Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Ezkaton

DayZ: An ARMA II zombie survival mod

It's such a popular place close to the coast, so everything's usually gone.

I haven't found anything notable at Balota.

I've been killed twice there, though.

Gotta love players who kill unarmed survivors.

I've not met another player who didn't try to kill me on sight. Regardless of where I was and what I was holding. Even when holding only a hatchet :(

I'm still logged out just south of the NW airfield, might be on later tonight to check for better guns.

Poison, if you're older than 20... feel free to add me to Steam, I can pass on our Vent info if you'd like to join us when we play.

When together we usually roll in a pack, sharing loot, giving each other supplies if we find it, need food/drink etc.

I've never been shot at unless I'm holding a gun... but I usually run right up to people talking over direct, announcing I have no weapon, and to please not shoot as I have nothing worthwhile and pose no benefit to them by doing so.

They're usually cool with it and don't mind my presence as long as it doesn't look like I'm trying to raid their pack or whatever.

I'm just north of Stary. Viremia got shot there right next to me and we were about to leave anyway so I just quit.

Also, I found a can of Mountain Dew today and I also have antibiotics.

Fuck yeah, me.

I'm almost 25 if that is old enough :)

Will add you shortly and might jump on later, although I rarely use my microphone, and didn't know the game had built in voice chat.. which probably explains why I get killed.

Caps Lock is the default in-game voice key.

You use < and > on your keyboard to switch between voice channels... switch it over to direct communication to have your mic/voice come out of your player model to speak to people nearby.

I think the range is about 80m or something.

Or alternatively you can look in your game options and change the voice chat key to direct comms only.

Save accidentally talking in the wrong channel and having half the server yell at you in chat. :p

Direct communication is the greatest feature of any game, ever.

It should be standard in every single multiplayer game.

Ezkaton and I raided Stary, then went looting Deer Stands up north.

I saw someone in the distance running back south to Stary.

Decided to follow him.

Turned out to be 4-5 people.

As it also turns out, I'm not as sneaky as I thought.

Now I'm dead.

Thanks for that tip, I just discovered I have the in game voice chat volume at 0 so I wouldn't have heard anyone trying to chat to me either. I remember now some dick was spamming shit music through his mic and I didn't know how to mute him so I just turned it all off.

I'll set up direct coms properly before I jump on again this arvo :)

Edited by p0is0n

Direct communication is the greatest feature of any game, ever.

It should be standard in every single multiplayer game.

Ezkaton and I raided Stary, then went looting Deer Stands up north.

I saw someone in the distance running back south to Stary.

Decided to follow him.

Turned out to be 4-5 people.

As it also turns out, I'm not as sneaky as I thought.

Now I'm dead.

You were right when you said if we see anybody you will be the one to die out of the two of us... haha.

OK i was running around getting the feel for the game.

But i cant open doors for some reason.

There some sort of weird trick or chicken i need to sacrifice to do this?

Gates get the open / close symbol coming up. But houses apparently need Houdini like skills to get in :P

ahh so it was me trying to break into the unbreakable! i see.

Soo it's trial and error with the houses?

also in a town best places to find weapons? cause being unarmed and surrounded by the living dead sucks the big one

Keep an eye out for red brick double story houses, and single story brown wooden looking houses... and most sheds, large and small are all lootable.

10 towns have supermarkets in them, too... then there's deer stands on top of that.

Fire stations, hospitals, schools, airfields...

Ok will do. Crawling my way around a town with zombies everywhere is hilarious.

Reading through this though shows that if your prone your agro range is a couple of meters?

Hackers in the server, I see?

I followed the flames (they didn't hurt) to a heli crash on the beach on the east side of down with a body next to it. As if someone had crashed it, but I wasn't aware they caused this much chaos.

Flames scretched way up into the hill over looking the power house. I was on my way to cherno so I kepted looking back, see it taking over the down. It was quite epic.

Posted Image

Some guy walked up a hill right into Ezkaton, myself and one other friend.

I hesitated as I thought it might have been a friend.

Then he aimed at me with his AKS-Kobra.

None of us had a Kobra.

So we all shot him.

Got myself a large Coyote pack and range finder.

Still learning in the game, best so far ive gotten is a makarov and nearly dead from starving, zombies see me all the time so i have to be running as crouch running gets me hurt when there chasing me, gonan need some friends in this one lol...

Hang in there mahoni, especially if you're new to the ARMA series... it's just going to make it harder again.

You should have worked it all out in a week or two. :)

Yeah I tend to avoid playstyles like this FPS, but it just seems like it would be so fun once i get a group and we scavenge and hunt together. im slowlyy getting there.

So after dying on the weekend I started fresh last night. Found a hatchet in about 5 mins, decided to go rambo style.

Just ran at normal speed to my destination, running straight into zombies and hatcheting them before they could react. I managed to kill 12-14 on my way to balota airfield. (only took about 500 damage, and found a few cans of beans to this made up the difference).

Made it to the airfield, found a pistol in the hangers and some bandages and ammo. Jackpot. Kept the hatchet out for silence.

Killed a couple more by control tower, there was a tank trap at bottom of the stairs.

I decided to circumvent the tank trap, and vault over the stairs from the left side, putting me about 3-4 steps up. I then fell through the stairs, broke both legs and died instantly. :/

Spawned again in balota so ran back there in about 2 mins, couldn't find my body, presumably somewhere through the floor, but found an M16!

Tried to valut up the side of the stairs again, broke a leg, started bleeding and got knocked out, came to around 4k life and managed to crawl out of there.

Currently logged out with nothing but an M16 (and two clips) just north of the airfield. Not sure if its worth getting morphine delivered to keep this M16, thoughts?

Edited by p0is0n

Found a bear trap last night, damn those things dangerous!

I set it up just inside a doorway of a two story house just to piss off the next poor sucker. As I planted it a winny and ammo just happen to spawn inside the house. Just what my mate needed :/

I had a toolbox so I dismantled it, or so I thought. To my friend it no longer existed, he could move as he pleased. As soon as I tried to move over it, broken legs.

A lot of laughing later and 4 morphine sticks, we were off :p

Currently logged out with nothing but an M16 (and two clips) just north of the airfield. Not sure if its worth getting morphine delivered to keep this M16, thoughts?

You could crawl off into the forest, respawn then loot body. I'd just be careful with that gun, not that it's special but everyone will probably try to take it.

I have an M16A4 ACOG and it's pretty awesome.

I don't really like the other M16s though, bad ironsights.