Ezkaton

DayZ: An ARMA II zombie survival mod

Joining NZ3 now if anybody wants to join us... :)

I joined it now.

You're not there no more. -__-"

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Yeah... an hour and a half after I started. :p

I made my way to the NW airfield and attracted zombie attention somehow... then had a shootout with Kymatica trying to cover each other and I got popped by somebody else.

Somehow he stayed alive and tried to salvage most of my important gear, and as I was running back to get to my body.

Server crashed.

So I RQ.

Yeah... an hour and a half after I started. :p

then had a shootout with Kymatica trying to cover each other and I got popped by somebody else.

So I RQ.

So you're saying there were bandits camping near the NW airfield?

I made my way to the NW airfield and attracted zombie attention somehow...

Maybe the bandits had an Enfield. :P Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Not too sure what happened.

Ezkaton was chatting with someone else who was at the NW airfield.

I kept quiet in case shit got real, so I could be some surprise backup.

On our way there, Ezkaton agro'd a zombie, then all hell broke loose.

After trying my best to protect him, he dropped dead. I'm unsure if it was me who killed him, or someone/something else.

My murders and bandit kills remained the same. And I wasn't aiming at him.

But I saw nothing around but zombies.

After firing my Winchester wildly into the hoard, i ended up 20 zombie kills ahead, and down to around 3000 blood.

I managed to loot some of the important things from Ezkatons body, as to give it back to him when we meet up.

I swapped my Chezh back for his ALICE, and lost all of my contents (Grr!), then the server crashed.

So, I'm out in the open at the NW airfield with low blood for my next spawn!

Edited by viremia

I'll come get you im at stary currently but I need Ben to cover me as im out in the open too after that server crash the other night when we saw the chopper.

You mean the guy that just runs around everywhere attracting zombies constantly?

You mean the guy that just runs around everywhere attracting zombies constantly?

Yeah great fun.

Not when you've invested about 10 hours into a character and he's running around like a spastic almost getting everybody killed. :p

Found the new camo clothing, and changed my avatar to the zombie skin, and put tactical glasses on him. :p

Boss as fuck.

Posted Image

Just had a wicked shootout at the cherno grocers, everyone wanted me and my buddy for some reason. My friend got killed but I manage to leg it out just before he could take a me, so I double around and capped him as he looted my friend. After that another guy wanted to see what was going on, took some shots at me though the glass. Again I ran like a pussy and hid, shooting off the horde we attracted in the panic. Once they were dealt with I snuck back, leaning out from the building across the road looking thur the grey blurry haze that now was my vision. I shot pulling off another headshot.

So to me surprise one of these guys was fully kitted up, I'm now packing a GPS and NV goggles. WIN!

You can add my name to the list. Sherman, same as here.

SoaS and I have been playing this together. I like it so far, but we're finding that just before we get kitted up properly ready to explore the map, some bastard takes us out. We've been taken out by guys pretending to be friendly enough times to make us shoot on sight whenever we see people we don't know.

And that's the problem with this mod. As soon as you get kitted up and find a nice gun, you've got nothing to do except explore and kill other players and no consequences for doing so. Removing the forced bandit outfit was a stupid idea. I realise the dude who created this likes the idea of leaving the players to make up their own rules, but I think he should add in some things to give players more to do and encourage team work. As things are, SoaS' and my goal is to try and get kitted up without being killed and then head off to the north end of the map where people don't tend to go.

That's where I am 90% of the time. North end of the map.

I'll add your name to the list later... gotta go to work. :)

Got myself a Remington 870 shotgun with slugs and pellets. A M1911 with several magazines and three smoke grenades. Smoke Grenades drive those Zombies bonkers. Love using them to clear a town out so I can run through instead or crawling prone.

I'm making my way up the west of the map towards Zelenogorsk.

feel free to add me too.

moofactory

What server do you guys play on?

Lately ive been keeping to the U.S servers due to low numbers of players -10 just so I can get used to the game.

That and it always seems to be pitch black night on the AU/NZ servers.

Generally if its dark night and or raining i DC.

I thought you still got a bandit skin it wasn't as obvious?

Also I think this thread really needs xyzzy frobozz opinion in it, I'm very interested to hear what he has to say about a game he hasn't played yet.

Also I think this thread really needs xyzzy frobozz opinion in it, I'm very interested to hear what he has to say about a game he hasn't played yet.

dude...thats a bit far don't you think?

ANZ or NZ servers, moo.

I'll add you to the list now. :)

What server do you guys play on?

Lately ive been keeping to the U.S servers due to low numbers of players -10 just so I can get used to the game.

That and it always seems to be pitch black night on the AU/NZ servers.

Generally if its dark night and or raining i DC.

You'll find that some of the AU/NZ servers are now running as different timezones so it's day time in the evening when we're most likely to be playing.

but I think he should add in some things to give players more to do and encourage team work.

I know it's basic atm, and it is broken in v1.6 is fixing up vehicles or hunting for helicopters to loot (best gear), and eventually fix... assuming the server doesn't shit itself in the process, is something to do aside from killing others for sport.

Now that 1.7 is on the AusARMA servers, I'm on the lookout for a helicopter.

Apparently 3 spawn per map/server in random locations.

I've stumbled across a number of them but they were all bugged thanks to 1.6 being shit.

im having a lot of trouble getting the beta to work

obviously it creates a beta shortcut but for dayz to work combined operations must be started under steam.

and starting the beta shortcut wont work for dayz like that.

ive looked at the shortcut extensions to put in but its a bit confusing.

my current path is setup like this:

F:/programs/steam/steamapps/common/arma 2 operation arrowhead/ArmA2OA.exe

I cant seem to work out what launch options I should be putting on what shortcut.

Edited by moofactory

im having a lot of trouble getting the beta to work

obviously it creates a beta shortcut but for dayz to work combined operations must be started under steam.

and starting the beta shortcut wont work for dayz like that.

ive looked at the shortcut extensions to put in but its a bit confusing.

my current path is setup like this:

F:/programs/steam/steamapps/common/arma 2 operation arrowhead/ArmA2OA.exe

I cant seem to work out what launch options I should be putting on what shortcut.

You may have to take steam out of the picture, using the mod manager mention here under the none steam installation. Just direct it to use the beta shortcut.

How do you guys know that you are in the north? I spawn with no map and have no idea where I am.

Ghost, here: http://rien-ici.com/dayzmap.jpg

We know due to experience mostly, learning the map... but this really helps a lot.

Basically, you will spawn on the coast... run left or right along the road that runs along the coast until you find a town.

Read the road sign on the edge of town and it will tell you the town name.

Match it up with what you see on the map (it will be in Russian, but the map has Russian and English names as you can see).

Get your bearings from there and go hunting for useful items. :)

Once you know Chernaraus fairly well you no longer need the map, there are plenty of landmarks, the only thing you really need is a compass, for night travel.

I lost my last dude, an Ak Kobra and a sexy M9... Glitched into a door, fuck doors, seriously...

Doors are the reason why I can't have nice things.. although the winnie and 1911 aren't that bad... I mean, I seem to spend most of gaming time with those while I hunt for better weps, then when I get better weps, I get careless, turn into Rambo and die.

Edited by Chuck Norris(good actor