Ezkaton

DayZ: An ARMA II zombie survival mod

Hahahahaha.

I just had to post it as I did the same thing at balota one time the dude thought I was a zombie and shot me with a cross bow even though I had broken legs and was still alive so I proceeded to do the same, and the 2nd time chased after a dude in electro whilst playing hip to be square over direct coms.

God I love dayz

Ezkaton, you should type up our story about the barn. You're better at telling stories.

Yeah I've been meaning to, but I never feel like I have enough time. :P

I should probably start and just leave it open in a tab and add to it or something.

I should probably start and just leave it open in a tab and add to it or something.

create a file 'story.txt' and save to your desktop :)

long posts in browser can lead to hair tearing when something happens and you lose it all.

I like all the DayZ stories in this thread.

Edited by p0is0n

any of you guys in decent dayz groups? ive done basic tactical stuff with my friends or solo but looking for a team of players to join. I prefer to snipe but dont get to often as i usually play solo.

any of you guys in decent dayz groups? ive done basic tactical stuff with my friends or solo but looking for a team of players to join. I prefer to snipe but dont get to often as i usually play solo.

I generally play with Ezkaton and one other.

We don't really have a plan, we just make it up as we go along.

We do our own thing until we see/hear other players. We don't go hunting for kills.

If you care about your equipment, you shouldn't play with us.

We seem to die every few hours because Ezkaton is good at using us as bait we don't care about scores or trying to 'play-it-safe'.

Hahaha, I am pretty good at getting you guys shot.

Though you were in a bad spot when you were shot last night... should've been around the corner of the house like me. ;D

It's all good fun though.

Since I've learned to not get too attached to my gear, I have been playing a little more recklessly.

I'm sure that will stop when I get NVGs and a FAL/Bizon SD/M4A3 CCO SD... :p

I really don't care about dying.

Since I'm not a woman, I can read the map to find you again pretty easily.

And having nothing to lose means I sprint everywhere. Even through towns.

I love the ability to lose Zombies now :)

Found myself an L85 with switchable NV/thermal scope in a helicopter crash today.

Annoying that the gun was the only loot in the crash...

Though, lucky I had an ALICE pack 2/3 full of 5.56 STANAG mags, and another 3 in my inventory.

I've been saving them while running around with an M14 Aimpoint/DMR mags.

The L85 is quite nice, you can sit at a good distance and headshot zombies before moving into an area. :)

Looking at viremia through the scope, saluting in front of the heli crash in thermal mode.

Posted Image

Gun side on, and chopper crash in the distance.

Posted Image

Gun and BEARD shot, aww yeah... beards!

Posted Image

That could have been mine, If only you didn't always run faster than me!

Recently purchased Arma 2 and have been enjoying DayZ... my only gripes are:

1. Starting with no means to defend yourself sucks... especially when the zombies are an absolute pain to lose. I found myself often restarting rather than trying to lose a zombie that I accidently set off before finding guns.

2. Where the heck are the guns? I've been walking in-land checking all the buildings but barely find anything.

Starting with nothing means defending yourself sucks IF, you don't know the zombie mechanics and how to get by them unnoticed... or escape, which is easier than you think.

But what it helps is stopping a lot of player killing along the coast... helps more 'unknown' people be nice to one another for a while.

The guns are all over the place.

Barns, sheds, fire stations, apartment buildings, military camps, military barracks, airfields, supermarkets, schools, deer stands... you just have to know where to look I guess.

Keep in mind loot is random and has a percentage of spawn rate, so there won't always be what you want where you think it should be.

Somebody else could've already come by and "made a collection", too.

I've been playing a lot of this on the weekend, and every time I come across another player they just kill me instantly :/ Getting a bit sick of being PK'd for no reason, has happened about 5 times now.

Usually once I've got a bunch of items but no ammo or weapon.

Other than that its been fun.

If I have no weapon I just run up to people I see without a care in the world and start talking to them on direct comms like a stereotypical abo.

I haven't been killed doing it yet... :)

I need to check this out again to see what its like now. Sounds like some interesting updates have been added. Just installed Blacklight Retribution to have a look at seeing as it is free to play. Might test out DayZ again afterwards.

Edit: Looks like I'm checking this out first instead, normal usernames are taken and for some reason the login screen was laggy as all hell.

Edited by TheSingularity

I got picked off at a chopper crash outside Petrovka.

2 guys on an ATV, with two on foot that I didn't see.

I was trying to observe them from a distance until a grenade exploded right next to me.

Kind of surprised that didn't kill me.

Gunshots. Gunshots everywhere!

Tried to zig-zag off, agro-ing zombies along the way.

I got hit once and it fractured a bone.

Got hit again, broke the bone.

Got hit one last time and died.

I found a pistol and shotgun....

Next thing I know, Zombies Everywhere!

Ran into a forest and killed them (using all my damn ammo), now lost with no food or water D:

you guys used the m203? ive had some bad luck with it, ive had fun hitting zombies in the head with a HE nade but like once there was a guy prone at the base of the tree, i lobbed it right at the base of the tree he was prone behind no damage to him (he said) his head and legs were sticking out either side of the tree base..

Ive only played DayZ for an hour or so cause I got bored. Chased by a zombie, unarmed and just ended the game. Might play again sometime hopefully finding someone that I can team up with.

Btw Blacklight Retribution is a great F2P FPS, IMO. Ive been playing it for a while and am now level 7. Enjoy the customizations for characters and weapons. Hardsuits FTW!

I had a bit more luck tonight with less people playing, and starting to get the hang of it now. After spawning, figured out where i was in a few mins, hit up a few barns and got a hatchet and a rifle, then hit up a hospital, got some supplies, then a few apartments and got more ammo and a different rifle and so now I have a reasonable amount of med supplies, bunch of bandages, a lee enfield and 60 rounds and 40 markov rounds but no pistol. All that took around an hour or just over and so now I feel ready to continue inland looking for fun.

Be careful with that Enfield, Poison.

It's been dubbed "The dinner bell" because once you shoot it, every zombie in the server can hear it and comes a-runnin'.

Be careful with that Enfield, Poison.

It's been dubbed "The dinner bell" because once you shoot it, every zombie in the server can hear it and comes a-runnin'.

But it's also usually a one hit player kill over long distances and is pretty damn common.

One of my characters was just an arsehole, I'd use it and fill my pack with empty cans and just player kill anyone with a better gun, I wouldn't even loot them, and I'd always dump any NV goggles or GPS in the water, I had about 6 guys hunting me once I took out about 3 and let them loot my cans and enfield... It was quite amusing.

Also zeds can create a bit of havoc if you play your cards right.

I actually rate the Enfield TBH.

Haven't had the time to play in yonks though... :(

Edited by Chuck Norris(good actor

I was still using it tonight, made it to the NW airfield with my housemate, via stary sobor, we hit up all the millitary tents and got some ammo and weapons, didn't find anything to replace my enfield though.

Can see where it gets the dinner bell name.. shoot a guy about 100M out of town, then see like 10 Z's from the town running for us.

I died at stary sobor earlier tonight just falling through the floor which was lame, then the server restarted and I am certain my loot would have been gone.

We ended up out of morphine at the NW airfield a few hours later, my housemate with a broken leg from 1 zombie hit. About 15 mins ago someone came up and killed my housemate out of nowhere. I couldn't see him to shoot or react and then the server restarted a few mins later.

I am logged out at the airfield now with a heap of shit, didn't find many guns there though, the place had been picked clean. I don't like that everyone just PKs without hesitation though, but there doesn't seem to be much else to do once you have gotten some items. We had a bunch of car parts like jerry can, wheel and windscreen but didn't come across a car yet.

Seems a little boring once you know how to play, and still very glitchy. Might come back to this in a few months, unless I have some people to play with.

Edited by p0is0n