Ezkaton

DayZ: An ARMA II zombie survival mod

Make sure you wait a minute or two before logging out. I spawned but apparently it last saved while I was climbing up a ladder, I dropped like a rock and broke my legs :(

I recently got sniped while sherman was giving a blood transfusion, lost my gps, nv googles and rangefinder. Sad thing is the server wasn't showing the dead bodies, so nothing could be looted. What a fucking waste.

You gotta play with friends, the focus of this mod has moved from survival, to free for all Deathmatch PvP... which was inevitable since killing z's is endless and boring, people now try to tally up their murder count...

Even I went rogue... it's just more fun, I'm not even in it for the loot, last NVG I found i dropped in the water just to mess with my mate, who I shot. haha.

More additions to 1.7.1:

* [NEW] More infected attack animations

* [NEW] More infected feeding animations

* [NEW] Replaced monkey infected crawing run animation

* [NEW] Heartbeat when cursor on a player with very low humanity (heart beats faster the lower it is)

* [NEW] Humanity GUI indicator removed

* [NEW] New Infected and Action sound effects (more AWESOME stuff by Michael Manning)

Rocket was going to release it last night, but didn't as it was 2am for him at the time.

Hopefully we get it today or tomorrow. :)

1.7.1 has landed, people.

Keep in mind this patch requires the latest OA beta update which can be found here: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Performance and Optimization

- Reduction/elimination of the new server lag. This is caused by the ArmA2 server expecting immediate response from the central server. Vehicles are the main cause of this, as whenever they are damaged everything stops while the server ensures this is recorded in the database.

- Bugs fixed that were possibly causing very significant netcode overhead (will need mass-scale testing to verify this).

Infected Behavior

- Infected can no longer see/attack through walls.

- Entirely new mocap'd attack and running animations

Content

- Additional Idle Infected sounds

- Revised Attack sounds

- Many new action sounds, including IV, bandaging etc...

Notes

- This update will REQUIRE the beta patch, so it is worth installing this now and getting used to it.

- Read up at the BI Forums about the beta patch install. It's pretty easy.

Current Changelog

Developer's Note:

* Requires ArmA2 Beta.

Changelog:

* [FIXED] Wire Spools, Toolboxes, hedgehog (tank trap) kits not spawning

* [FIXED] Bodies still being deleted too quickly sometimes

* [FIXED] No backpacks or medical boxes spawning

* [FIXED] "No Speaker..." debug report spam

* [FIXED] Infected spawning too close to players (minimum 30m now)

* [FIXED] Infected not spawning inside buildings any more

* [NEW] Infected can't attack through walls

* [NEW] Infected can't see through objects any more

* [NEW] Infected visibility increased (but limited by LOS)

* [NEW] Infected attack range increased (but limited by LOS)

* [NEW] Infected can cause greater damage when they hit you

* [NEW] You can hide from an infected chasing you

* [NEW] Optimized server cleanup routine

* [NEW] Player body exists for five seconds after disconnect (UNCONFIRMED IF WORKING)

* [NEW] Infected see based on eye direction, not on body direction as before

* [NEW] 30Rnd_545x39_AK added to loot table

* [NEW] More infected attack animations

* [NEW] More infected feeding animations

* [NEW] Replaced monkey infected crawing run animation

* [NEW] Heartbeat when cursor on a player with very low humanity (heart beats faster the lower it is)

* [NEW] Humanity GUI indicator removed

* [NEW] New Infected and Action sound effects (more AWESOME stuff by Michael Manning)

* [NEW] Initial version of double-barreled shotgun added (by Artyom)

* [FIXED] CZ550 spawning far too often in farms

* [FIXED] Winchester decreased spawnrate (% given to double barrel shotty)

* [NEW] Recombine shotgun rounds between 2 and 8 rounds

* [NEW] Recombine 45ACP rounds between M1911 and Revolver rounds

* [FIXED] Tent placement is completely screwed (now can place anywhere except in building)

* [FIXED] Items for Eating and Drinking not removed instantly (allowed some duping)

* [NEW] DayZ: Now with additional cruelty! Spawn with only a bandage, painkillers, and a torch.

* [NEW] DayZ: Now with additional cruelty! Spawn with only a bandage, painkillers, and a torch.

Posted Image Edited by Mr.Twinkie

I would love a torch. Most times I connect to a game and it is dark. Logged in the other day after I logged out at the airfield on top of a building. I could not see a thing but luckily I had flares. Throw one and it falls through the roof and down to the ground, still could not see anything. No matter how many flares I threw, they all just fell through the roof and left me with no light.

My main problem though is connecting to a server and noticing I need to eat and drink. I do that and sometimes get disconnected. Log back in and notice I need to eat and drink again but the food is now gone.

Edited by Ghost05

My main problem though is connecting to a server and noticing I need to eat and drink. I do that and sometimes get disconnected. Log back in and notice I need to eat and drink again but the food is now gone.

That's cause logging off is counted as sleep, you wont die but if you are away for to long you'll need to feed when u get back in.

Posted Image

More like shoreline massacre....

If a n00b is starting with a Mak wasn't bad enough he now starts with a torch....

RIP torchbearers

EDIT: well I was wrong, it's one of the things I like, it makes everyone have to be sneaky, to scavenge at the beginning..

So far I'm liking this release, the DB shotty is excellent, as the winnie was OP, the zombies are tougher which is good, and they still pursue you very well, but also kinda stop after a while, which makes it actually harder as you can't clean an area of zeds like before, unless you have a VERY loud gun.

What I'm not liking is the zombies have increased no clipping abilities, by "FIXED" I think he meant, now the zeds can pass through any wall for consistency value, and I've caught them going up through the floor too now, before I was just getting the odd through the floor bite, but now they have a personal elevator...

Overall, some great improvements, but the zombies no clipping and see through walls is a killer... I just don't think it c an be fixed, it's an ARMA thing.

Edited by Chuck Norris(good actor

I haven't been seen or attacked through a wall yet... thankfully.

I'm looking at getting ARMA II and DayZ mod but I have big issues with the amount of internet I can use (Only 8gb a month).

Do any of you guys know how much it would consume playing for say an hour?

I'm looking at getting ARMA II and DayZ mod but I have big issues with the amount of internet I can use (Only 8gb a month).

You'll be fine. I don't know the details but you wont go over around 50mb per hour.

That's cause logging off is counted as sleep, you wont die but if you are away for to long you'll need to feed when u get back in.

So does that mean if you are gone for really REALLY long. Your character will essentially starve and die?

Cause I haven't had the bother to wait and see what happenes if don't ever feed the food and water when the icons on the bottom right continiously flash in red.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

You'll be fine. I don't know the details but you wont go over around 50mb per hour.

So does that mean if you are gone for really REALLY long. Your character will essentially starve and die?

Cause I haven't had the bother to wait and see what happenes if don't ever feed the food and water when the icons on the bottom right continiously flash in red.

No, you just come back with the water and food icons flashing red. Make sure you stock up before logging out, easy.

Your character will start to panic noises if you leave it too long, then you pass out. I think you can last longer without food then water.

FYI, there's a new hotfix out 1.7.1.1, if you get into a server and have no sound and no debug window you'll need to update.

Edited by SoaS

Be nice if they fixed heli crashes... found two last night.

Both bugged. :(

Be nice if they fixed heli crashes... found two last night.

Both bugged. :(

In what way are they bugged? Does it still set off the anti-cheat if u get inside it and kill you?

I tried downloading the update via the torrent. DON'T, it hasn't been updated yet.

Edited by SoaS

Bugged as in the minigun on the side looks like it's firing and you can't get inside it or check it for gear.

Well Since I'm still waiting for the download, here's the updates.

HOTFIX : 17 JUNE 2012

Affected addons:

* dayz_code 1.7.1.1

* dayz_server (only for server admins)

Developer's Note:

* Performance issues were associated with loot cleanup not working. This has been fixed.

* Each time you start a new character, you will get the gender selection dialog.

* INFECTED AND LOOT RESPAWN IS STILL QUITE BUGGED. NEEDS ALOT OF WORK. BUT IT SHOULD BE MANAGEABLE NOW.

Changelog:

* [FIXED] Server item cleanup error (thanks Dwarden for identifying)

* [FIXED] Server weighted random object error (thanks Dwarden for identifying)

* [REVERT] 5 second delay for disconnecting (will need to wait till new method developed)

* [REVERT] Disabling of interior raycasting (will mean some buildings you will be invisible/can't be hit in for the moment as they don't have view LODs)

* [REVERT] Infected sight based on head not body direction (infected glace around alot, this meant that they had super view directions. Now locked at body direction)

* [FIXED] Area not checked for existing infected before spawning new ones ("blind faith" that it had not made a mistake didn't work)

* [FIXED] Crippling performance issues caused by loot items never being cleaned up (loot now cleaned up)

* [FIXED] Tent pitching (Who the hell codes tent location checks TWICE before pitching? Oh apparently I do)

* [NEW] Marakov spawn rate increased

* [NEW] Small chance Mararov ammo will spawn on an infected

* [FIXED] Converting magazines didn't work if you had MORE than one of that magazine type (now works as intended)

* [NEW] Tweaked audibility and visibility values for kneel walking

* [REVERT] Secret nerf of prone (you noticed)

* [NEW] Can select gender for each new character

* [FIXED] Toolboxes aren't spawning (classname error in loot table)

* [NEW] Small tweaks to AI zombie routines to improve performance

* [REVERT] New spawn timer mechanism (back to the old one for now)

I also noticed last night, zombies respawning about 5-10 seconds after I shot them... only more than what I shot would respawn.

You gotta play with friends, the focus of this mod has moved from survival, to free for all Deathmatch PvP

So like every time I play co-op Halo with my brothers? Fuckin' awesome. I'm getting this when I'm back from NZ :D

Game is currently fucked. Was playing last night and the server crashed. Joined again and was in the same spot but with no ammo no weapons no nothing.

Lost my m14 with 5 mags and my M9 SD with 6 mags and my gillie suit so fucked off

the entirety of 1.7.1 has been a total fuckup.

1.7.1.1 - psychic zombies, introduced "sprint through towns until you find gun" mini-game

1.7.1.2 - randomly lose your gear while the server crashes every 10 minutes

1.7.1.3 - apparently so astoundingly bad it was skipped altogether

1.7.1.4 - FPS so bad it's unplayable, and jet engine shoes making zombies worse than 1.7.1

so how about we get this next

1.7.1.5 - fixed zombie FPS issues, reverted player sound levels back to normal

and we'll almost be all set. when the retarded new mini-game you have to play every time you spawn, where you're roleplaying as a russian usain bolt desperately trying to find a gun is removed, it'll be good to go

Edited by mudg3

hmm, my game has been flawless so far. I did read that players are spawn without their gear or with someone else gear but that didn't happen to me.

I do agree wit the sound levels when crouch crawling, it's now just as bad as running. Proning is the only way to get by the zeds now.