hot at all. ..but I eat a lot of chilli.

Nandos has a extra special hot sauce in a bottle that comes with a warning on it, and that isnt so hot either, though hotter than the inferno.

The problem is, quite often the hotness varies because they are made from natural sources which of course have a natural variance in the levels of capsaicin or whatever it is that chilis have.

Speaking of hot things is it just me or is Tabasco very mild these days? I swear it used to have far more kick but now I just shake the bottle till my lunch is orange, It actually tingles my lips more than burns my mouth.

Yeah, its pretty weak now IMO... I do still like the taste though.

I intend on growing these (Moruga Scorpion) once i move out of our apartment.

I had a friend tell me that if anyone ate one i would be liable for their death.

Never tried the pizza capers inferno

but i did have a friend try to fuck me up with a 'sumo's pizza'

he rang up and asked for the hottest pizza to ever make out of their door, and then make it hotter, and then add a shitload of chilli flakes he says

Was awsome , noone else was game so i got to nom it all

each bite was like eating a handfull of birds eye chillies

each bite was like eating a handfull of birds eye chillies

I did that when I was 3. I seem to remember a lot of crying.

Yes I was a wuss at 3 but I got over it.

I still remember when i was a kid having the juice from a chilli on my hand and rubbing my eyes.

As you could imagine hilarity ensued.

I've never even heard of pizza capers, but looking at their site, theres only half a dozen stores in victoria and the closest one to me is over half an hour away.

If its anything like Phall/Phaal, as far as spice goes, then I'd probably love it.