Ezkaton

DayZ: An ARMA II zombie survival mod

They were, but they seem to be okay now... I just spent about an hour in ANZ1.

So I haven't played this for weeks, but going by peoples comments and the patch notes, they're just constantly trying to make the game harder and harder, when it was already pretty damn hard around the release version, but now they add more guns, so the zombies need to do more damage to counter that? Doesn't make sense to me.

So I haven't played this for weeks, but going by peoples comments and the patch notes, they're just constantly trying to make the game harder and harder, when it was already pretty damn hard around the release version, but now they add more guns, so the zombies need to do more damage to counter that? Doesn't make sense to me.

Posted Image

They're trying to make the zeds harder to give it back that survival feel...

But it seems the only options are to make it impossible or too easy...

Cause what's happened to the mod is it's no longer a survival zed game with bandits, it's just a PvP bandit game with zeds, everyone is now a bandit, and the zombies are just there...

What the mod needs is the occasional zombie horde to attack your location...

I'm losing interest TBH.

Edited by Chuck Norris(good actor

They're trying to make the zeds harder to give it back that survival feel...

But it seems the only options are to make it impossible or too easy...

Cause what's happened to the mod is it's no longer a survival zed game with bandits, it's just a PvP bandit game with zeds, everyone is now a bandit, and the zombies are just there...

What the mod needs is the occasional zombie horde to attack your location...

I'm losing interest TBH.

Yeah, it sounds like it needs something else added to it, if they make the damage too hard so that being attacked by even 1 Zed can mean death, then they're not doing it right.

All of those guns listed were always in the game, Just extremely rare

Only gun added was the double barrel shotgun. Game isn't that much hard but it is a lot harder to start as you now have no gear.

I think if he dumbs down the zombie damage right now so you don't get broken legs every 10 seconds then it will be just perfect.

I know they have only added 1 new gun, what i meant was they are easier to find now (going by all reports).

I know they have only added 1 new gun, what i meant was they are easier to find now (going by all reports).

I think we were just really lucky with the heli crashes and Ezkaton found a random truck with the M249 in it plus did the dirty on some dude with the other gear.

I think we were just really lucky with the heli crashes and Ezkaton found a random truck with the M249 in it plus did the dirty on some dude with the other gear.

Freakin luck.

:P

Yeah actually recently I've found guns to be much harder to come across along the coast and in the main cities since the patch that removed starting gear. I've always had to scavenge further north.

As mudg3 said, my M249 I found in a random blue URAL I found in the middle of nowhere, just off a road next to some trees.

Along with tons of other shit, including NVGs. :)

The contents of the truck I found:

Posted Image

As for the current state of the game, if they remove the Terminator zombies (which is planned, as far as I'm aware... apparently the current zombie problems were caused by fixing other problems) and re-add some kind of 'faction' thing that works better than the bandit/survivor system the game used to have, and give players more to do aside from surviving and making vehicles work, giving random players an actual reason to work together... it will be perfect.

I think the game would benefits from a karma sorta system. So if you kill zombies, give blood packs to other players, don't murder other players etc the next time you die you'll respawn somewhere close to good stuff. However on the other hand if you murdered heaps of people and didn't help anyone you'll respawn somewhere shitty with heaps of zombies. Perhaps go one step further and add a sort of purgatory where you have to wait 10 minutes for every player you murdered before you can respawn.

I don't think the purgatory system you speak of would be very viable... I don't think punishing player killers is a solution either, as it's a huge part of the game.

Player encounters are the most exciting part... and some can be completely hilarious depending on your actions.

I have a long story from last night to type out, but I'll do that when I get home from work.

The game does need something though... something to encourage random players to work together. Some kind of goal.

I suppose it also doesn't help when the game is getting new players every day... none of which know what they're doing.

All of which are too stupid to do the ingame ARMA II tutorial, look at their control options, read patch notes, and/or actually do some research on how things work.

And for those who don't pay attention... the current 1.7.2 patch notes, which are growing.

Changelog:

* [FIXED] Infected hear perfectly through objects (noise reduced by 50% through an object)

* [FIXED] Animal bodies despawn way too fast (now despawn automatically after 2 minutes)

* [FIXED] Corrupted update data causes people to spawn in debug forest (now will not save corrupted position data)

* [FIXED] States where animal might stop walking around (now should walk around more)

* [FIXED] Animal AI routines consuming large amounts of FPS (now in line with Infected AI routines, reduced FPS usage)

* [NEW] Player Syncing system replaced (increased performance and ammo quantity tracking)

* [FIXED] Error reports are almost invisible (has now been fixed)

* [FIXED] Daylight calculations causing slight FPS issue

* [NEW] Visibility now smoothly alters based on sun, moon, cloud, rain, and fog state

* [NEW] Aubility now dampened in rain and increased by fog

* [FIXED] Object cleanup causing significant (huge) performance issue on servers (reduced by up to 50%, means more players + zombies possible)

* [FIXED] Use of "allMissionObjects" causing performance issue on clients (new engine command "entities" used to improve FPS on clients)

* [FIXED] Too easy to break legs due to infected (reduced probability of leg damage, reduced amount of leg damage)

* [FIXED] Inspection of dead bodies does not work (fix only applies with ArmA2 Beta 94033 and above)

* [NEW] Exponent driven probability introduced into visibility calculation

* [FIXED] Hatchet/Crowbar requires reloading ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34903 )

* [FIXED] Unlimited Wire fence/Sandbag/Tank Trap Bug ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34283 )

* [FIXED] Duplication Exploit on object pickup ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34031 )

* [FIXED] Not full magazines disappear when you reconnect ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33998 )

* [NEW] Set Bear Traps that break player and infected legs, kills animals, when activated

* [NEW] Authentication process streamlined with new ArmA2 Beta commands (publicVariableServer and publicVariableClient)

* [NEW] Authentication for duplicate IDs supportive of the new beta patch (ArmAX users)

* [NEW] Set Bear Traps that break player and infected legs, kills animals, when activated

I can see this being a problem, but also very funny.

It will be amusing, but I can imagine them being quite easy to see unless placed in long grass.

And even then, placing them in long grass may be pointless... unless you have like 50 of them and place them all around your camp/tent/vehicle area.

I'll be placing my at the top of the ladder in the control tower at the NW airfield.

EDIT:

Well, I WOULD if I didn't swear to myself I'd never go back there.

It always results in death.

No exceptions.

Ever

Edited by viremia

I think so, too!

I'm guessing if you place it correctly, It will snap them up as soon as they get off the ladder.

I've been playing this too, I love how much funny shit can happen when you play with mates.

We found a car the other night, loaded it up and my paranoid mate freaked out when he saw other players, turned out it was two people from our group... smashed up the car trying to get away but I had to laugh my ass off at it though.

Then an hour later after looting NW Airfield, we got owned going back to vybor

Edited by Linux_Inside V2

I can see this being a problem, but also very funny.

Great. More things to worry about.

Damn that looks like fun, I am going to play tonight after work and look for a car!

my best advice is that you dont find vehicles, they find you! but the despawning of unused vehicles thast been proposed will change that

ive found a car someone hid in the forest, lots of fun does ~110 on tarmac and i also found a dirtbike. i had more fun in the dirtbike but it is fragile and hard as to ride through a forest.

I shot it up with an ak though, went from our home in the forest to about 3 shops, maybe 5 deer stands stary sobor and another joint, used the jerry cans stored in the bike and on the way home, detoured to get fuel, saw a sheep in the paddock so held turbo and rammed it, sheep flew 100 metres but i had broken a wheel on the bike, went into town and found a wheel luckily, put it on and then it turned out that the damaged wheel was the rear one not the front, so i got mad and decided if i cant have it noone can!

its still there though, if someone hops on and tries to ride it will explode hahaha!